• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

tulammo brass max

This is a discussion on tulammo brass max within the Factory Loaded Ammunition forums, part of the The Ammo Can category; So my Walmart just started carrying the brass max, I picked up a couple boxes. 19 bucks for 50. I've never had any problems with ...

Old 02-18-2013, 11:44 AM   #1
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 86807
tulammo brass max

So my Walmart just started carrying the brass max, I picked up a couple boxes. 19 bucks for 50. I've never had any problems with the steel tulammo before, but have heard horror stories. Anyone used the brass max yet? I will update today after firing 100 of them.

Make the little things count; teach arithmetic to dwarfs.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Romans 13:4 - For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to [execute] wrath upon him that doeth evil.
azfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-18-2013, 11:49 AM   #2
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 64094
Picked up some steel cased Tula this weekend at the local show. They were asking $14 for a box of 20. I walked out with 200 rounds for $110. Never shot steel cased before, we'll see if the evil AR eats it.
lowbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:39 PM   #3
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 86807
Okay, update! Put 100 rounds through and was very impressed no jams, failure to feeds etc. Very accurate round! Shot right up there with the federals and wwb I use for plinking. And at 20 bucks for 50 this adds another cheap yet effective .45 range ammo.

I do need to say that every gun seems to like different ammo, so this is just my experience with my xdm 3.8, yours could hate it. But I can vouch it is a clean cheap accurate shot. So enjoy.

And hope your AR has no issues, the only thing I've heard, is the steel causing issues. But my guns have never had issues with the steel. Do let me know though.

Make the little things count; teach arithmetic to dwarfs.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Romans 13:4 - For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to [execute] wrath upon him that doeth evil.
azfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:02 AM   #4
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 6152
The only issue of steel cased vs brass cased ammo (only heard of this in rifles) generally results when you fire the steel cased stuff first and follow with the brass. The steel case does not expand as much and so you get more firing residue in the chamber. Then if you follow with brass cased ammo, it expands more and has the potential to hang up on the dirt in the chamber, depending on the hardness of the brass. If you fire the brass first, it's not a problem. In pistols I have personally tested this by firing steel and then brass, but it never did hang up an XD/XDm that I was trying it with, but I would not call that a definitive test of the potential in pistols. Still, I would call it less likely in a pistol than a rifle.

Strangely, a lot of folks who do not believe in evolutionary Darwinism seem to believe in social Darwinism... go figure!
JustSomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:54 AM   #5
XDTalk Member

Member #: 88828
I have 300 rounds of .380 steel tulammo that won't chamber in my cc gun. The rounds that do chamber are hit and miss with misfires.
I wrote Tulammo and they say that they will be refunding my money.

I won't even bother trying their brass. Plus my local range won't let you fire Tulammo.

Springfield XD9
Mossberg 500
Taurus TCP .380

NRA member
Baconator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:28 PM   #6
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 90365
Has anyone else tried the Brass? The wally world by me only had this kind. Hope to get out to the range this weekend.
Nomadrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:13 PM   #7
Old Timer

Member #: 47680
some of our stores quit ordering it because it was receiving multiple complaints but that was several wks ago and I haven't followed up yet.
///MCoupé is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:35 PM   #8
XDTalk Member

Member #: 88903
I just shot 50 of the Brassmax today with my XDM .40 3.8. No issues at all.

I sure as hell didn't pay $19 for it though.
TheKid23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:14 AM   #9
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 16467
I picked up a couple boxes of the Brass Maxx in .45ACP

It certainly looks well made, and since it is made in Itally I have a hunch that it is rebadged Fiocchi and Fiocchi ammo has always treated me well.

Remember Wolf Gold? Yeah? Well that was made by PRVI Partizan and sold as Wolf so it's not unheard of.

Bottom line is, just shoot it.

Fired with Xparent Green Taps

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

DONT TREAD ON ME

Deadcenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:19 AM   #10
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 6414
I haven't seen it, but I'll give it a shot if I do!
chupacabrachus is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » The Ammo Can » Factory Loaded Ammunition

Search tags for this page
brass max

brass max ammo

brass maxx
brass maxx 9mm
brass maxx 9mm review
brass maxx ammo review

brass maxx review

tula brass maxx

tula brass maxx review
tula maxx ammo
tulammo 9mm brass max
tulammo brass max

tulammo brass maxx

tulammo brass maxx 9mm
tulammo brass maxx 9mm review

tulammo brass maxx review

Click on a term to search for related topics.