• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

I think Im a crock pot addict

This is a discussion on I think Im a crock pot addict within the Cooking & Recipes forums, part of the Off Topic Discussions category; Originally Posted by beardman2 Anyone needs a good spaghetti sauce recipe I can give it to you. I try to make our from scratch. Its ...

Old 12-07-2007, 10:00 PM   #41
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 20876
Quote:
Originally Posted by beardman2 View Post
Anyone needs a good spaghetti sauce recipe I can give it to you. I try to make our from scratch. Its so easy and way better than that canned stuff.
well.... let hear it!!!!
hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-07-2007, 10:05 PM   #42
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 11618
Alright guys, I have to share my mom's chili recipe, which is super easy, and I'll probably get made fun of because it's so easy, but it's what I've grown up on and everyone that tries it thinks it's excellent.

Brown 2lbs of meat, drain grease
Add one bag of Williams original chili seasoning
Add one can of Ranch Style beans,
Add one 15 oz. can of Hunts tomato sauce
Fill half of the empty can of Hunts with water and mix everything together in the crock pot.

Let it sit on low all day and enjoy.

This makes more than enough for my wife and myself.

If anyone tries this recipe, please PM me and let me know what you think!

XD-45 ACP
Makarov 9mm
Mossberg 500 12 ga.

autocad_junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 12:17 PM   #43
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 6060
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman View Post
well.... let hear it!!!!
Quote:
Basic Tomato Sauce
Recipe courtesy Mario Batali
Show: Molto Mario
Episode: Basic Pasta Sauces
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 Spanish onion, 1/4-inch dice
4 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
3 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves, or 1 tablespoon dried
1/2 medium carrot, finely grated
2 (28-ounce) cans peeled whole tomatoes, crushed by hand and juices reserved
Salt
Spaghetti, cooked al dente
Whole basil leaves, for garnish
Grated Parmesan, (optional)

In a 3-quart saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and cook until soft and light golden brown, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add the thyme and carrot, and cook 5 minutes more, until the carrot is quite soft. Add the tomatoes and juice and bring to a boil, stirring often. Lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes until as thick as hot cereal. Season with salt and serve. This sauce holds 1 week in the refrigerator or up to 6 months in the freezer.

When ready to use, the cooked pasta should be added to a saucepan with the appropriate
amount of sauce. Garnish with basil leaves and cheese, if using.
Last time I got one of those #10 cans from costco and froze what we didn't use. I love this stuff. It seems to simple but it tastes fantastic.

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from opposition; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach himself. ~Thomas Paine

I will not be involved with the dreams of angry men.

Founding
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Freedom isn't free:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
beardman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 02:46 PM   #44
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 13497
Just finished making the corned beef (I cut it in 3 pieces and made it friday, saturday, and today) and it was delicious. I basically made exactly what was posted above, except I cut the brisket and cabbage in 3 pieces since I was the only one eating it. I left it in for the full six hours, adding the cabbage on top after 3 and then pushing the cabbage down into the liquid when there was 1 hour remaining. I used a full cup of apple juice each time I made it. I also added water to cover the meat on advice from a friend; I'm not sure what difference, if any, this made. Next up is going to be the chicken, hopefully tomorrow but depends if I have time in between taking and studying for finals.

If you are the only one eating from this its not too expensive. The corned beef was around $15 and the cabbage, juice, and bay leaves were dirt cheap, so it ends up being only $5 for a real good meal.

Member -------
rockerZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 03:25 PM   #45
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 21170
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockerz71 View Post
Just finished making the corned beef (I cut it in 3 pieces and made it friday, saturday, and today) and it was delicious. I basically made exactly what was posted above, except I cut the brisket and cabbage in 3 pieces since I was the only one eating it. I left it in for the full six hours, adding the cabbage on top after 3 and then pushing the cabbage down into the liquid when there was 1 hour remaining. I used a full cup of apple juice each time I made it. I also added water to cover the meat on advice from a friend; I'm not sure what difference, if any, this made. Next up is going to be the chicken, hopefully tomorrow but depends if I have time in between taking and studying for finals.

