• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Any recommendations?

This is a discussion on Any recommendations? within the Cold Steel forums, part of the Armory Talk category; I am looking for a decent knife to carry all the time. Never have done this before. I have never owned a knife more expensive ...

Old 04-25-2011, 11:43 PM   #1
XDTalk Member

Member #: 56665
Any recommendations?

I am looking for a decent knife to carry all the time. Never have done this before. I have never owned a knife more expensive than a $15 buck knife. I want one that can be a tool, like, maybe magnetized on one end with a spot for a rope/string... Any suggestions?

"Those who are critical at heart are just dreamers who forgot to dream." -- Napoleon Hill, (I think so, anyways)
DudemanDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-26-2011, 12:39 AM   #2
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 24934
A coworker of mine had one of these...they seem to be pretty nice knives and might fit the bill of what you're looking for. The lockup was solid, blade was sharp...and it did its job. Plus leatherman is a name you can trust.

Leatherman Expanse Series Knives

Though...you can pry my Gerber 06 Auto from my cold dead hands! (except when I'm in canada when I carry a Delica 4 or a Rat 1)

*edit* im looking at more of the leather knife models...and ya know what these look pretty nice. might just pick one up myself!
plastikxd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:09 AM   #3
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 4352
This is what I carry.

Leatherman multi-tools: Wave

I carried an earlier version of this same multi-tool through a tour in Iraq and it never let me down. Only after 8 years of use did I have a problem. The scissors broke. Since they don't make the exact same version anymore, they replaced it with a new version.

Here's the original version.

http://www.leatherman.com/product/Wave_-_Original_Style
"For those of us who exercised our privilege to serve our country, I can honestly say we did it proudly and shared a common bond of patriotism that those who were unwilling to answer our country's call will never understand or appreciate." - Dennis Foell
gsh341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 04:06 AM   #4
XDTalk Member

Member #: 55456
SOG
USMCMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:47 AM   #5
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 35261
I got a Kershaw Skyline. Good simple knife. Can be found at Wally World for about $35 and razor sharp out of the box.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:22 AM   #6
XDTalk Member

Member #: 4889
Take a look at the Kershaw Blur or Benchmade Griptilian. But are good knives and not overly expensive.
cmparrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:46 AM   #7
XDTalk Member

Member #: 52890
I'm a big fan of SOG and Spyderco
Muffins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:46 PM   #8
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 49858
Iv'e got an old Buck 360. Love it, never had any trouble from it at all. But no longer manufactured, has been replaced with the X-Tract.
Can't go wrong with Leatherman either.

"So...they say you have a monster? A curse upon this land?? I am ripper, tearer, slasher, gouger. I am the teeth in the darkness, the challenge in the night. Mine is strength, and lust and power. I am Beowulf!"- Anglo-Saxon Nowell Codex

μολὼν λαβέ
N.E. Tx.XD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:29 PM   #9
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 55657
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmparrish View Post
Take a look at the Kershaw Blur or Benchmade Griptilian. But are good knives and not overly expensive.
I haven't gotten my Blur yet but I've only heard good things, plus it's only $32 on Amazon.com right now with free shipping.
Amazon.com: Kershaw Ken Onion Black Blur Folding Knife with Speed Safe: Sports & Outdoors Amazon.com: Kershaw Ken Onion Black Blur Folding Knife with Speed Safe: Sports & Outdoors
Mine should be in my mailbox as I type this.
gthrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:48 PM   #10
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 60570
The top three folding knife companies are Kershaw / Spyderco / Benchmade. You'd be great with any knives from those three companies. The recommendations for the Skyline / Blur are great, and they are knives that are hand-assembled in Tualatin, OR and have a great warranty.
The intensity of an itch is inversely proportional to one's ability to reach it. ** The other line always moves faster. ** Good judgment comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgment. ** People who love sausage and respect the law should never watch either one being made. ** There is no job so simple that it cannot be done wrong. ** How long a minute is, depends on which side of the bathroom door you're on. ** Four-wheel-drive just means getting stuck in more inaccessible places.
knivesandguns is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » Cold Steel

carry, knife, magnet, tool

Search tags for this page
best folding knife 2011 under 500

best tactical folding knife

kershaw blur vs skyline

kershaw blur vs. skyline

purchase kershaw blur in sioux falls, sd
sioux falls spyderco
Click on a term to search for related topics.