• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Zero Tolerance Knives, Gibbs uses them

This is a discussion on Zero Tolerance Knives, Gibbs uses them within the Cold Steel forums, part of the Armory Talk category; I saw a knife on NCIS and thought it looked cool based on size, blade style, and assumed toughness. Did some looking around and found ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » Cold Steel » Zero Tolerance Knives, Gibbs uses them

Old 01-17-2010, 11:24 PM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 32951
Zero Tolerance Knives, Gibbs uses them

I saw a knife on NCIS and thought it looked cool based on size, blade style, and assumed toughness. Did some looking around and found them, Zero Tolerance knives. It is owned by the same company that makes Kershaw. Does anyone have experience with this product is it a good knife? I really liked the 0350st.

www.kershawknives.com
Old 01-18-2010, 01:08 AM   #2
XDTalk Member

Member #: 34897
I caught that, too. Neato.
jcshooter80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:14 AM   #3
Old Timer

Member #: 42039
it was difficult to find
KAI USA : ZT Product Details
Old 01-18-2010, 01:20 AM   #4
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 36427
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjdwheat View Post
I saw a knife on NCIS and thought it looked cool based on size, blade style, and assumed toughness. Did some looking around and found them, Zero Tolerance knives. It is owned by the same company that makes Kershaw. Does anyone have experience with this product is it a good knife? I really liked the 0350st.

www.kershawknives.com

I can personally attest to the longevity and overall durability of the Kershaw line. As to this particular sub-brand (or co-brand) i cant comment.

The S30V steel line is always a good one, and the blade style is really easy to get used to (similar to the junkyard dog by kershaw.)

Judging by the blade images i looked up;
IT appears to be a chisel grind, nice sharp and VERY long lasting edge. Not hard to sharpen.
Also the 'para-tanto' (as it is sometimes referred to as) grind of the overall blade will give you a very strong tip, so if used as a thrusting weapon it will be harder to damage or break.

But as Ive always said as a knife nut and Blade salesman, nothing beats holding a knife and getting a feel for it first. Try and find a retailer and try out the grip, every hand is different.

Hope any of this helps.
You can't take the sky from me"
Grave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 02:17 AM   #5
XDTalk Member

Member #: 21118
I own a Zero Tolerance ZT-301. This brand, in my opinion, is one of the best buys out there for production knives. They are owned by KAI, the parent company of Kershaw. Ken Onion, who designed many of Kershaw's grooviest knives like the Chive, Leek, etc. designed the Zero Tolerance line, along with Strider Knives.

S30V steel is awesome and used in many high quality/expensive knives. The titanium frame lock on mine locks up like a bank vault. There is absolutely no play in the knife whatsoever. The assisted opening feature...I love it! It is real slick to open, but still very safe.

The 301, which I have, is a very large knife for a folder. I do EDC it frequently, but it is large for some. That's why they came out with the 350, which is about 30% smaller, I think.

At any rate. The knives are true performers. Excellent materials used, and designed by some of the best knife designers today. I don't think you'll be disappointed. I love mine.

I've attached a pic of the one I have. Ranger green G10 handle in front. Titanium in back. Tiger stripe blade.
Attached Thumbnails
Zero Tolerance Knives, Gibbs uses them-zt301.jpg  
Old 02-05-2011, 09:00 PM   #6
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 53353
Gibbs knives

I too am trying to find out the type of knife that Gibbs gave to Director Vance in the hospital so that Vance could protect himself. Does anyone know what type it was?
aragins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:45 PM   #7
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 40121
I had a kershaw spec bump which appears to be the same knife but with a recurve blade. That was by far my favorite knife of all I've ever owned. Unfortunately it's gone now. I think it was stolen
theg33k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:36 PM   #8
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 24934
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragins View Post
I too am trying to find out the type of knife that Gibbs gave to Director Vance in the hospital so that Vance could protect himself. Does anyone know what type it was?
Its a zero tolerance 0302.
Zero Tolerance 0302 Coyote Brown Folder (Plain) Knife at The Kershaw Store
plastikxd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:46 PM   #9
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 26172
i have a kershaw RAM (awesome knife btw) and the ZT knives are just as good.

the ZT knife made by grant and gavin hawk is really nice, i would buy one if they offered it in a full plain blade.

you really cant go wrong with kershaw and its companies

here is the ZT knife i want if they ever make a plain edge
http://www.kershawknives.com/product...d=496&brand=zt

and this is the kershaw knife i have
http://www.kershawknives.com/product...&brand=kershaw

I haven't stopped believing in god. I just stopped beliving he cares. There might be a god, there might not, but i dont think it matters. Either way were on our own.-Jace Wayland

If you want to polish your barrel click the link below

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
sourpatch45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:47 AM   #10
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 47477
I was just the the eastern sports in outdoor show yesterday in Harrisburg PA and Cold Steel had a booth there and saw that knife. They are really cool and very good quality knives. The show us the pamphlet of the torture test they do on them. They are known for the locking system of knife. They said the typical knives break with 50 lbs on them but they test theirs with over 100 lbs.
gettle70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Armory Talk » Cold Steel

Search tags for this page

gibbs knife

gibbs knife on ncis

ncis gibbs knife

what kind of knife does gibbs carry

what kind of knife does gibbs carry in ncis
what kind of knife does gibbs carry on ncis
what kind of knife does gibbs use on ncis
what knife did gibbs use to kill dearing
what knife does gibbs carry
what knife does gibbs carry on ncis
zero tolerance knives
zt knives
Click on a term to search for related topics.