• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

tried something figured i would share

This is a discussion on tried something figured i would share within the Gear Talk forums, part of the Armory Talk category; I bought a cheap holster off a guy. It was for left hand draw. I am right handed. I carry my xd 45 over my ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » Gear Talk » tried something figured i would share

Old 01-16-2013, 11:00 PM   #1
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 82080
tried something figured i would share

I bought a cheap holster off a guy. It was for left hand draw. I am right handed. I carry my xd 45 over my right butt cheek. Using the left hand draw holster in this configuration makes the grip point out to the right. It feels more natural to draw like that. Others may already do this and may have already posted but i thought i would share
harleydavidson1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-16-2013, 11:42 PM   #2
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 86093
Talking

I was practicing my draw today, I just switched form a shoulder holster to a hip, and I was thinking the same thing. I like to have my gun a little further back on my side as.well and I noticed that it was a pretty akward maneuver to get a good solid grip before I drew, if I stick with the hip holster my next putchase will be another lefty sidekick holster so I can run it where it is comfortible and practical
Mr.Erickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:26 AM   #3
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 82080
Mr.Erickson if you are right handed i would try it. It works wonders. Makes my draw more comfortable and smooth. I may go back to carrying my semiautos now over my 357 in shoulder rig
harleydavidson1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:44 PM   #4
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 53114
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleydavidson1200 View Post
I bought a cheap holster off a guy. It was for left hand draw. I am right handed. I carry my xd 45 over my right butt cheek. Using the left hand draw holster in this configuration makes the grip point out to the right. It feels more natural to draw like that. Others may already do this and may have already posted but i thought i would share
I went through this when I bought a holster.
Pay attention of where the gun points as you draw and aim. With a LH holster and shoting RH the gun sweeps right at your lower body. With a RH holster and RH draw the gun is aimed more away from your lower body then wit the LH. At least for me this was the case.
Greg O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:48 PM   #5
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 43924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
I went through this when I bought a holster.
Pay attention of where the gun points as you draw and aim. With a LH holster and shoting RH the gun sweeps right at your lower body. With a RH holster and RH draw the gun is aimed more away from your lower body then wit the LH. At least for me this was the case.

+1 My thoughts exactly...

Flight 93
Okay, let's roll!" -Todd Beamer

I joined what are you waiting for

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

MrStarofDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:08 PM   #6
XDTalk Member

Member #: 34107
Thank you
freytes2004 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » Gear Talk