If you are the only one eating from this its not too expensive. The corned beef was around $15 and the cabbage, juice, and bay leaves were dirt cheap, so it ends up being only $5 for a real good meal.
I'm glad you liked it. Some people say to add an onion. I like it without.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:27 AM   #46
XDTalk 5K Member

Mrs Tec's chicken is in the crock pot right now. There already are a bunch of things on this thread I still need to try but I just found this and it might be the next thing I make:
Quote:
A crockpot Brunswick stew recipe, made with chicken, corn, tomatoes, okra, and seasonings.
INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
  • 1 can tomato paste, (6 oz.)
  • 3 cups chicken, cooked and cubed
  • 1 1/2 cups frozen sliced okra, thawed
  • 1 cup corn kernels, frozen thawed or fresh
  • 1 cup chopped onion
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 dash ground cloves
  • 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
PREPARATION:

In slow cooker, combine tomatoes and tomato paste; stir to blend. Add chicken, frozen succotash or sliced okra, corn, onion, bay leaf, salt, rosemary, pepper and cloves. Stir in chicken broth. Cover; cook on lLOW for 5 to 6 hours. <script>zSB(3,3)</script>
Before serving, remove bay leaf and stir well.
Makes 6 servings.
from http://southernfood.about.com/od/bru...r/bl80111f.htm

I also like to add a ton of texas pete to brunswick stew

Member -------
Old 12-11-2007, 05:41 AM   #47
XDTalk 5K Member

Mrs Tec's chicken gets my stamp of approval as well. I made it yesterday and will be making it again today. Make sure you use the liquid for the potatos, they are awesome

Member -------
Old 12-11-2007, 05:42 AM   #48
tec
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 3850
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockerz71 View Post
Mrs Tec's chicken gets my stamp of approval as well. I made it yesterday and will be making it again today. Make sure you use the liquid for the potatos, they are awesome

You just made her day.

tec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 06:42 AM   #49
XDTalk 5K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayl View Post
1.5 to 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts parboiled and cut up into bite size pieces
1 jar of salsa (Regular size)
1 big jar (64 oz.) of Great Northern Beans
1 block of pepper jack cheese

Boil chicken first then cut up.
Cut up cheese into pieces.
Put all ingredients together in crockpot, and let simmer for several hours, stirring occasionally to be sure all cheese gets melted.

I usually add a can or two of corn too
Hey Kayl, about how big is a "regular" jar of salsa? Also I got a 64oz bag of beans, not a jar. Is that OK, or do I need beans in liquid in a jar? How big of a block of cheese? I bought the biggest that kroger has.
Thanks

Member -------
Old 12-12-2007, 02:24 PM   #50
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 13967
Easy Texas Chili

Take 1 pound of coarse ground sirloin and 1 pound of cubed round steak and brown it in a skillet with 1 diced onion, a couple of cloves of garlic, cilantro, oregano, cumin, salt, coarse ground black pepper, cayenne pepper, diced jalapenos, and diced habeneros and of course chili powder.

Brown meat and when seasoned to you liking throw it in a crock pot with a large can of kidney beans, large can of pinto beans, large can of diced petite tomatoes and cook on low for 10-12 hours. After it is done put it in the fridge and let it sit for at least 12 hours.

I go through spells where I make this alot and get so sick of eating it that I wont touch it for a couple of months! This stuff is so awesome you wont want to eat anything else until it is gone.
  • Bersa Thunder 380
  • Remington 700 .270
  • Various .22's
dmckim is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Off Topic Discussions » Cooking & Recipes

Search tags for this page

crock pot addict

crock pot italian roast beef with giardiniera and good season and jameson

crock pot meatballs grape jelly

crock+pot addict
crockpot beef dr pepper
dr pepper crock pot roast
dr pepper pulled pork crock pot
funny drawing off a pot stirring its own soup

i think im a crock pot addict

italian beef crock pot giardiniera
pork butt giardiniera recipe
pork butt in dr pepper
pork butt stew crock pot
recipes that are quick and taste awsome few ingrients for beef roast in crockpot
Click on a term to search for related topics.