• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Naked and Afraid

This is a discussion on Naked and Afraid within the Film and Television forums, part of the Off Topic Discussions category; Special Two Hour "Couples" Episode "Manu Toigo was bit by a mosquito back in September, while filming her episode" and contracts Dengue Fever. "Doctors initially ...

Old 12-09-2013, 03:52 PM   #101
Old Timer

Member #: 22547
Special Two Hour "Couples" Episode

"Manu Toigo was bit by a mosquito back in September, while filming her episode" and contracts Dengue Fever.
"Doctors initially told Manu she was anemic, but things only got worse -- and she was forced to go back to the hospital, where they finally diagnosed her with dengue hemorrhagic fever ... the worst form of dengue fever.

FYI, Dengue fever becomes "hemorrhagic" when the virus damages blood vessels to the point they hemmorhage internally. And the worst part -- there's no cure."

"The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions."
- Daniel Webster, statesman and senator (1782-1852)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Enlightened statesmen will not always be at the helm."
- James Madison, Federalist No. 10
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic."
- Unknown

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
NRA Life Member 153120629
jmichna is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-09-2013, 04:17 PM   #102
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 74142
I remember seeing her on some other special where they had to live like cavemen. They were given all kinds of things and she tapped out cause she was cold and wouldn't work with the group.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:28 PM   #103
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 48402
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBubbs View Post
I remember seeing her on some other special where they had to live like cavemen. They were given all kinds of things and she tapped out cause she was cold and wouldn't work with the group.

Weird, i thought her and the guys she was dropped with along with the other guy eventually worked pretty darned well together. The blonde on the other hand they should have sent packing.
dw32005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:53 PM   #104
Old Timer

Quote:
Can't say I ever recall seeing her prior to this last weekend's NAA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dw32005 View Post
Weird, i thought her and the guys she was dropped with along with the other guy eventually worked pretty darned well together. The blonde on the other hand they should have sent packing.
That's my take... Manu carried her own weight, got along with her partner, and together, they got along with the other group's male partner; the blond was definitely lazy and not a "team player."

"The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic."
- Unknown

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Old 12-09-2013, 07:05 PM   #105
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 48402
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmichna View Post

That's my take... Manu carried her own weight, got along with her partner, and together, they got along with the other group's male partner; the blond was definitely lazy and not a "team player."
I think she made a fire with sticks maybe twice in her life, with ideal conditions. Probably learned how to "survive" in her back yard with in walking distance of something that could help her. About the same as me! I like to think i have enough knowledge of my home turf to live for 21 days even. It would not be fun, but i know i can trap, know where there are some flint rocks in the river, and lastly know where all the cat fish holes are to catch them by hand! But if you threw me somewhere out there like her, i would probably fair about as well, with a better attitude! Her major flaw was a lack of work ethic, with 4 people, 3 had a skill set. No reason she couldn't have been collecting wood for the fire, or leaves for the hut. Think she felt all of that was above her though.
dw32005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:37 PM   #106
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 22287
I didn't catch the entire new episode but apparently the gorgeous blonde was lazy and lacked survival skills. But then again I hate mosquitoes and I am a germophobe so even the worst contestant would gave lasted 10 times longer than me.

I don't understand why Manu would want to be so skinny on day one. If I knew I was going into a starvation situation I would try to fatten up some. Being undernourished while being stressed out and over exerting yourself is a setup for a weak immune system. I hope she makes a full recovery...that hospital scene looked very painful.
Wild Rice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 08:39 AM   #107
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 74142
Quote:
I believe she was in Discovery Curiosity Episode 9 I, Caveman. IIRC she tapped out cause she wouldn't go sit by the fire. Could be wrong but I know I've seen her on another show.

Curiosity Season 1 Episodes : Discovery Channel
Old 12-11-2013, 10:53 AM   #108
Old Timer

Good eyes, good memory....

Quote:
I believe she was in Discovery Curiosity Episode 9 I, Caveman. IIRC she tapped out cause she wouldn't go sit by the fire. Could be wrong but I know I've seen her on another show.

Curiosity Season 1 Episodes : Discovery Channel
You are correct. I just found her in the "Meal to Feast On" video, with her name splashed at the 2:00 mark.

Curiosity: A Meal to Feast On : Video : Discovery Channel

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
- Unknown

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Old 12-11-2013, 11:18 AM   #109
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 73007
Quote:
PS: Bring back my sweetheart, Laura Zerra!

Man that Girl has a lot of teeth!
Berreta U22 Neos
S&W M&P-15 (SOLD)
Ruger 10-22 Target
JimmyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:10 PM   #110
Old Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyK View Post
Man that Girl has a lot of teeth!
I know you're close to the PA border and all, but don't the girls in your neck of the woods come with a complete set?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
- Unknown

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Off Topic Discussions » Film and Television

Search tags for this page

laura zerra unblurred

laura zerra uncut

naked and afraid

naked and afraid tv show unblurred pictures

naked and afraid unblurred

naked and afraid unblurred photos

naked and afraid uncensored

naked and afraid uncensored pics
naked and afraid uncut
naked and afraid unedited
nakes and afraid tv show unblurred pictures
nakned and afraid unblurred
Click on a term to search for related topics.