• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

CCW and your work

This is a discussion on CCW and your work within the CCW and Open Carry Talk forums, part of the Use and Training category; Originally Posted by jeepinbanditrider he says there are NO policies on the books about carrying so they would have a hard time trying to stick ...

Old 04-29-2007, 11:09 PM   #11
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 16572
Right, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinbanditrider
he says there are NO policies on the books about carrying so they would have a hard time trying to stick this to him.
Where firearms are concerned, even if there is no specific company policy, carrying at work would most likely get your ass fired. I doubt you'd have much of a leg to stand on, if that happened. Whether it's specifcally stated, or not.

Radio Relay is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-30-2007, 12:23 AM   #12
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 4886
Don't ask. Don't Tell.

And find a way to carry 100% concealed.
What they never know about, they can't object to.

When seconds count, the police are only five minutes away.
------------------------------------
MY PARTIAL TOY LIST
XD-9 5" (Production)
XD-40 5" (Limited10)
SA 1911 Loaded (Limited10/SingleStack)
STI Spartan (Limited10/SingleStack)
Kahr PM9 (CCW) KT P3AT (CCW)

Remington 11-87 (Trap)
Remington 870 Express (HD/Trap)

Misc Rifles for fun and hunting
BBunin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:59 AM   #13
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 3261
I think it better to not mention it. Once you mention it ... more then likely a policy will be written that wont allow you to carry.

At least if something happens and they try to fire you for carrying on the job you can state that thier was no policy in exisitance and therefore either allowing you to keep your job or at the very least you can get unemployment to help you while you hunt for a new job.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:29 AM   #14
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 11636
Sounds like ankle carry might be your best option for carrying while on the job. You might consider a S&W 642 J-Frame in a Galco or Hume ankle holster, or some other variation that would be similar to this one. This is a very good set-up for carrying concealed when other options cannot be considered. At the very least, this option is better than carrying nothing at all.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:26 AM   #15
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 2897
Im not supposed to carry either but I go into some pretty high crime areas at times, either stopping to look at a job or passing through. I carry my wifes Kel-Tec since she works in healthcare and is absolutely banned from carrying. The gun is tiny and very easily concealed. I would rather loose a contract, have my boss scold me or be fired than need a gun and not have it. If its small and very well concealed, then its not going to be an issue. My boss knows im pro gun, knows I have a CCW and probably suspects that I carry but he doesnt ask and I dont tell.
"The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
ichy_trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 07:36 AM   #16
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 16481
My company has no policy against ccw, so I am free to carry w/o fear of losing my job. That is, as long as I keep it on the down low, b/c i fear that some anti-gunner might file a 'unsafe workplace' complaint if they found out.

My only issue is when I have to pick up los niños from school, where ccw is not legal in my state. then i lock it in the car. i'm looking to get one of these for this issue: http://www.center-of-mass.com/
Winchester 1300, 12 ga.
NEF Topper, 20 ga.
Ithaca M-49, 22 Mag.

Wish List
CZ 513
TeamFowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 07:24 PM   #17
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 17248
My company is a small, family owned operation that just happens to have several locations in the North/Central Florida region. Still, its old fashioned in its practices and is by no means a modern run operation.

I have decided that I will in no way mention, ask or even hint at the companies policy on concealed carry, or even having a weapon anywhere near my person or vehicle while on the clock. I feel certain that it would definitely have negative consequenses for me.

There is another reason for this decision, in that there is another of my coworkers that may also be packing while on the job. He is a good guy and I would trust him in a bad situation if he were armed and I needed help. So, I will in no way betray his situation. I have never asked if he carries on the job and he has never said. We talk guns together, he owns many guns, he has fondled my XD 45 (and liked it!) and I also know he just got his CCW. This tells me he might be carrying so I wont chance getting him busted.

If I mentioned it, I am certain that we would soon get a surprise "inspection" of our person and our company vehicles. Probably one while out on a job site when we least expected it.

I will keep quiet about the carry issue and make the decision for myself whether or not to carry at work.

In the meantime, I will be trying out several holster designs and get something I can live with.

I also plan to purchase, and have planned this for a while now, a Kahr Arms 9mm CW-9 or P-9 as a second smaller carry pistol. That may be the better choice for carry at work.
The 2A wasn’t meant to allow public citizens to keep and bear arms. If it had there would have been wording such as 'The right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.' -Ken Konecki

Tally XD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 07:57 PM   #18
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 12715
No company policy, no state law requiring disclosure upon entering a private residence...seems like an easy decision for me. Carry and keep your mouth shut Make sure it is well-concealed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Palmguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 08:26 PM   #19
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 11346
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff221
I'm an I.T. Consultant and run into this daily at work. It's simple, don't ask, don't tell... If someone notices and askes you NOT to carry in there home/work place, then do as your asked. It's that simple.

It's called CONCEALED carry for a reason. Keep it concealed and you don't have a problem.
+1
GaryTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 02:12 AM   #20
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 4791
I'd have to go along with the carry and don't say anything about it comments.

You mentioned your shirt has to be tucked in. There are many tuckable holsters out there that will allow you you carry in that manner. I have worn a nice button down shirt with my Crossbreed Supertuck and my XDSC9 on and no one has noticed it or made mention of the clips visible on the belt. Since you mentioned you have a workbelt on, the clips won't even be visible.

Also, as mentioned, an ankle holster is an option, tho not one I care to use. One reason; not as easy to get to as fast as one on the waist I believe, tho some may argue otherwise.

Another thing no one has mentioned. Would you rather be fired if caught or carried by six because you didn't and needed to.
retired is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Use and Training » CCW and Open Carry Talk

Search tags for this page
ccw agaisnt company policy

ccw at work

ccw work in homes
should i ccw at work

should i ccw at work even if it is against company policy

Click on a term to search for related topics.