• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Savage Model 10 FXP what do you guys think?

This is a discussion on Savage Model 10 FXP what do you guys think? within the Bolt Guns/Precision Rifles forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; Looking for opinions guys. I have a XD-40 4" sitting around that I only paid 300.00 for and haven't used it much as its one ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » Bolt Guns/Precision Rifles » Savage Model 10 FXP what do you guys think?

Old 05-12-2012, 08:00 PM   #1
XDTalk Member

Member #: 69327
Savage Model 10 FXP what do you guys think?

Looking for opinions guys. I have a XD-40 4" sitting around that I only paid 300.00 for and haven't used it much as its one of 8 handguns and 4 .40 S&W's that I own. I have a friend of mine with a 1 year old BNIB Savage Model 10 FXP .308 that has never been fired with a Bushnell scope and accu-trigger. Would that be a good trade? I want to make it into a long range 500+ yard rifle on an economy budget. Also possibly a hog hunting rifle. What do you guys think?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

tmilburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-12-2012, 08:58 PM   #2
XDTalk Supporter

Member #: 40869
I have the step down rifle from that one (no accu-trigger) and love it. I've gon a little crazy working on it, new trigger, stock, and scope, but that's because I like to tinker. Out of the box, it was able to shoot sub MOA groups if I did my part. If you are not going to miss the XD, the Savage is a great rifle to begin with, and has even more potential with the mods you can do to it. there are better calibers for long range than .308, but that's the caliber I use and love it
Old 05-12-2012, 09:13 PM   #3
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 61429
Got one about 2 months back. Dialed in nicely with off the shelf Federal rounds, then switched to some German surp stuff and it absolutely rebelled. I'm new to the bolt action genre, but I already know it can out shoot me.

I'd make that trade in a second.
DixieXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:22 PM   #4
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 18902
I looked for the 10 FXP on the Savage web site but couldn't find it. I would guess the bundled packages come and go on the site.

That being said, the model 10 family makes for a nice line of rifles. I have a 10 FCP HS-Precision and really enjoy it. Have been more than satisfied with it.

Since you have $300 out of pocket into the handgun, trading it for the rifle is a pretty good deal. The scope may or may not be what you want for the long term but it will get you started. I say do it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

arizona98tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:31 PM   #5
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 61429
^Try Wallyworld.

Budget bolt action. I think I got what I paid for.
DixieXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:56 AM   #6
XDTalk Member

I think I'm gonna go for it I have a bunch of other pistols and a shotgun on order already hav a lever action and a few semi autos. This just seems to be the one type of gun missing from my collection and essentially I'm spending 300.00 on it. I'm sure if I decide I am not using it enough I can get my money back.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:04 AM   #7
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 57514
If it has a heavy barrel I would definitely do the trade. I have one and it is crazy accurate. Have shot mine out the 700 yards.

"Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is."
Josey Wales

"ENDEAVOR TO PERSEVERE."

coach482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:38 AM   #8
XDTalk Member

I don't think it has the heavy barrel but savage seems to have a good rep for accuracy.

Old 05-14-2012, 06:51 AM   #9
XDTalk Supporter

Member #: 40869
the 10fxp doesn't have a heavy barrel, but the accuracy on it should be pretty grteat anyway... just be careful, I got bitten by the customizing bug
Old 05-14-2012, 08:21 AM   #10
XDTalk Member

Does anyone know who makes an aftermarket stock for the model with the sporter barrel?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » Bolt Guns/Precision Rifles

Search tags for this page

savage 10 fxp

savage 10 fxp 308

savage 10 fxp 308 review

savage 10 fxp review

savage 10fxp

savage 10fxp3
savage fxp 10
savage fxp 308

savage model 10 fxp

savage model 10 fxp 308

savage model 10 fxp 308 review

savage model 10 fxp reviews
Click on a term to search for related topics.