• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

China made Kershaw vs Cold steel? What is better?

This is a discussion on China made Kershaw vs Cold steel? What is better? within the Cold Steel forums, part of the Armory Talk category; I carry a Kershaw "needs work" daily and work construction. I've beat the snot of the thing and it's held up very well...takes a good ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » Cold Steel » China made Kershaw vs Cold steel? What is better?

Old 03-16-2012, 07:42 PM   #31
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 42990
I carry a Kershaw "needs work" daily and work construction. I've beat the snot of the thing and it's held up very well...takes a good edge too...

My "weekend knife" as my wife calls it is a Kershaw blur...I absolutely love it, their open assist is lightning fast on those...
Old 03-18-2012, 08:06 PM   #32
AKC
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 41665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokehouse View Post
I carry a Kershaw "needs work" daily and work construction. I've beat the snot of the thing and it's held up very well...takes a good edge too...

My "weekend knife" as my wife calls it is a Kershaw blur...I absolutely love it, their open assist is lightning fast on those...
My friend had one of those. He loved that knife and someone stole it.

So I gave him my Kershaw Blackout.

When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty.

-Benjamin Franklin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
AKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:25 PM   #33
XDTalk 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKC View Post
My friend had one of those. He loved that knife and someone stole it.

So I gave him my Kershaw Blackout.
That's funny, I had my tanto blur stolen...AND my needs work...

I replaced the blur with a curved blade model...and the needs work with...another needs work...

I hope whomever stole them lacerates themselves with it...
Old 03-19-2012, 10:20 AM   #34
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 43026
if your on a budget I guess either will do but I'd pass on both personally

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

texastony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:53 AM   #35
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 29549
i prefer balogne over hot dogs
Old 04-07-2012, 03:26 PM   #36
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 70670
I think somebody needs a hug
KTXdm9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:18 PM   #37
XDTalk 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texastony View Post
if your on a budget I guess either will do but I'd pass on both personally
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasA View Post
i prefer balogne over hot dogs
Why spend top dollars on a pocket carry knife I'm going to beat the hell out of? Some of you fellas need to lighten up a bit, sometimes a cheap knife is the best tool for the job. I can tell you that every time I've needed to hack through something on the job site, my "bologna" of a knife seems to get the job done every time...
Old 04-08-2012, 07:50 PM   #38
XDTalk 25K Member

Member #: 1698
I have no preference since I don't own any kershaw or cold steel knives. Personally, I'd be curious to know which blade holds an edge better.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."

&

Krackels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:02 PM   #39
XDTalk Member

Member #: 45326
Ok I have and have carried my cold steel recon 1 for a little over a year now and it has done everything from cutting my wife to opening tuna at lunch. I kid I kid. But seriously it never opened tuna. I kid I kid again. Ok for real this time. It has gone through so bad days to put it nicely and keeps trucking on ... I sharpen it once a month. But I also Jimmy locks, open canned food with it, strip wire, open boxes, cut drywall and even eat apples with it with out any sterilization and it hasn't failed or killed me yet nor my wife.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
FNEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:09 PM   #40
XDTalk 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krackels View Post
I have no preference since I don't own any kershaw or cold steel knives. Personally, I'd be curious to know which blade holds an edge better.
You know, I've always wondered what "hold an edge" means...(I seriously mean that).

With my knives it depends on what you're cutting, Fiberglas ceiling tile or drywall dull up a knife pretty quick...other things, not so much. I sharpen my knives when it stands out to me that they need it (as in, "damn, this thing is dull"). How often that happens varies...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » Cold Steel

Search tags for this page
best s30v knife

cold steel vs kershaw

gerber fast vs kershaw blur

gerber vs kershaw

kershaw blackout vs kershaw blur
kershaw china
kershaw china vs usa
kershaw knives china made
kershaw knives made in china

kershaw made in china

kershaw or cold steel

kershaw vs cold steel

kershaw vs gerber

zero tolerance vs cold steel
zero tolerance vs gerber
zt vs cold steel
Click on a term to search for related topics.