• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Lasergrip for XDM compact 45

This is a discussion on Lasergrip for XDM compact 45 within the Crimson Trace forums, part of the Forum Sponsors & Commerce category; I have a XDM .45 compact 3.8, and was looking for a Crimson Trace Lasergrip. I don't think any will fit on my gun. I ...

Old 03-01-2012, 06:47 PM   #1
XDTalk Member

Member #: 70249
Question Lasergrip for XDM compact 45

I have a XDM .45 compact 3.8, and was looking for a Crimson Trace Lasergrip. I don't think any will fit on my gun. I was looking at the LG-487, but I think that won't fit on the compact. Is this correct? Is there a model that will fit? Thanks in advance
doctorpong is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-01-2012, 07:51 PM   #2
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 70408
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorpong View Post
I have a XDM .45 compact 3.8, and was looking for a Crimson Trace Lasergrip. I don't think any will fit on my gun. I was looking at the LG-487, but I think that won't fit on the compact. Is this correct? Is there a model that will fit? Thanks in advance
Please double check this BEFORE you place an order, but as I understand it, the Crimson Trace LG-448 fits ALL of the XD(m) models.

Crimson Trace Laserguard LG-448 Springfield Armory XDM XD - FREE SHIPPING ON ALL PRODUCTS!

Thanks,

Duane
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:18 PM   #3
XDTalk Member

Member #: 70249
Thanks, I think this would fit, but I was looking for a grip based laser, and not a rail based
doctorpong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:05 PM   #4
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 73366
Doctorpong - the LG-487 fits the full size. At this time the only option is the LG-448 Laserguard. Visit us at crimsontrace.com
CTCerineaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:15 PM   #5
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 65794
I saw something a while back (late summer ) that Crimson Trace was working on a GREEN LASER They were looking at a battery for the laser that would support the power comsuption of the heavy duty greeen diode..

HOPEFULLY,,,,,,,,when they figure it all out,,,,,, they will offer a GRIP style that fits our 45 3.8 Compact weapons!

IM WAITING for that to happen!

Anybody have any up-date on the "green laser" ????

Thanks

Bill
FIRECONTROLMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:11 PM   #6
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 71126
I need one for my XDm and I saw that you only have a Laser Guard for the XDs also. Lasergrips are the best for holsters and what not.

KD5ZMG
aka Mark C

"The Dalai Lama said acts of violence should be remembered, and then forgiveness should be extended to the perpetrators. But if someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, he said, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. Not at the head, where a fatal wound might result. But at some other body part, such as a leg." -- Dalai Lama The Seattle Times May 15, 2001

Tha's it Lama, make'em suffer, maybe they will learn not to do it again...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
kd5zmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:04 PM   #7
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 80762
I have a laserguard on my XDM. Also a lasergrip on a revolver. I actually like the laserguard since the grips aren't changed and it is easily removable.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:37 PM   #8
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 70408
I must really like Crimson Trace's products.

I have 4 of them in my little "arsenal".

A SA 1911, a SA XDM, a S&W 642, and a Ruger SR22P.

I really do like them, but, I hardly ever use them. Yeah, I do practice with them occasionally, mostly to make sure that they are working properly, and still aligned on target. I may spend about 10% of my range time using the Crimson Trace Laser sights.

Why?

I don't want to become DEPENDENT on them. I feel like, since they are battery powered electronic devices, the most likely time for one of them to fail is when I need it the most.

A good, working, Laser sight IS the optimal thing to have in a SD situation. But I feel that you also need to be proficient with the Iron Sights, just in case.

If the Laser sight is working, you're good. But what if it ISN'T working? You'd be SOL if you didn't know how to use the Iron Sights proficiently.

Duane

XD(m) .45 ACP, 5.25", Bi-Tone

XDS .45 ACP, Bi-Tone

XD(m) 9mm 3.8" Compact Bi-Tone
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:27 PM   #9
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 71126
I completely agree Duane, but if your primary was the Laser, technically you should be better with your secondary which would be the Iron Sights. Jus' sayin'.

KD5ZMG
aka Mark C

"The Dalai Lama said acts of violence should be remembered, and then forgiveness should be extended to the perpetrators. But if someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, he said, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. Not at the head, where a fatal wound might result. But at some other body part, such as a leg." -- Dalai Lama The Seattle Times May 15, 2001

Tha's it Lama, make'em suffer, maybe they will learn not to do it again...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
kd5zmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:52 PM   #10
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 83991
I just ordered the Green Laser Laserguard for my 9mm 3.8 compact. I know the laser will be too long and will stick out a bit too far but at this point I don't really care since it is used for home defense and I do not need a holster for it. That being said I do hope CT comes out with a green laser soon that will fit the 3.8 compacts.
Dallas405 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Forum Sponsors & Commerce » Crimson Trace

laser

Search tags for this page
45 xdm compact grip
crimson trace laser grip for a xdm compact
crimson trace xdm compact
grips springfield xdm 45 compact
laser for xdm 45
laser grip xd compact 3.5 45
laser sight for springfield xdm 45
laser sight for xdm .45 acp
springfield 45 xdm compact lazer
springfield armory xdm 45 compact laser
springfield xdm compact 45 laser sight
springfield xdm sub compact .45 laser

xdm 45 compact laser

xdm compact laser
xdm compact laser grip
xdm laser grip
Click on a term to search for related topics.