• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Question about Crossbreed Supertuck

This is a discussion on Question about Crossbreed Supertuck within the Gear Talk forums, part of the Armory Talk category; My question for the guys that use the Crossbreed, what makes it more comfortable than a quality leather IWB holster? I have always used leather ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » Gear Talk » Question about Crossbreed Supertuck

Old 01-21-2013, 03:14 PM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 12175
Question about Crossbreed Supertuck

My question for the guys that use the Crossbreed, what makes it more comfortable than a quality leather IWB holster? I have always used leather IWB holsters, but after seeing so many supporters of the supertuck holsters, I figured I would ask.

If you have carried both, I'd like to know what makes them more comfortable, conceal better, etc. Thanks for the input.
cbennettx is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-21-2013, 03:16 PM   #2
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 43432
IMO, the Crossbreed and similar types are a bit more comfortable than traditional all - leather ones for two reasons.

1) The kydex shell keeps the holster thinner instead of having the full thickness of leather all the way around the gun
2) The wider area of leather backing keeps the sides of the gun and the grip away from your skin / clothes.

A third benefit, may be that the kydex doesn't collapse so you can re-holster single-handed. I never had that problem with a leather holster, mine have always stayed open, but some have had that issue.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:19 PM   #3
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 81147
thinner, lighter and easy to reholster.
With age a all leather IWB will collapse flat after drawing
Ruger LC9 Bianchi Holster (MRS EDC)
Taurus Millenium PT-111 9MM bi tone
Browning Buckmark .22
Beretta Neos .22
DPMS A-15 (AR-15)
Weatherby Orion O/U 12ga
Winchester 1200 12ga pump
SKB (Ithica) Auto 12 GA (tactical conversion)
Custom Holster Maker
MN State firearms safety Instructor
NRA certified pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
TonysXDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:32 PM   #4
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 12175
Those reasons make sense, I will look into trying one. I will order the j hooks with the holster as well.

I also plan to check out the Garrett Silent Thunder Fusion as well.
cbennettx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:41 PM   #5
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 29160
Love My SuperTucks

About the only areas of concern are that the spring steel waist belt snaps can be bent in a more open loose position...this can occur if the holster is ripped from your waist. Also the holster needs full captive belt LOOPS instead of snap over steel snaps.

Finally...if they would just figure out a way to make the holster a little bit more secure...like an active way of locking the pistol into the kydex. Don't know how this would be done. The gun CAN fall out if YOU are inverted. HB of CJ (old coot)

Also don't get the tactical combat cutaway. They also need to make the paddle a little bit bigger. Get the horsehide upgrade...it is tan. Cowhide is black. They were supposingly working on a 6 mag ZOMBIE special mag paddle holster...very cool.
HB of CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:09 AM   #6
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 85869
^ That sounds like a product I would be interested in. All you can find primarily are double mag holders.

Zombie stuff kicks ass!
Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:03 PM   #7
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 87531
It's mainly because the larger piece of leather is far more comfortable than a small gun-sized lump on your side. It makes a huge difference because you feel the leather not the gun.
Colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:05 PM   #8
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 87531
Quote:
Originally Posted by HB of CJ View Post
About the only areas of concern are that the spring steel waist belt snaps can be bent in a more open loose position...this can occur if the holster is ripped from your waist. Also the holster needs full captive belt LOOPS instead of snap over steel snaps.

Finally...if they would just figure out a way to make the holster a little bit more secure...like an active way of locking the pistol into the kydex. Don't know how this would be done. The gun CAN fall out if YOU are inverted. HB of CJ (old coot)

Also don't get the tactical combat cutaway. They also need to make the paddle a little bit bigger. Get the horsehide upgrade...it is tan. Cowhide is black. They were supposingly working on a 6 mag ZOMBIE special mag paddle holster...very cool.
I disagree with not getting combat cut. If you want to be able to properly grip your pistol, get the combat cut. I have tried both and there is no loss in comfort. There is absolutely no reason to not get a combat cut, especially in a personal defense situation.
Colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:21 PM   #9
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 47734
Quote:
Originally Posted by HB of CJ View Post

I dunno, I do handstands pretty regularly wearing mine and have never had the XD come out or even get loose. I also did my own combat cut on mine and have no problems.
Mr. Anthony is online now   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » Gear Talk

Search tags for this page

bianchi 100t professional

bianchi holsters 100t professional vs crossbreed supertuck

bianchi vs crossbreed

crossbreed or bianchi

crossbreed super tuck holster for the taurus pt 111 millenium

crossbreed supertuck additional shells

crossbreed supertuck holster black or tan

crossbreed supertuck vs bianchi 100t

crossbreed supertuck vs bianchi professional

crossbreed vs bianchi

leather holsters for browning buckmark

ruger sr1911 anyone with crossbreed

silent thunder fusion vs supertuck

Click on a term to search for related topics.