• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

better method of CC carry

This is a discussion on better method of CC carry within the Gear Talk forums, part of the Armory Talk category; Pretty new here. Earned my PTC here about a month ago. Purchesed a SA XD .40 as my first handgun. So, getting to the point: ...

Old 01-02-2013, 01:20 PM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 83116
better method of CC carry

Pretty new here. Earned my PTC here about a month ago. Purchesed a SA XD .40 as my first handgun. So, getting to the point: I have been adjusting to CC and currently use a Galco Kingtuk. Mostly happy with the comfort and retention. I carry @ 3-4 o'clock but feel I have an issue with printing the bottom of the grip.
I have raised the clips to lowest holster position. What else can I do to minimize the end of the grip printing?
zimtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-02-2013, 02:16 PM   #2
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 30907
What you're finding is probably what everyone has when they first begin to carry - they feel like there's a big sign drawn on the side of their body that says "I'M CARRYING A GUN!!!" and every little crease screams CONCEALED WEAPON from their hip.

In actuality, 99.999% of the population has no idea that you have a concealed weapon. The .001% are most likely other CC'ers, who out of respect wouldn't say anything to you in public.

I used to be paranoid when carrying. Now about 3/4 of the time, I use an OWB holster and an untucked shirt. When social situations call for something more discreet, my tuckable IWB holster does nicely.

Either way, no one has a clue that I'm carrying.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:21 PM   #3
XDTalk Member

Member #: 84910
For quite a while, my wife never even knew when I had "something" with me....till I told her. Now she has made a bad habit of "patting" me right there to see which one I have LOL

Never does she do this in public, though.
ship4brains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:41 PM   #4
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 45398
Question What gun belt are you using?

What gun belt are you using

If you are not using a belt dedicated to carring firearms on the belt, I would highly suggest it. They make a huge difference.

I personally like and use the Crossbreed belts. If you are interested in trying one of these, check out this thread:Once at the web site above, just click on the word "Belt" at the top of the screen. Make sure you size it correctly before making an order.

Good Luck And Be Safe!!!
szhttm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:56 PM   #5
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 48119
Having you tried adjusting the angle the gun sits at on you hip? Pointing the end of the grip more upright helps some people. Back clip on my crossbreed is in bottom hole , while the front is in center hole. Helps me.

Good luck and take care.

We defend our President with guns We defend our Congressmen with guns We defend our Governors with guns We defend banks with guns We defend our courts with guns,We defend our children with a sign that says THIS IS A GUN FREE ZONE and then call someone with a gun if there's an emergency!
stuz92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:07 AM   #6
XDTalk Member

Member #: 86084
I'm carrying a Full Size Sig 1911 STX on me right now. I have a Kholster IWB holster that has a pretty agressive cant on it and the top of my pant is about even with the front of the Kydex at about 3:30. A bigger tshirt (black seems best) or a second cover shirt and you can't even tell it's there. Cant is your friend when it comes to larger handled handguns. I work on computers so I'm sitting all day, with this gun on me (office in a friends garage.) It's comfortable enough to handle all day. My tactical belt should be here today, which I can't wait for. I've found that as the day goes on the weight starts to pull on my pants more, and I'm in between notches on my belt.

Carrying does require a change in dress, and mind set but as Spammy said, a lot it is just getting adjusted to having it and not feeling like you have that sign on you.
GaugedFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:54 PM   #7
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 86502
The Springfield XDM has an long grip frame which will always " print". Dillion sells a nice belt holster and a good gun belt (by Mitch Rosen). I wore it for years. It's well made and comfortable. I always bought my T shirts one size larger. Currently I carry a Ruger LC9 in a Mitch Rosen holster. It rides high and is VERY comfortable. The holster is custom made and costs $75.00.
dingo981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:11 PM   #8
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 86520
Like a few posters have said, a good belt will help. Try a belt from TheBeltMan or Volund Gearworks or Ares. I like the Ares Ranger Enhanced PALS. This is what I have: Ranger Belt, Enhanced, PALS - $114.99 : Ares Gear
NEVRL8T is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » Gear Talk

Search tags for this page

ares enhanced ranger belt pals

best concealed carry methods

xdm 40 carry method

Click on a term to search for related topics.