• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Gun safes

This is a discussion on Gun safes within the Gear Talk forums, part of the Armory Talk category; I currently have a Champion 22 gun safe. I am packed full after 6 months of owning it. My first pick was Zanotti but he ...

Old 09-19-2010, 07:07 PM   #11
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 48944
I currently have a Champion 22 gun safe. I am packed full after 6 months of owning it.

My first pick was Zanotti but he was backlogged for 12 months ! ! !

Then it was Sturdy. Too pricey.

There are many safes to review. Spend some time. Save and budget.

Gun Safe Buyers' Guide

BTW: I really like Pendleton. That will be my pick when I upgrade.

Pendleton Safes - Valuables Management
Kevin 45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-20-2010, 11:42 AM   #12
GSS
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 49006
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACC XD View Post
What ever size safe you "think" you need at least double it.

I used this logic and now after 5 years literally have no room left no matter how I organize it.

I bought a 21 gun safe.

This is a very common problem! Check out Gun Storage Solutions products to help increase the capacity in your gun safe. Store More Guns | Gun Storage Solutions | Upgrade Your Safe
GSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:52 AM   #13
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 35495
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSS View Post
This is a very common problem! Check out Gun Storage Solutions products to help increase the capacity in your gun safe. Store More Guns | Gun Storage Solutions | Upgrade Your Safe
Your username is GSS And you are suggesting Gun Storage Solutions products. I don't think you can do that...?
Old 09-21-2010, 12:09 PM   #14
GSS
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 49006
You are right. I do have a connection to the business. Just trying to put a plug in for some good ole USA products, but I shouldn't promote it on forums. It won't happen again.
GSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:58 PM   #15
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 35495
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSS View Post
You are right. I do have a connection to the business. Just trying to put a plug in for some good ole USA products, but I shouldn't promote it on forums. It won't happen again.
Maybe you should look into sponsorship so you can plug your products all day long?
Old 09-22-2010, 02:53 AM   #16
XDTalk Member

Member #: 48690
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjHardcore View Post
Any opinions on safes with the biometric/finger printing to open?
I have been wondering about this. How mature is the technology? Do they work first time, everytime?

I was considering something like this myself as my needs are for little storage; Gunvault Biometric Gun Safe w/Fingerprint ID Access $279.00

Thx.
mjb71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:14 AM   #17
azb
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 46958
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb71 View Post
I have been wondering about this. How mature is the technology? Do they work first time, everytime?

I was considering something like this myself as my needs are for little storage; Gunvault Biometric Gun Safe w/Fingerprint ID Access $279.00

Thx.
They are getting to be pretty reliable. That being said, I much prefer a mechanical lock. They are simpler, more reliable, just as secure, (if you don't give out your combination) and generally cheaper.

Some of the cheaper biometric locks made in China are a lot less reliable. Do your research.

But to me, biometric locks are not really needed or particularly beneficial in a household situation. They are far more useful in commercial uses where you have a lot of people requiring access.

For a home safe operated by one or two adults, a mechanical combination lock is a better choice. If you need fast access while you're home, simply put in the whole combination but the last number ahead of time, and you can get in with one movement. Reset the lock while you're away so the whole combination is required. Simple, easy, effective, cheap.

Here's some examples of home safes with the very reliable and secure Simplex locks:

Handgun Safes with Simplex Lock Mechanisms: Secure, Fast & Easy Access

These locks have been around for years and are still in use in commercial and high security installations. The combination is easily changed by the user, and some models allow for several different combinations.

Az
azb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 05:35 PM   #18
XDTalk Member

Member #: 48690
Thanks for the link azb, I'll check it out. I like the idea of presetting a partial combination too.
mjb71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:48 PM   #19
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 49205
I need a bigger gun safe also. Been looking at a couple different models. Currently have a cheap stack on 10 gun cabinet. It works for my long guns, but not very good at storing the handguns. They make a "add on" cabinet for the top that would work, but then I saw cabelas sells basically the same cabinet, with a bunch of shelves in it for handguns, and ammo for only a couple dollars more than the add on cabinet. I still might pickup both.
PHATSPEED7X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:52 PM   #20
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 39431
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHATSPEED7X View Post
I need a bigger gun safe also. Been looking at a couple different models. Currently have a cheap stack on 10 gun cabinet. It works for my long guns, but not very good at storing the handguns. They make a "add on" cabinet for the top that would work, but then I saw cabelas sells basically the same cabinet, with a bunch of shelves in it for handguns, and ammo for only a couple dollars more than the add on cabinet. I still might pickup both.
I know $800 +/- is alot of money but I was in COSTCO today and saw a 32 gun Winchester safe that was HUGE.

It was a great deal, weighed in at 677 lbs.
TACC XD is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » Gear Talk

Search tags for this page
champion model t safe review
customer reviews superior supreme gun safe
gun vaults south florida
how to arrange gun safe

how to organize a gun safe

how to organize gun safe

how to organize gun safe pistols
how to organize your gun safe

organize gun safe

organize your gun safe

organizing a gun safe

organizing gun safe

superior gun safe supreme

superior supreme gun safe

superior supreme safe reviews
ways to organize gun safe
Click on a term to search for related topics.