• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Asked to leave Lowes tonight

This is a discussion on Asked to leave Lowes tonight within the CCW and Open Carry Talk forums, part of the Use and Training category; You should've immediately bent over holding your back and told them if they were doing their job, you wouldn't have had to lift drywall and ...

Closed Thread
Old 12-04-2006, 07:02 PM   #11
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 13515
You should've immediately bent over holding your back and told them if they were doing their job, you wouldn't have had to lift drywall and expose weapon.

Screw them.
Remove Ads
Old 12-04-2006, 07:04 PM   #12
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 13674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwater
You should've immediately bent over holding your back and told them if they were doing their job, you wouldn't have had to lift drywall and expose weapon.

Screw them.
With a drywall screw......from Home Depot!
Old 12-04-2006, 07:04 PM   #13
Official Site Vendor

Member #: 2714
I would write a letter to corporate, copying the store,stating that you expect an apology from both corporate and the local store. As a company that sell gun safes, that does not have a sign posted nor a policy on their website, I have a feeling the guy who you spoke with lied to you.

I am OK with companies that are anti-gun, that is their right. I am not OK with companies that talk out of both sides of their mouth.

OS
Old 12-04-2006, 07:05 PM   #14
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 7628
Their loss and ignorance.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:11 PM   #15
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 7914
LOWES sucks go to home depot
although as an employee we cant even have guns in our car
-Albert Einstein
Springfield XD-9 TOTAL COUNT 10063 Daily Carry
Springfield TRP
Walther P22... needs bigger mag
Bushmaster M4A3
Remington 870 Super Mag

Old 12-04-2006, 07:13 PM   #16
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 11705
I'll not side with Lowe's or any other store with such a policy, but.....

When I got my Utah permit, it was made clear to me that exposing my weapon, accidentally or otherwise could be grounds for losing said permit. Maybe you got lucky? Or maybe the law is different in your state?

Besides, concealed is concealed right? If no sign was posted it seems to me you are within your rights to carry...concealed that is. This particular manager right or wrong was reacting to an unconcealed weapon.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:25 PM   #17
XDTalk Member

Member #: 13496
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimfire
However that does not apply to you and unless your state has some specific posting statutes signs do not legally matter either. I will carried concealed whether posted or not because I can in MI.

That being said, you were asked to leave so you legally were required to do so.
You're right, but in Michigan if you ignore a request to leave you can be charged with trespassing. If they really want to push the issue they can claim you were brandishing...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Old 12-04-2006, 07:28 PM   #18
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 13055
Need to let us know if you here from their corp. office. If that is the case I guess I will be going to Home Depot from now on..That sucks, because I hate The Depot.
Bottom line need to keep it concealed all the time.

Kimber Custom II TLE 1911
every ones needs a Kimber too!!!!
Old 12-04-2006, 07:33 PM   #19
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 11877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine29
If they really want to push the issue they can claim you were brandishing...
An iobviously accidental exposure of the weapon, not even in the hand, is not brandishing.

bran·dish (brndsh)
tr.v. bran·dished, bran·dish·ing, bran·dish·es 1. To wave or flourish (a weapon, for example) menacingly.
2. To display ostentatiously. See Synonyms at flourish.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:34 PM   #20
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 6890
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpstick
#2 Get a Kel-Tec P3AT put it in your pocket and stop flashing your peice, this aint south central and you aint Dr Dre
Dude shut up. Some of us don't like carrying small ass guns because of several downfactors, including poor caliber choices, poor accuracy, to much recoil, low magazine capacity and so on.

Sometimes guns are going to print or even get shown because of certain movement. There is no reason to ditch a quality firearm thats better for defensive purposes for something like a Keltec just because you afraid some person is going to get upset that they saw your gun.

Being that this place of business didn't post any signs he wasn't breaking the law. I go all the time to places with "corporate" policies against firearms and carry. The worse they can do to me is ask me to leave, which I will. Now if there was a state posted sign legally forbidding it, its a different story. I'd still go in, but I'd be more careful.

Last edited by nightraider; 12-04-2006 at 07:38 PM.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Use and Training » CCW and Open Carry Talk

Search tags for this page
can you carry a gun in lowes
does lowes allow guns
lowe's employee forum
lowe's policy on dating
lowes ccw
lowes concealed carry policy

lowes dating policy

lowes employee dating policy

lowes employee forum

lowes employee forums
lowes firearm policy

lowes forum

lowes forums

lowes gun policy

lowes policy on dating

Click on a term to search for related topics.