• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Where can I find a Serpa holster for a .45 XDM with light?

This is a discussion on Where can I find a Serpa holster for a .45 XDM with light? within the Gear Talk forums, part of the Armory Talk category; I am a Police Officer and I have decided to switch my duty weapon to a .45 cal Sprinfield Armory XDM with a rail-mounted light. ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » Gear Talk » Where can I find a Serpa holster for a .45 XDM with light?

Old 04-07-2011, 02:19 PM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 56586
Question Where can I find a Serpa holster for a .45 XDM with light?

I am a Police Officer and I have decided to switch my duty weapon to a .45 cal Sprinfield Armory XDM with a rail-mounted light. I am interested in purchasing a Basketweave Serpa Holster for my on duty holster that will fit a rail-mounted light. I am also interested in purchasing a tactical Serpa Holster for my S.W.A.T belt that will fit a rail-mounted light. I haven't been able to find anything so far. Any suggestions?
doire3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-07-2011, 08:25 PM   #2
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 30847
Blackhawk is working on them Link -Just Called Blackhawk About XDM Holsters... I just got my XDM40 yesterday and the CQC works but it is slightly lose. Hopefully the new line is close to being released.

~Abba Eban
Gallows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:48 PM   #3
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 49955
I have been waiting for the same thing. And have been looking at all other options. Good luck. Post up when you find something.
XDMnSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 02:06 AM   #4
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 49793
I don't think they will ever make a XD/XDm serpa that will fit a light. If they do, it will only fit 1 or 2 popular weapon light models. A serpa that would fit more types of lights would be bulky, and also impossible with the latching system in the way. One company, Blackhawk I think, makes a composite holster to fit a weapon light, but the light is canted to the side. It makes it more form fitting to the body and so the holster release lever works. But it only works with their brand weapon light.

Some of the blackhawk rigs have rails on them so that you can attach lights or mag holders. It would work okay if you don't mind attaching your light after you draw.

The XD serpa's work for all the calibers, XD and XDm. Will not fit any attachments inside. Do not have rails on the outside of the holsters.
CavScout88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:00 PM   #5
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 57020
It's not a serpa, and it's not basket weave, but have you looked at Blade Tech. I'm thinking about one for my XDm.45 W/TLR1 without retention option.

Holsters w/Tactical Light :: Blade-Tech Industries

Good luck

james
driver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:42 AM   #6
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 58339
Raven Tactical and Personal Security Systems custom make Kydex holsters to your weapon/weapon light specifications. I have an OWB on order from PSS right now.

I'll post a review when it arrives for you guys.
matthew03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 05:58 PM   #7
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 38839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallows View Post
Blackhawk is working on them Link -Just Called Blackhawk About XDM Holsters... I just got my XDM40 yesterday and the CQC works but it is slightly lose. Hopefully the new line is close to being released.
If you are concerned about the loosness of the holster, call blackhawk. They will send you a retaining spring for free. I did the same thing as well as several others.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:02 PM   #8
XDTalk Member

Member #: 54939
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbhardeman View Post
If you are concerned about the loosness of the holster, call blackhawk. They will send you a retaining spring for free. I did the same thing as well as several others.
Where's that spring go in the holster? Didn't know they had a fix, might have to give them a call, thanks for the tip!!

I put a sticky back piece of fuzzy velcro in the area where the bottom of the trigger guard almost touches the holster, has snugged it up just fine, no effect on performance. I've seen other guys put some of the same velcro along the bottom inside of the holster, where the frame in front of the trigger guard slides along.

----------------------------------
The focused mind can penetrate stone.
mtnshikaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 12:34 PM   #9
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 38839
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnshikaku View Post
Where's that spring go in the holster? Didn't know they had a fix, might have to give them a call, thanks for the tip!!

I put a sticky back piece of fuzzy velcro in the area where the bottom of the trigger guard almost touches the holster, has snugged it up just fine, no effect on performance. I've seen other guys put some of the same velcro along the bottom inside of the holster, where the frame in front of the trigger guard slides along.
Not sue. I think its just a bigger level 1 retention "spring". I have used the velcro as well. Just thought that this way, there was no need to mod.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » Gear Talk

.45, holster with light, serpa, xdm

Search tags for this page
blade-tech tac gun light holster xdm
duty holister for springfield .45 5 with tac light
duty holster that will fit a weaponlight
duty holster xdm 40 with light blackhawk
holster for springfield xd 45 with light
holster for xdm with light
i w b hoster for springfield xdm 45
serpa xd flashlight
serpa xd light
springfield armory xdm light holster
springfield xd what holster will fit a light
springfield xdm .45 3.8 lightguard holster
springfield xdm holster with light

xdm 45 holster with light

xdm 45 with flashlight holster
xdm serpa w/flashlight
Click on a term to search for related topics.