• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Crossbreed is pretty chunky. Anything else out there that's thinner

This is a discussion on Crossbreed is pretty chunky. Anything else out there that's thinner within the Gear Talk forums, part of the Armory Talk category; Wow - didn't mean to sound like I was bashing on Crossbreed. You HAVE to remember I'm comparing this to the Kahr PM9 (SINGLE STACK) ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » Gear Talk » Crossbreed is pretty chunky. Anything else out there that's thinner

Old 01-21-2013, 09:33 PM   #11
XDTalk Member

Member #: 86752
Wow - didn't mean to sound like I was bashing on Crossbreed. You HAVE to remember I'm comparing this to the Kahr PM9 (SINGLE STACK) that I carry. Kahr single stacks are all I've ever carried. I have nothing else to compare it to. So YES I stand by my comment that the new set up is chunky to me. Will I get used to it? Hope so. I love the XD line so much and I've invested a fair amount of dough in it. I'm fully committed to it.

Please remember I didn't ask why you don't think Crossbreed is chunky, or why you think I'm a jackass for making such a blasphemous statement. I'm asking - IS THERE ANOTHER OPTION that's thinner? I'm asking because I want help from other's who have the same gun/setup as me aka - the people on this forum.

Mhen - it's also the owner that's chunky.

If any of you have ever lost a ton of weight - it's extremely counter intuitive to buy "bigger" pants. It's a mental thing. Plus I don't wanna be swimming in my pants..... I'm not a baggy jeans kinda guy.
BBQGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-21-2013, 09:35 PM   #12
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 15395
While I love the Supertuck, I will say it requires a "break-in" period. They definitely get more comfortable with use.

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ!
SpringerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:37 PM   #13
XDTalk 15K Member

Member #: 3721
The reason it's so "chunky" is that the XD is much thicker than you Kahr. The holster has to be wide enough to accept the gun. Only way to make it thinner is to change the gun to a thinner model and buy a holster for that.
Quote:
Battlestar Galactica Book Of Pythia
"All of this has happened before, and all of it will happen again."
Quote:
People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome. River Tam Serenity
agalindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:41 PM   #14
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 51043
BBQGuru, i had something written about there not being enough room in the pants due to the owner, but i deleted it to be nice haha
We weren't attacking you to defend the crossbreed (although many of us do love them) bit we were trying to point out that the holster isn't that big. Its a sliver of leather and a sliver of kydex. Other than that the only space is where the gun goes, and the size of that hole depends on the gun.
A crossbreed is likely the most comfortable holster you will ever own for that gun. I have 4 holsters for my XD's. They all have their purpose, but the supertuck is my go to due to the fact i don't have to fight it and it won't annoy me all day. I will, and i have, forgotten that its there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-21-2013, 09:42 PM   #15
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 16502
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQGuru View Post
Wow - didn't mean to sound like I was bashing on Crossbreed. You HAVE to remember I'm comparing this to the Kahr PM9 (SINGLE STACK) that I carry. Kahr single stacks are all I've ever carried. I have nothing else to compare it to. So YES I stand by my comment that the new set up is chunky to me. Will I get used to it? Hope so. I love the XD line so much and I've invested a fair amount of dough in it. I'm fully committed to it.

Please remember I didn't ask why you don't think Crossbreed is chunky, or why you think I'm a jackass for making such a blasphemous statement. I'm asking - IS THERE ANOTHER OPTION that's thinner? I'm asking because I want help from other's who have the same gun/setup as me aka - the people on this forum.

Mhen - it's also the owner that's chunky.

If any of you have ever lost a ton of weight - it's extremely counter intuitive to buy "bigger" pants. It's a mental thing. Plus I don't wanna be swimming in my pants..... I'm not a baggy jeans kinda guy.

