• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Front Sight Approved Holsters and Supplies

This is a discussion on Front Sight Approved Holsters and Supplies within the The Classroom forums, part of the Use and Training category; Hey Guys and Gals! This is my very first thread as I am a new and excited member on here. So my question is simple. ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Use and Training » The Classroom » Front Sight Approved Holsters and Supplies

Old 08-29-2012, 12:09 PM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 77713
Arrow Front Sight Approved Holsters and Supplies

Hey Guys and Gals!

This is my very first thread as I am a new and excited member on here. So my question is simple. Are any of you familiar with Front Sight and their recommended holsters for training? I've been looking at the Safariland ALS model 6378 and 5.11's Thumb Release holsters. I'm actually torn between the two but my concern is if any of them are approved by Front Sight. I'm attending the Front Sight "Instructor's Development Course" in a few months and they've already given me practice tips but no recommendations for holster's other than "we don't allow Blackhawk's SERPA holsters."

Can someone help me out? Thanks and I strongly look forward to threading more with you all!

Educated Gunner
"Reach for the moon. Even if you miss you'll land among the stars." - Les Brown
Remove Ads
Old 08-29-2012, 04:22 PM   #2
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 67972
They seem to favor BladeTech, but just about any Kydex style OWB holster would be fine. My personal recommendation would be to stay away from any retention holster for the class unless you're VERY familiar with it's operation (it'll slow you down). I've used the Safari ALS there without any problem, but that was before they banned the SERPA. It's a different system, but why take the chance.
wade93274 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:56 PM   #3
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 52430
If Front Sight doesn't accept a ALS holster for their courses I wouldn't want there training. The ALS is perhaps the best combat holster ever conceived and ran buy Travis Haley, Jeff Gonzales, and many others. The banning of SERPA holsters in my opinion is kinda stupid, however I do understand the argument against it.

Also, I would rock a ALS over the 5.11 holster by far, Safariland's ALS is a way higher quality holster.

Hope this helps.
"let us not seek the Republican answer or the democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future." - John F. Kennedy

".45GAP = .45 Gay Automatic Pistol."
- Ocean82
Mr. YACYAS is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Use and Training » The Classroom

front sight, holsters, safariland als

Search tags for this page

best holster for front sight training

correct holster for front site

front sight approved holster

front sight forum

frontsight approved holsters

frontsight bladetech holster

holster for front sight training

is the safariland holster accepted at frontsight

jeff gonzales holster

not approved for use at front sight

safariland holsters /frontsight
travis haley no serpa holsters
Click on a term to search for related topics.