• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Coffman Concealement Holster Review -pics

This is a discussion on Coffman Concealement Holster Review -pics within the Gear Talk forums, part of the Armory Talk category; A few months ago I began chatting with Michael Coffman of Coffman Concealement about his line of holsters and mag holders. After a few discussions, ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » Gear Talk » Coffman Concealement Holster Review -pics

Old 12-20-2012, 08:33 PM   #1
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 30389
Coffman Concealement Holster Review -pics

A few months ago I began chatting with Michael Coffman of Coffman Concealement about his line of holsters and mag holders. After a few discussions, Michael decided to send me a holster and mag holder for evaluation.

Here are a few pics of the products:

After I received this holster and mag carrier, the first thing that I noticed was the unusual system he has for belt loops. Most other brands have external loops. I have the external loops on my non-light carrier holster and they have done a good job as well, but they would seem to create weak points at the attachment points. I believe that the Coffman Concealement version does a better job of distributing stress over a larger area and minimizing weak points.

Take a look at the way it looks with a belt through the loops:

One of the problems with light carrier holsters is that it is a little harder to get solid retention with the light attached. With the way the belt goes through the loops the belt seems to pull the kydex tighter and gives nice solid retention. As you can see from the following picture, the holster does a good job of retention even when upside down.

I was actually able to jump up and down (unloaded and mag removed) with the holster upside down and had no issues with retention. I will be attaching a video review to this post later that will include this as well as a destructive test of a second holster.

As you can see from the following pictures, the holster hugs tightly to the body and can be concealed easily with an untucked shirt.

The biggest differences that I can see between the construction of this holster and other kydex products on the market is quality of construction. This holster uses a thicker kydex than most other brands on the market. This is a 0.93 thickness versus 0.60 on most other brands. You can see and feel the difference in quality with the thicker kydex. Coffman Concealement also does a great job on the finish of the holster. You can see where the edges have been carefully rounded and he has flared the opening to allow for quicker/easier re-holstering.

Here is a thickness comparison:

The mag holders do their job well and are comparable in fit and finish to the holster. It is a little hard to wear due to being stiff and a double mag holder. If I was buying these, I would opt for two single carriers. I think that would improve wearability.

Overall, I think these holsters are great. I appreciate the time and though that Michael has put into these holsters. Instead of trying to put out a product that was like everything else on the market, he has made improvements and a better product.

Added a video review:

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

Last edited by Brimstone; 02-22-2013 at 07:36 PM.
Brimstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-04-2013, 05:40 PM   #2
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 82551
Are you still liking this holster?
kpromero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:55 PM   #3
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 30389
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpromero View Post
Are you still liking this holster?
I am still wearing it every day. It has been great.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington
Brimstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:23 AM   #4
XDTalk 100 Member

Thanks. I am talking to Michael about making one for my XDM .40 4.5" with a Crimson Trace LG-453 LaserGuard
Old 01-22-2013, 05:49 PM   #5
XDTalk 100 Member

Michael just finished mine up and sent me pictures. I have a Crimson Trace LaserGuard LG-453 and this was his first one doing. Turn around time was great and can't wait to see in person. Cost was $125 with the options of ($80 holster, $15 weaponlight / laser, $10
IWB loops, $10 Tuckable struts). Can wear IWB or OWB

Old 01-26-2013, 07:06 AM   #6
XDTalk 100 Member

Received holster today and Michael did a wonderful job on it. Fit and retention with Crimson Trace laserguard is perfect. If anyone is interested in a holster, i would definitely not rule him out. A few questions through e-mail and he knew exactly what to do. Check out his site.
Michael Coffman of Coffman Concealement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » Gear Talk

Search tags for this page

bromstone holsters

coffman concealment

coffman concealment holsters review

coffman concelment systems

coffman holsters

coffmanconcealment.com holsters

concealing xdm 4.5

crimson lg453 evaluation

crimson trace lg-453 review

lg-453 laserguard reviews

michael coffman holster

pictures of body holster

quality holsters for smith & wesson 640 -1

retention holster for xd and tlr4 light

upside holster 44 mag

what thickness kydex for holster

Click on a term to search for related topics.