• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Concealed carry. Chambered or not chambered?

This is a discussion on Concealed carry. Chambered or not chambered? within the CCW and Open Carry Talk forums, part of the Use and Training category; Originally Posted by harleydavidson1200 Chambered. Unloaded guns like a condom with a hole in it not much use.j Nice first post. Depends on your intentions ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Use and Training » CCW and Open Carry Talk » Concealed carry. Chambered or not chambered?

Old 11-18-2012, 12:43 AM   #101
Old Timer

Member #: 20418
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleydavidson1200 View Post
Chambered. Unloaded guns like a condom with a hole in it not much use.j
Nice first post.

Depends on your intentions with said condom..

"Scheiße nicht gegeben"......Deer Slayer
1lowlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 11-18-2012, 06:37 AM   #102
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 71939
Quote:
Originally Posted by trajectorism View Post
Chambered. You should treat your guns like they are loaded anyways.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
Best - first - post - EVER
Old 11-18-2012, 08:55 AM   #103
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 72084
Always chambered, and depending on what I am carrying, it's cocked and locked

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
howler86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:30 AM   #104
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 82080
My wife carries her gun.chambered too. Its bettee if the situation arises in which you need lethal force to defend yourself your family or your property
harleydavidson1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:19 AM   #105
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 78374
Chambered or not? Really? What carry? Might as well put a round I your shirt pocket Barney and hope the assailant doesn't have his chambered. That split second is life or death. If your scared of shooting yourself or that your kids may get to it get a gun with a thumb safety and train to use it.

This is my opinion, first time owners should not carry a Glock or any other stricter fired that depend on just a drop trigger safety. Everyone wants a Glock, the hype will get you killed. Don't be stupid and get a Glock before you know what your doing you can always trade for one later.

ATTN: All Glock Fanboys reading this! I own Glocks and enjoy them, this is not an attempt to bash. It is a simple educational post to prevent ND's. but not only Glock, Walters, SA, S&W and all other non external safety handguns!
lamerem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:20 AM   #106
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 78374
Damn iPhone spellcheck making me stupid, lol!
lamerem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:31 AM   #107
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 27123
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamerem View Post
Chambered or not? Really? What carry? Might as well put a round I your shirt pocket Barney and hope the assailant doesn't have his chambered. That split second is life or death. If your scared of shooting yourself or that your kids may get to it get a gun with a thumb safety and train to use it.

This is my opinion, first time owners should not carry a Glock or any other stricter fired that depend on just a drop trigger safety. Everyone wants a Glock, the hype will get you killed. Don't be stupid and get a Glock before you know what your doing you can always trade for one later.

ATTN: All Glock Fanboys reading this! I own Glocks and enjoy them, this is not an attempt to bash. It is a simple educational post to prevent ND's. but not only Glock, Walters, SA, S&W and all other non external safety handguns!
Allow me to point out the flaw in your thinking here:

Let's say someone takes your advice and starts with a pistol, oh, say a Beretta 92, with DA first pull, a and a decocker/safety. They get used to all of these safety features. They get used to relying on them.

Then they buy a Glock, which has none of them...but, because they are used to the Beretta, they need to unlearn everything they knew, and start all over again...and in the process of relearning, is a greater candidate for an accident.

On the flip side, if you start with a pistol like a Glock, and you treat every other future pistol in the same manner (if the trigger gets pressed, it's gonna go bang)...you are waaaay ahead of the game.

Think about it.

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding it's way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge".--Isaac Asimov
Cuda66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:38 AM   #108
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 72861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda66 View Post
Allow me to point out the flaw in your thinking here:

Let's say someone takes your advice and starts with a pistol, oh, say a Beretta 92, with DA first pull, a and a decocker/safety. They get used to all of these safety features. They get used to relying on them.

Then they buy a Glock, which has none of them...but, because they are used to the Beretta, they need to unlearn everything they knew, and start all over again...and in the process of relearning, is a greater candidate for an accident.

On the flip side, if you start with a pistol like a Glock, and you treat every other future pistol in the same manner (if the trigger gets pressed, it's gonna go bang)...you are waaaay ahead of the game.

Think about it.
I sort of agree with you, however, as has been stated by multiple posters, you should spend a few days with your weapon unloaded so you can get a feel for it. If you have a round in the chamber, and you don't know the weapon inside and out, you're wrong.

Even in the Chair Force, we learned how our M-16's worked and how to field strip them weeks before we even got to the range.
Noble .22 pump short long LR
Fileobrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:07 AM   #109
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 27123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fileobrother View Post
I sort of agree with you, however, as has been stated by multiple posters, you should spend a few days with your weapon unloaded so you can get a feel for it. If you have a round in the chamber, and you don't know the weapon inside and out, you're wrong.

Even in the Chair Force, we learned how our M-16's worked and how to field strip them weeks before we even got to the range.
Carrying it around your home, where risk of actually needing it is low? Great idea.

Carrying it out in public where the chances just went up exponentially? Bad idea.

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding it's way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge".--Isaac Asimov
Cuda66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:30 PM   #110
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 15720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fileobrother View Post
You know, I've been thinking about it, and it doesn't make sense to carry in a holster. Open carry, at least it's right at your fingertips, but IWB is much harder to get to. The BG might shoot you while you're fumbling with your belt buckle. So I've decided to carry at low ready.
I like it,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian View Post
And you need to see this:

unloaded start - YouTube
there are better ones out there I've put up in other threads,

its offensive in nauture, you need room to do it. What if its hands on and you have one hand. Even if you atei cocking serrations thats more time you have to one handed mantain control of your gun. Fighting for it your not going to be able to rack it. 2 OCers walking together yes that would work quite well.

However it misses the most important issue the most likely time for a gun to jam is when loading it. Even if it jams after the first round 99.99% of the time thats going to be enough to have you survive. I must have that first round work.
yocan is online now   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Use and Training » CCW and Open Carry Talk

Search tags for this page
bullet in the chamber nc
cc chambered or not
ccw carry chambered or not
ccw carry not chambered
ccw chambered or not
ccw chambered or unchambered
chambered
conceal carry
conceal carry and chambered or not
conceal carry chambered or not
conceal carry unchambered
concealed carry chambered not

concealed carry chambered or not

concealed chambered
should you carry a handgun chambered
when will the xds be chambered in the .40
Click on a term to search for related topics.