• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Keltec RFB Range Report

This is a discussion on Keltec RFB Range Report within the Bullpup Talk forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; Range report, got to put about 10 through it tonight after work just before dark. Sighting in at 50 yards. It's almost impossible to shoot ...

Old 12-28-2010, 07:11 PM   #1
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 31141
Keltec RFB Range Report

Range report, got to put about 10 through it tonight after work just before dark. Sighting in at 50 yards. It's almost impossible to shoot off of a bag for me right now, but I'll figure it out. Couldn't figure out how to get it in the lead sled either so I am the weak link in the accuracy.
Primary arms 1-4x24 illuminated scope started out 5 inches low and 3 inches right.

On one 3 shot adjustment I actually got 3 touching, although 2" high and 1" left.

My last one of the night was in the center of the target, it was getting cold and dark so I quit. I think I'm going to love this pup. I noticed no recoil although I know there is some. Like the other 2 bullpups I own, the brass is right there by where I'm shooting.

I'll have to sight in again because I'm going to have to get another scope mount. I have too much eye relief for Marshall's primary arms scope and the mount I bought doesn't look like I can get any less. I had to turn the mount around so my knuckles won't get chewed up when I work the charging handle and it just doesn't work backwards.

I'm positive that this unit will be more accurate than I can be. I think I can shoot it without a rest more accurate than I can my DPMS LR308. Off of a bag I couldn't, the dpms would be more accurate.
No failures of any kind but it was only 10 rounds and only 3 in a row without laying the rifle down to check the target.

All in all I thought it was excellent considering I'm learning both the new rifle and how the new scope works at the same time. I like the ergonomics of both the fs2000 and the ps90 better than the RFB, but let's face it neither one of them is a .308 so the RFB is and I guess has to be quite different (It seems much heavier). No doubt the weight of it helped with the nonexistent recoil.

I could have shot it longer but as I was setting up I remembered I hadn't run anything through the barrel. I'd taken it apart before but for some reason I hadn't checked the barrel. I always like to run a snake through the barrel of anything before I shoot it for the first time. I'd recommend that to everyone.

All in all I'm happy with my purchase so far.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

"God and guns
Keep us strong.
That's what this country
Was founded on.
Well, we might as well give up and run
If we let them take our God and guns."
ryr8828 is online now   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-01-2011, 12:16 AM   #2
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 39825
Nice, I just posted a feedback thread on this rifle and then noticed you had done so. I am really interested in owning one of these rifles. I was never a huge bullpup fan until I saw vids of it from the 2011 SHOT show. Now I must have it. So obviously you are enjoying then? You got any pictures? And if I do purchase it, would you recommend an EOTech or something with some reach. I dont want an all out "scope scope" though, I think it would look funny with a sniper/hunting scope on there.

"Ελεύθερον το Εύψυχον"

"I firmly believe that four of the most disappointing words you can read on the internet as a firearms enthusiast are, TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK" -Me
XDMulisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 05:31 AM   #3
XDTalk 3K Member

Here's a picture of it with my fs2000 and ps90.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

"God and guns
Keep us strong.
That's what this country
Was founded on.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:34 PM   #4
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 12426
I saw your pics on KTOG...I left that forum...I couldn't deal with the people there...anyway, nice picture of the FS2000 along with the PS90.

I only have the PS90 and RFB. I still have not shot my RFB yet. Is your PEPR mount working well for you on backwards? I'm sure it will...to me it looks really goofy. I have my PEPR mounted forward. I figured if the charging handle gets in my way, I'll just put the charging handle on the RS.

I ended up with the Leatherwood CMR optic since it was already calibrated for 168gr .308, which is what I am loading for my RFB. I thought about the DMS or the Tac 30, but neither of those optics were had BDC for 308.

ETA...pics

aubie515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 04:43 AM   #5
XDTalk 3K Member

I had to turn the mount back around the way it's made to go. I couldn't get enough eye relief.
Now I just have to watch it so I don't rip my knuckles open on the mount nuts when I use the charging handle. Giving thought to moving the charging handle to the right side so I don't have to worry about it.

"God and guns
Keep us strong.
That's what this country
Was founded on.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » Bullpup Talk

Search tags for this page
kel tec rfb

kel tec rfb accuracy

kel tec rfb accuracy review

kel tec rfb review

kel tec rfb reviews
kel-tec rfb
kel-tec rfb accuracy

kel-tec rfb review

keltec rfb accuracy

keltec rfb review

rfb accuracy
rfb review
Click on a term to search for related topics.