• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Remington 700 CDL v. CDL DM v. CDL SF

This is a discussion on Remington 700 CDL v. CDL DM v. CDL SF within the Bolt Guns/Precision Rifles forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; I am going to pickup a .270 but I'm having a hell of a time deciding which one I want! I'm pretty sure I've narrowed ...

Old 10-16-2012, 08:00 PM   #1
XDTalk Member

Member #: 33888
Remington 700 CDL v. CDL DM v. CDL SF

I am going to pickup a .270 but I'm having a hell of a time deciding which one I want!

I'm pretty sure I've narrowed it down to the three listed in the title of the post, the plain 'ol CDL, the Detachable Mag CDL or the Stainless fluted CDL. The price variance between the three is a touch outside $100 at Buds so that's not really a determining factor. When I'm spending $7-800 on a gun a little more or a little less really isn't a concern.

Does anyone have any input on the pros or cons for any of them?

The DM is more of a consideration if I choose not to go with the stainless. If I am overwhelmingly drawn towards the stainless the mag is pretty irrelevant as they don't offer a stainless DM.

Pretty hard to choose between 'em.

On a somewhat different note... WalMart has the 270 BDL advertised for $750... which is the same price as the CDL @ Bud's. Does Bud's just ahve that much better pricing to have the CDL for what WalMart's carrying the BDL for?

Thanks for any input! I'm looking to buy sometime before next month is over so I still have plenty of time to roll it around.
Justin89t is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-16-2012, 08:11 PM   #2
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 28164
Detachable mags are really good for matches where you might have a string of 7-8 shots. The internal mag gives you 4-5 rounds and puts you at a disadvantage if you have to reload. I also have fat fingers so occasionally I would have a round get stuck when loading quickly.

If your rifle will be used primarily for hunting then you will rarely need more than a few rounds so the internal mag is fine, trims off a little weight, and eliminates the mag getting caught on brush as you move through the brush.

Kinda depends on what you want to do with he rifle.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:52 AM   #3
XDTalk Member

Member #: 71577
As a owner of a ADL their is nothing more that I want than a detachable mag. They make a 5 round mag that runs darn close to flush and won't cause too much heart ache through the shrub.
Mr7.50headsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:34 PM   #4
XDTalk Member

Member #: 33888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Rod View Post
Detachable mags are really good for matches where you might have a string of 7-8 shots. The internal mag gives you 4-5 rounds and puts you at a disadvantage if you have to reload. I also have fat fingers so occasionally I would have a round get stuck when loading quickly.

If your rifle will be used primarily for hunting then you will rarely need more than a few rounds so the internal mag is fine, trims off a little weight, and eliminates the mag getting caught on brush as you move through the brush.

Kinda depends on what you want to do with he rifle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr7.50headsup View Post
As a owner of a ADL their is nothing more that I want than a detachable mag. They make a 5 round mag that runs darn close to flush and won't cause too much heart ache through the shrub.
The more I think about it the more I'm leaning away from the removable mag. I am strongly considering an aftermarket one on my SPS Tac .308 but this will be strictly a hunting rifle, I think the 4+1 will be totally adequate for the rifle's job.

I'm mainly debating between the stainless or blued hardware now. I've read the flutes are pretty cheaply done, more for aesthetics than anything.

Decisions decisions.
Justin89t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:58 PM   #5
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 34520
I'd do the SF
Groo is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » Bolt Guns/Precision Rifles

Search tags for this page
700 cdl accuracy

remington 700 cdl

remington 700 cdl 270 accuracy
remington 700 cdl 270 review
remington 700 cdl accuracy

remington 700 cdl dm

remington 700 cdl dm 270

remington 700 cdl dm review

remington 700 cdl sf
remington 700 cdl sf accuracy
remington 700 cdl ssf review
remington 700 cdl vs cdl sf
remington cdl accuracy
remington cdl vs cdl dm vs sf
remington model 700 cdl review
used remington cdl dm
Click on a term to search for related topics.