• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Tuck this

This is a discussion on Tuck this within the Gear Talk forums, part of the Armory Talk category; I am currently looking to purchase a concealed holster for my 4" XD .40. The one that has caught my eye is the Desantis Tuck ...

Old 01-21-2013, 03:39 PM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 86411
Tuck this

I am currently looking to purchase a concealed holster for my 4" XD .40. The one that has caught my eye is the Desantis Tuck this, does anyone have an opinion, good or bad, on this brand of holster?
trentkoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-21-2013, 03:46 PM   #2
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 22296
I used one for several years with good results.

some kinds of gun oils cause the nylon to get sticky.

the elastic mag pouch on the front eventually got stretched out. I think it took about 3-4 years for this to occur.

The tuckable metal J-hook was awesome. the single hook, as well as the fact that it does not surround the belt makes it extremely concealed in sensitive environments.

I changed over to the Sof-Tuck by desantis I think about a year ago. It's suede and it doesn't have a magazine pouch, but it's excellent quality and does not get sticky like the nylon holster did. I wish it had a magazine pouch sewn on, but I guess I can't have everything I want--at least not right now.

It's a great holster to wear with dress pants and a dress shirt. Conceals better than anything else I've seen if that's how you dress.

Of course, it also works great with untucked shirts, sweaters, etc.

Federal weapon statutes:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
cce1302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:53 PM   #3
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 86411
Right on thank you
trentkoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:34 PM   #4
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 89541
I also have the Sof-tuck and although I haven't used it for very long it is comfortable and adaptable to casual and dress situations.
terryfnan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:40 PM   #5
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 67471
Quote:
Originally Posted by trentkoger View Post
I am currently looking to purchase a concealed holster for my 4" XD .40. The one that has caught my eye is the Desantis Tuck this, does anyone have an opinion, good or bad, on this brand of holster?
I opted for the larger "Tuck This Mutha Tucker!"
Old 02-23-2013, 06:52 PM   #6
XDTalk 4K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridge View Post
I opted for the larger "Tuck This Mutha Tucker!"
There is a small chance that I giggled at your statement, having made the connection between the phrase "Tuck this" and the other phrase, similar in sound, but less appropriate for all audiences.

Federal weapon statutes:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Old 02-24-2013, 07:19 PM   #7
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 79338
Did you look at their Speed Scabbord holster? This looks nice for my XDM 9mm 4.5. Same size as the .40.
Richmond, VA
rgmcree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:10 PM   #8
XDTalk 4K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgmcree View Post
Did you look at their Speed Scabbord holster? This looks nice for my XDM 9mm 4.5. Same size as the .40.
I have the speed scabbard for my S&W model 327 (revolver). It works well. I've never used one for an auto.

Federal weapon statutes:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » Gear Talk