• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Tennessee holster company belt vs Amish belt

This is a discussion on Tennessee holster company belt vs Amish belt within the Gear Talk forums, part of the Armory Talk category; New concealed carry(waiting for permit). Doing research to get me a good belt from the start. Have narrowed my choices down to the heavy duty ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » Gear Talk » Tennessee holster company belt vs Amish belt

Old 01-10-2011, 09:20 PM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 50907
Tennessee holster company belt vs Amish belt

New concealed carry(waiting for permit). Doing research to get me a good belt from the start. Have narrowed my choices down to the heavy duty belt(not the gun belt) from the tennessee holster company and and the 1.5 Amish leather belt from hanks clothing. Anyone have either or both and how well do they hold up. I know both are quality belts but neither is a specific " gun belt " so I just wanted to see what everyone whose been doing this for alot longer than me had to say. Any help is appreciated.

http://www.tennesseeholstercompany.com/belts.htm
http://www.hanksclothing.com/amish_belts_brown_buy.html

Sorry if those aren't clickable doing this from my phone so I'm not sure how it will work.
Benelli Super Black Eagle I (I know not a pistol, but it's my baby)
Hig789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-10-2011, 09:32 PM   #2
XDTalk 100 Member

Sorry I forgot to mention I will be carrying a CBST with xdsc9.

Thanks
Old 01-11-2011, 08:51 AM   #3
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 23108
Very nice, but I gotta tell ya, I grew around the Amish (western NY), and they wear suspenders, not belts. They don't even have belt loops.

OH, AND POST 300 YAY!
KenW. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:27 AM   #4
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 45876
I have the Amish belt from hanks clothing. I carry a full size XDm 9mm in a CBST and it works very well. That is my only 'gun' belt so I can't compare it to anything else but the regular ole' belts I wore before getting my CCW permit. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one if needed and I got it for less than $25 shipped. My two cents...
“We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.” – Ronald Reagan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
DHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:59 AM   #5
XDTalk Member

Member #: 50280
belt

not to jack your thread Hig, but why choose a leather belt over a nylon web belt. Is it just better looking with slacks?
I have been looking at 1.5" belts because that's what my holster fits. 1" belts are loose in it. But I wear camo pants usually when I go shooting so I just assumed webbed belts were the way to go.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:41 AM   #6
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 23108
It seems that "operaters" wear nylon belts in case they need to do an emergency rappel or something. I prefer leather; it is just one way to not bring more attention to yourself when carrying concealed, and its more dressy.

My favorite is the 5.11 reinforced leather dress belt. I have one brown and one black. They've lasted YEARS. They have to match the shoes you know.
KenW. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:06 PM   #7
Official Site Vendor

Member #: 14657
Here is a link to another forum about my belts.. Link We sell a lot of them but this is what the guys had to say.. I am known as Captain Itch ...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Gun-Works.com is wholly owned subsidiary of Tennessee Holster Company, LLC
-

-

-

-
(Gun Belts, Money Belts, embossed Belts)
-
Houseboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:09 AM   #8
XDTalk 100 Member

I just don't like nylon belts. Not really into the "tactical" look and would rather have one belt to wear for all occasions.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:24 AM   #9
Official Site Vendor

Member #: 14657
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenW. View Post
Very nice, but I gotta tell ya, I grew around the Amish (western NY), and they wear suspenders, not belts. They don't even have belt loops.

OH, AND POST 300 YAY!
Correct the Amish wear suspenders,The Mennonites do however wear belts..As I buy a lot of my leather from both..I make my belts from skirting leather..this leather holds up very well and is often used in saddle making..On the other forums we are on we sell about 15 belts a week..
Props to Capt. Itch!! - Harley Davidson Forums

Gun-Works.com is wholly owned subsidiary of Tennessee Holster Company, LLC
-

-

-

-
(Gun Belts, Money Belts, embossed Belts)
-
Houseboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:00 AM   #10
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 31825
I have two crossbreed belts and I would recommend them. It's like wearing a backbrace!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » Gear Talk

Search tags for this page

amish belt

amish belts

amish belts leather
amish ccw belt
amish gun belt
amish gun belts
amish holsters
amish leather belt
amish leather belts
amish leather gun belts
amish leather holsters
hanks amish belt
hanks amish belt review
hanks amish ccw belt review
hanks amish gun belt
hanks clothing amish belt review
Click on a term to search for related topics.