Well DUH!! You are going from a pocket gun to a real mans gun

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

US Army 2005 - 2014
Kimber Series I Compact Aluminum - My Carry
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

NRA Life Member
SAF Defenders Club Life Membership
AZCDL Life Membership

IN HELPDESK WE TRUST #2

"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!"

Capt. John Parker, Lexington militia
ArmyGuy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:59 PM   #16
XDTalk Member

Member #: 86752
Man o man a rough introduction here fellas.

I agree my minituck for my Kahr is barely noticeable after the break in period passed. Maybe the supertuck for the 9SC will also be harly noticeable once I get used to it.

I also will state that I expect that there is some period of becoming used to a larger framed gun IWB. One of the reasons I bought the Kahr over the XD in the first place was size. Now I feel like the tradeoff of size vs comfort with the gun, the XD wins out because of my comfort level with the brand. Otherwise I would have stuck with the Kahr.
BBQGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:06 PM   #17
XDTalk 15K Member

Member #: 3721
I have a .40 service and a 9mm tactical the same holster fits both I also have a pf9 with holster when changing between the full sized to mico gun I can tell the difference. It's not the holster it's the gun.
Quote:
Battlestar Galactica Book Of Pythia
"All of this has happened before, and all of it will happen again."
Quote:
People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome. River Tam Serenity
agalindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:06 PM   #18
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 31509
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQGuru View Post
Man o man a rough introduction here fellas.

I agree my minituck for my Kahr is barely noticeable after the break in period passed. Maybe the supertuck for the 9SC will also be harly noticeable once I get used to it.

I also will state that I expect that there is some period of becoming used to a larger framed gun IWB. One of the reasons I bought the Kahr over the XD in the first place was size. Now I feel like the tradeoff of size vs comfort with the gun, the XD wins out because of my comfort level with the brand. Otherwise I would have stuck with the Kahr.
You're fine BBQGuru - don't take it wrong from us, I dont think anyone is intentionally flaming you.

One person here had it right - its the XD - its a fairly wide gun, compared to the Kahr or any other single stackers out there. I CCW'd a XD9SC for a while till I got the XDS45, and it felt better to put the thinner gun on (both in a Crossbreed holster). Now the other day I put the 9 back on and I found wow it really doesn't feel all that much bigger. Bottom line, the CB has to be broken in a bit and adjusted, but once you find the 'sweet spot' for you, it will feel wonderful carrying.

Welcome to the site
showmepro1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:34 AM   #19
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 44190
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhen View Post
For inside the waist band you are not going to find anything better. Its not the holster that is chunky, its the gun. If you want more space inside your belt line get a single stack gun.
Have to agree here. Anything thinner and the mouth won't stay open for reholstering. Want to keep wearing skinnyjean emopants? Don't carry an XDSC. That's why I went with a S&W Shield 9mm.

*shakes his skinnyjean emopants butt*

Old 01-22-2013, 11:42 AM   #20
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 49858
Not to worry BBQ- I own 2 CBST's, and they rarely see the light of day outside my designated dresser drawer.

In my case the "length" of the holster is my issue with it. The longer it is, the more space inside your pants required. Simple geometry.

My normal everyday pant waist size is 36". If I want to CBST for the day, then a choice from the 38" side of the rack I must choose.

"So...they say you have a monster? A curse upon this land?? I am ripper, tearer, slasher, gouger. I am the teeth in the darkness, the challenge in the night. Mine is strength, and lust and power. I am Beowulf!"- Anglo-Saxon Nowell Codex

μολὼν λαβέ
N.E. Tx.XD is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » Gear Talk

Search tags for this page

cbst n82

crossbreed holsters forum
crossbreed minituck xd9sc

crossbreed vs mic

foxx holsters suck

is there something else out there?
iwb holster for the kimber super carry pro hd, left handed
kahr k40 minituck
kimber super carry custom hd holster owb
little foxx holster xd40sc
mic holster or crossbreed
n82 pro vs little foxx
owb holsters for kimber super carry pro
Click on a term to search for related topics.