• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Sons of Guns fakes it <proof>

This is a discussion on Sons of Guns fakes it <proof> within the Film and Television forums, part of the Off Topic Discussions category; Anyone watch the episode where they built a stupid buttstock for a lady's Desert Eagle? Stephanie took the DE back to the range to shoot ...

Old 10-13-2011, 08:18 PM   #1
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 43899
Sons of Guns fakes it <proof>

Anyone watch the episode where they built a stupid buttstock for a lady's Desert Eagle? Stephanie took the DE back to the range to shoot it. I thought something was fishy with the way they edited the video of Stephanie shooting the DE. Turns out she fired a Beretta 92. They spliced in the video and she acted like she fired the DE.

Now, I know they script a lot of the show for TV. Dialog, I get, but faking shooting guns on a gun show? I'm done. I also would not patronize that shop either. It might be extreme of me, but to me, the willingness to fake crap for TV shows lack of integrity. If they are willing to lie about that, what else are they willing to lie about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
Ocean82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-13-2011, 08:24 PM   #2
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 42545
I have never liked this show. It is all scripted, and the acting is so bad it hurts. In before the "Don't hate a show that caters to gun fans, etc. etc."
Lundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:24 PM   #3
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 60402
the work quality i see on the show looks super sketchy too, i dont get how people buy into their crap and think they do amazing work.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:32 PM   #4
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 63302
Wow that's crap, don't know if I'll watch anymore!
XDguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:35 PM   #5
XDTalk 35K Member

Member #: 15886
I've only watched it once, and I didn't care for it, so this isn't going to change my opinion of the show.
AZXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:39 PM   #6
XDTalk 15K Member

Member #: 54775
evidently she is in a movie with her dad. "bikers vs nazis" and she does not play her dads character daughter but another biker unrelated to her dads character.

I guess they needed her to prove what kind of "attress" she was on the desert eagle thing before they could cast her in this fine piece of cinema.
Bonehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:44 PM   #7
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 63768
Look, you have to understand TV editing. For one, this perticular scene, they did not capture her reaction during shooting...mainly because it would have put THE VIDEOGRAPHER in FRONT of the muzzle of the gun while she pulled the trigger. I would hope that fellow shooting enthusiasts would get how stupid that would be, and if not, I cant help you.

Second,obviously, if they find that they need a shot later that they dont have, they have to do a reshoot, if the customer left with the gun, or its in pieces on a workbench, they have to do creative editing if they dont have that perticular gun in shop.

I dont see a big deal with this. Its entertainment, get over it.

Its like the people complaining about the massive explosions on their outdoor test shots. SO WHAT if they like shooting binary explosives...I do too...its fun, LOTS of fun. Anyone with half a brain knows that a .223 round wont lift the hood off a car with a explosion without some kind of additional theatrical explosion. Its called Binary Explosives, it detonates with a high velocity round. No big deal, I make the stuff all the time.

Second, Red Jacket is and always has been a really good custom gunsmith shop. They do really good work, and while some of their projects, Im not necessarily impressed with....there are others that are. Ive got a lot of respect for Will, even before this whole TV show thing. Will is a top notch stand up guy.
You also have to understand that Red Jacket has been a small time operation for a VERY long time. They need the money this show produces to go big time. Look at American Chopper...it started as a show about a garage based chopper builder, and ended up with two huge companies.
bdavison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:46 PM   #8
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 54620
that film itself looks "spliced" i remember watching that episode wasnt anything close. not that the show has much credibility but I would also question the poster of this video's credibility as well.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau

Soil that is dirty grows the countless things. A river that is too pure contains no fish. Thus as a mature person you properly include and retain a measure of grime.
YoopermikeXDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:47 PM   #9
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 21171
You'll be amazed at how much stuff on tv is fake. I lost all interest in Pawn Stars after hearing someone's personal account of it. TV is for entertainment and real life is for reality.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:51 PM   #10
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 22304
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitbmxseries1 View Post
the work quality i see on the show looks super sketchy too, i dont get how people buy into their crap and think they do amazing work.
I suspect the work we see is the same as the dialog. Scripted and fake. We probably never see the real work they do.
zWarlord is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Off Topic Discussions » Film and Television

Search tags for this page
desert eagle butt stock
how fake is sons of guns
how real is sons of guns
is red jacket fake
is sons of guns fake
is sons of guns real

is sons of guns scripted

sons of guns explosions fake

sons of guns fake

sons of guns fake explosions
sons of guns is fake
sons of guns real or fake
sons of guns review
sons of guns scripted
sons of guns staged
stephanie faked shooting desert eagle
Click on a term to search for related topics.