• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Asked to leave Lowes tonight

This is a discussion on Asked to leave Lowes tonight within the CCW and Open Carry Talk forums, part of the Use and Training category; fwiw, I won't shop Home Depot for a host of other reasons. I would say the manager is confused about corporate policy for employees and ...

Closed Thread
Old 12-04-2006, 07:36 PM   #21
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 4469
fwiw, I won't shop Home Depot for a host of other reasons. I would say the manager is confused about corporate policy for employees and is applying it to customers. Now the store manager does have it within their power to make things more restrictive in their own store, but you are right, it should be posted, especially if the law states such.

The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also. I would not interfere with any one's religion, either to strengthen it or to weaken it. I am not able to believe one's religion can affect his hereafter one way or the other, no matter what that religion may be. But it may easily be a great comfort to him in this life--hence it is a valuable possession to him.
- Mark Twain
Remove Ads
Old 12-04-2006, 07:37 PM   #22
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 7914
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickb
I'll not side with Lowe's or any other store with such a policy, but.....

When I got my Utah permit, it was made clear to me that exposing my weapon, accidentally or otherwise could be grounds for losing said permit. Maybe you got lucky? Or maybe the law is different in your state?

Besides, concealed is concealed right? If no sign was posted it seems to me you are within your rights to carry...concealed that is. This particular manager right or wrong was reacting to an unconcealed weapon.
not all states have a conceal only law
in MN you can open carry
-Albert Einstein
Springfield XD-9 TOTAL COUNT 10063 Daily Carry
Springfield TRP
Walther P22... needs bigger mag
Bushmaster M4A3
Remington 870 Super Mag

Old 12-04-2006, 07:43 PM   #23
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 6890
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickb
I'll not side with Lowe's or any other store with such a policy, but.....

When I got my Utah permit, it was made clear to me that exposing my weapon, accidentally or otherwise could be grounds for losing said permit. Maybe you got lucky? Or maybe the law is different in your state?

Besides, concealed is concealed right? If no sign was posted it seems to me you are within your rights to carry...concealed that is. This particular manager right or wrong was reacting to an unconcealed weapon.
Thats somewhat true, but unless a cop is present right there on the scene, you most likely won't get in trouble. Just say sorry and that you have a legal permit to carry and leave the scene right then and there. Even if a cop is on the scene, they are pretty understanding, as long as you don't act stupid you'll be fine. Remember that off duty cops carry guns too, although the circumstances are a bit different, they still put up with questioning from managers and bull**** from others too just like the rest of us.

Last edited by nightraider; 12-04-2006 at 07:45 PM.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:43 PM   #24
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 7959
The lowes in my area do not have near the amount of stuff(crap) that i need or want. The employees seem to be brain dead and are of no help so i try to avoid having to go to Lowes as much as possible.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Old 12-04-2006, 07:49 PM   #25
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 13516
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightraider
Dude shut up. Some of us don't like carrying small ass guns because of several downfactors, including poor caliber choices, poor accuracy, to much recoil, low magazine capacity and so on.

Sometimes guns are going to print or even get shown because of certain movement. There is no reason to ditch a quality firearm thats better for defensive purposes for something like a Keltec just because you afraid some person is going to get upset that they saw your gun.

Being that this place of business didn't post any signs he wasn't breaking the law. I go all the time to places with "corporate" policies against firearms and carry. The worse they can do to me is ask me to leave, which I will. Now if there was a state posted sign legally forbidding it, its a different story. I'd still go in, but I'd be more careful.

RELAX RELAX..............Damn Dre Dont Start Shootin Up The Place.

Call the G unit off man it was a joke.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:56 PM   #26
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 5936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School
I would write a letter to corporate, copying the store,stating that you expect an apology from both corporate and the local store. As a company that sell gun safes, that does not have a sign posted nor a policy on their website, I have a feeling the guy who you spoke with lied to you.

I am OK with companies that are anti-gun, that is their right. I am not OK with companies that talk out of both sides of their mouth.

OS
+1 I suspect OS is right. You had folks there that weren't familiar with firearms and they panicked seeing you with one, and just wanted you. Please keep us posted on your next actions and their response. An email is fine. But a signed letter to their corporate customer service is better.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:58 PM   #27
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 13267
Lowes Blows!
Old 12-04-2006, 08:24 PM   #28
XDTalk Member

Member #: 10045
I'm interested in the location of the Lowes, too - city and state? I'm sure I'm not the only one who will be interested in the Corporate response. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:26 PM   #29
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 13436
I would have pressed it! I would have told him that I didnt feel that I was being treated fairly, to involve to police and to prove(VIA video) that anyone actually saw my gun! You are only in violation of CC if someone sees it and feels that it is a imediate danger to THEIR person!
Old 12-04-2006, 08:36 PM   #30
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 10515
I don't know what state or city this happened. But in Florida, that would be enough for the Police to be called. Brandishing and concealed weapon is a crime.

You did the right thing by leaving, and if you are in Florida, then consider yourself LUCKY!!! It could have cost you your "Priviledge" to carry concealed plus a some serious cash.

It's never happend to me, but some time ago at a Barnes and Noble, I saw an individual, with his shirt caught on the handle of his revolver, after he bent down to pick up a photography book. I saw the employee look and walk fast to the front of the store.

i just approached him and Opend the conversation with a quick refernce on the book and telling him Im a "Photog"..after a few seconds I ask if I can tell him something personal...He responded "yes" and I told him his weapon was showing, and that I thought the employee was "freaking out". He apologized and left the store with his wife...

30 minutes later he returned and came over to our table where he pass along a note with a gift...for my kids, he again apologized, and we start a good conversation...to this day he still goes to the same book store...

NRA Member
IDPA Member--Wilson Combat CQB (CDP)
USPSA Member--New XD 9 Tac & G34 (Production ) IPSC Open Major--STI Trubor Grandmaster
CCW's: -- XD-45 ACP 4" with Truglo TFO's & M6 Laser/Light --Kimber Tactical Pro II, ...Many More
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Use and Training » CCW and Open Carry Talk

Search tags for this page
can you carry a gun in lowes
does lowes allow concealed carry
does lowes allow guns
lowe's employee dating policy
lowe's employee forum
lowe's policy on dating
lowes ccw
lowes concealed carry policy

lowes dating policy

lowes employee dating policy

lowes employee forum

lowes employee forums
lowes firearm policy

lowes forum

lowes forums

lowes gun policy

Click on a term to search for related topics.