• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

XD9 4" with Streamlight TLR-1 IWB Holster??

This is a discussion on XD9 4" with Streamlight TLR-1 IWB Holster?? within the Gear Talk forums, part of the Armory Talk category; Hello All, I've been a long-time browser of this forum, and have found a lot of useful info. I bought an XD-9 Service model back ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » Gear Talk » XD9 4" with Streamlight TLR-1 IWB Holster??

Old 06-04-2011, 10:16 PM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 59283
XD9 4" with Streamlight TLR-1 IWB Holster??

Hello All,
I've been a long-time browser of this forum, and have found a lot of useful info.
I bought an XD-9 Service model back in May last year
Now I recently bought an 18rd mec gar magazine (for ccw, its BARELY larger than the 16rd factory mag I've been carrying around)
I also have meprolight Night Sights on their way
AND I was looking at a tactical light for my XD.
Ive come to like the Streamlight TLR-1

Now, I want to find an IWB holster where I can keep my light attached to the gun, but there are so many different holsters online, I can't quite seem to find what I'm looking for.

I've not yet bought the tactical light, but the tlr-1 is an LED light at a reasonable price.

I figure, I don't really want to keep taking the light on and off, if I can avoid it, so if I can find the IWB holster for my gun that has room for the light, that would be perfect.

This is why my light option is also negotiable, because if they make xd9 holsters that DO accomodate a light, but not the tlr-1, I would also look into buying the light that would work better with the holster.

Suggestions, links would be HUGELY appreciated
Anastrophy is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-04-2011, 10:34 PM   #2
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 33268
Google "raven concealment" you should find it on the "malabar front" pages.

TLR-1 is a good light but the TLR-3 is cheaper and smaller.

My preferance is the TLR-3 because I don't like the light to be longer than the gun. Plus they are only 75.00

Good luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

IWB

OWB
xdmp22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:56 PM   #3
XDTalk Newbie

Your answer was PERFECT wow.
Looks like I'll be getting a tlr-3 and a raven holster. Soon.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:13 PM   #4
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 33268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anastrophy View Post
Glad to help....remember you have to get the IWB clips with the holster....good idea to get the OWB setup as well, just in case....saves money in shipping.

You will be happy with either TLR

IWB

OWB
xdmp22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 11:33 PM   #5
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 44924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anastrophy View Post
Don't count on "soon". I have 5 for different firearms, and the quickest I have ever got one is about 6 weeks.

Don't let that turn you off though, because they are more than worth the wait.
NewBlackDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 02:40 AM   #6
XDTalk Newbie

Alright good to know
Old 06-05-2011, 09:45 AM   #7
XDTalk Member

Member #: 51329
My raven is in finishing now and will be shipped off sometime this next week. I ordered it on jan 16th though so be prepared to wait a while for it. It is worth it however. They told me they are backlogged about 5500 orders right now, so about 18 weeks.

I would suggest you get EVERYTHING that you need at once. This includes mag carriers and any loop options you may want. Once the order is printed you can no longer modify items and you can only add items up to 10 days after the order is placed.

I purchased the XDM-40 4.5in w/ Streamlight TLR1 and extended threaded barrel slot so that I could add later if I wanted to my weapon without having to buy a new holster.
M1A Scout

"The day it comes, it will just come. It can come today or within 50 years. The only right thing is that it will come."
Ayrton Senna
Doc Jekyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 06:25 PM   #8
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 49802
I just got the TLR1 for cheaper than what the TLR3 was
bigtfw2000420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:33 PM   #9
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 36647
Comptac has one for glock. And will have one for our XD with tlr1. Soon. It's s nice looking setup.

HTC EVO FROM TAPATALK
PhxAz XD9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » Gear Talk

holster, iwb, tactical light, xd9

Search tags for this page
4 xd with streamlight holster
holster for springfield xd 9mm with streamlight tlr-4
holster for xd service with tlr 1
iwb holster with streamlight
iwb streamlight
iwb tlr1 holster
mag. and streamlight holster
springfield xd holster tlr 1
streamlight tlr 4 holster
streamlight tlr-1 hl

streamlight tlr-4 holster

tlr 1 light springfield
xd tlr 1 holster
xd tlr3 iwb holster
xd9 with a streamlight m6
xd9 with streamlight tlr-1 hl holster
Click on a term to search for related topics.