• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Hatfields & McCoys

This is a discussion on Hatfields & McCoys within the Film and Television forums, part of the Off Topic Discussions category; Anybody watch the first 2 parts of this series on history channel. Ive watched both parts twice now and really look forward to the final ...

Old 05-30-2012, 06:09 PM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 67161
Hatfields & McCoys

Anybody watch the first 2 parts of this series on history channel. Ive watched both parts twice now and really look forward to the final tonight.
Its awesome.
Xd45hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-30-2012, 06:20 PM   #2
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 54278
Yeah its been good so far. I wish it was longer than 3 parts. Man Tom Berringer has really gotten fat eh? Kostner is the man though. Be watching part three tomo I have to go to bed early to get up at 230 to go to work.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:27 PM   #3
XDTalk 15K Member

Member #: 54775
I don't know much about it aside from the show, but it sure puts Hatfields in a bad light, I'll tell you what.

after this show any kin to Hatfields better watch their backs around any kin to McCoys.

I am joking about that but... it might be true O.o
Bonehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:05 PM   #4
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 47117
This is why I miss cable...
Old 05-30-2012, 07:35 PM   #5
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 59281
I'm amazed at how the McCoys are getting abused so badly in the first 2 episodes. I'm thinking they might turn it around here tonight, otherwise it really wouldn't be much of a story at all.

Edit: Also, if any of you guys have anything to say about the firearms and such as depicted, speak up, I don't know crap about historic firearms, but I'd love to have some incite.
Rt1Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:40 PM   #6
Old Timer

Member #: 69456
I've been enjoying the show also, if only it were more than 3 episodes!
Old 05-30-2012, 07:43 PM   #7
XDTalk 15K Member

Member #: 3721
Good show, been enjoying it. Shame the major networks can't put out stuff like this, all the do is reality crap now adays.
Quote:
Battlestar Galactica Book Of Pythia
"All of this has happened before, and all of it will happen again."
Quote:
People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome. River Tam Serenity
agalindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:44 PM   #8
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 53320
I'm also looking forward to the final episode. However I'm kinda tired after 2 late nights and getting up early. Oh well. I'm enjoying it so far.

Gun Control has more to do with control than with guns.
sparkysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:58 PM   #9
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 53578
This part of the two states is rough terrain and the people that settled there were just as rough and tough. Devil Anse was a rough looking customer in the pictures that are still available today. Not some body you would want to meet on an old sled trail in the middle of the night.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:04 PM   #10
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 59281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
I don't know much about it aside from the show, but it sure puts Hatfields in a bad light, I'll tell you what.

after this show any kin to Hatfields better watch their backs around any kin to McCoys.

I am joking about that but... it might be true O.o
I don't know about that, I actually thought the opposite. The Hatfields come across as savvy, calculated and resourceful, if not a little ruthless. The McCoys are impulsive and botch at everything. I actually joked on another board that the History Channel was the Pro-Hatfield media.

This is what someone else had to say and I agree:

This whole thing makes me feel so bad for the McCoys. Randall keeps fighting for the cause while Devil detracts and gets rich off of timber. Meanwhile Jim Vance kills his brother. When he finally gives a feeble attempt to retaliate, he's struck down and embarrassed. Then his daughter is knocked up, his sons try to take out Johnse only to have Hatfield talk them out of it and then the tables are turned on them but their father is powerless to do anything about it.

Rinse and repeat. McCoys are butthurt and try to do something, Hatfields get the best of them and now the McCoys are even more butthurt. Thankfully Bad Frank comes in the picture or this thing would only need 2 parts to the mini series.
Rt1Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Off Topic Discussions » Film and Television

Search tags for this page
arizona crook who almost pulled off a huge land grant swindle

bible toting christians, hatfield and mccoys

hatfield and mccoy tombstones

hatfield and mccoy victims
hatfields and mccoys pictures
hatfields and mccoys swindle pig

hatfields and mccoys tom berringer

mccoy lawyer kline

mccoys and kline's
the guy that plays in tombstone and hatfields and mccoy

tom berringer hatfield

tom berringer hatfield and mccoys

what part does tom berringer play in the hatfield and mccoys mini series
who did tomberringer play in
who was girl found dead looked scared in hatfields and macoys movie

why was hatfields and mccoys movie favored hatfields

Click on a term to search for related topics.