• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Holster for "huggers?"

This is a discussion on Holster for "huggers?" within the Gear Talk forums, part of the Armory Talk category; Team, I was CCW in a place where, although legal, if discovered could cause me to lose my situation. A female colleague of mine who ...

Old 04-12-2012, 10:45 AM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 56494
Holster for "huggers?"

Team, I was CCW in a place where, although legal, if discovered could cause me to lose my situation.

A female colleague of mine who is a "hugger" kind of grabbed me yesterday and, if her grip had been a touch lower, would have certainly recognized a "hardness" where it wouldn't have been appropriate - my back at the waistline (sorry, pervos - you're not going to get me to go there).

Although she knows my views and that I carry, it may have caused a controversy.

What kind of holster is deep enough for concealment in an environment which CCW is frowned upon? Defender? Thunderwear? Ankle?

Gun = PT809c. Current holster = Old Faithful (and it's FANTASTIC!!)
Remove Ads
Old 04-12-2012, 11:01 AM   #2
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 43432
I encounter a lot of "overly friendly" types that like to give hugs.. both guys (bro-hug like) and women.

IMO, it's less the holster than your actions to work with it. Anytime it looks like a hug is pending, I'll take the first step and put my strong side arm down just over the holster so the other party is forced to reach up over my shoulder. The other arm may be up or down depending.... but I find it is easier to take the initiative and make the first move so they need to put their arms what YOU want them to.

Am sure others will chime in... but I haven't been "made" when using that technique even with OWB holsters.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:02 AM   #3
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 56494
Sorry team, for the mis-post. This should be in "Gear," not "General." I looked for a mod to move it but none of the mods for "General" are online right now. Could someone ping another admin to move this thread?

TIA. Sorry - I just don't post here that often since I sold the XD(m) .45 I had. I honestly do miss you guys, you're a superb forum. I'm at TaurusArmed.net and they're as nice as you guys and nearly as knowledgeable!
Old 04-12-2012, 11:10 AM   #4
XDTalk Member

Member #: 67635
I have wondered about similar situations. Good Question!

Interesting about leading with your own arm to force a certain 'safe' embrace. Probably a better approach than moving to a holster or carry position that is 'cuddle safe'.

Lucky for me my coworkers and I keep each other at arms length but couples night can present a similar issue. None of those ladies would object but might blow cover in public; "Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?" "uh, it's uh, ha, ha, should we go somewhere else for dinner?"
Old 04-12-2012, 11:22 AM   #5
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 71177
My wife has been hugging and checking finally I told her just ask this is ludacris ! But it made me aware so I have been leaning in with the non strong side and hugging with one arm

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.”

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Springfield Xdm 3.8 compact .40 EDC in a Tennessee holster and a crossbreed supertuck

Springfield XDm 5.25 comp in 9mm

M&P shield in 9mm and a CBST

M10 762 AK-47
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Winchester 1200 trap shooter !
Mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:39 AM   #6
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 49858
I wouldn't worry too much about it. If I were to ever be "made" in similar situation, I'd just say it is my portable muscle stimulator.

"So...they say you have a monster? A curse upon this land?? I am ripper, tearer, slasher, gouger. I am the teeth in the darkness, the challenge in the night. Mine is strength, and lust and power. I am Beowulf!"- Anglo-Saxon Nowell Codex

μολὼν λαβέ
N.E. Tx.XD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:02 PM   #7
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 23108
Sexual harassment! sexual harassment! try to keep 'em away.

Douglas MacArthur
KenW. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:07 PM   #8
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 70975
I would say get a slim gun (shield, pf9, 709, pps) and pocket carry. Even if they brushed against it they would think it was a phone or something like that. There are also holsters that hang IWB below the belt line, although I can't name any brands off the top of my head. Third option is a fanny pack holster or belt pouch holster, if you don't mind looking like a bit of a goober. You could also possibly go shoulder holster but I personally don't like them for cc.

XD 40sc (primary carry)
Rossi 461 3" 357
Taurus 740 w/CT (currently visiting family)
CZ-82
Saiga 12
Vhyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:57 PM   #9
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 65070
Always hug low to force the other person to hug high.

Second, Non-gun people will rarely(if ever) put 2 and 2 together and think gun. Gun people might know, but probably either A) won't care, or B) know better than to say anything.

I've had a couple dozen people bump it(lots of hugging at funerals, family events, ect) and I've had exactly one person ask because they ran up behind me a gave me a hug. I told them it was a back support because I slipped when hiking. End of discussion.

Just because something is obvious to you doesn't mean it's obvious to others.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:07 PM   #10
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 56159
Sorry all i read was hugging a colleauge who almost felt your hardness..in all cases, diversion is best!
Ryal is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » Gear Talk

ccw, holster, hug

Search tags for this page
cc holster for a pt 809c
edc tia holster
female holster for taurus .40
holster for a pt 809c
holster for pt 809c

holster for taurus pt809c

holsters for taurus pt809c

old faithful holster for taurus 709
pt 809 holster

pt809c holster

taurus 809c holster

taurus 809c women carry holster

taurus pt 809 c holsters

taurus pt809c holster

taurus pt809c holsters

xdm 45 3.8 appendix

Click on a term to search for related topics.