• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Remington 770 Tuning

This is a discussion on Remington 770 Tuning within the Bolt Guns/Precision Rifles forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; I know that many of you aren't fans of this gun and I know that it has many problems but it was what I could ...

Old 01-26-2012, 12:49 PM   #1
XDTalk Member

Member #: 67274
Question Remington 770 Tuning

I know that many of you aren't fans of this gun and I know that it has many problems but it was what I could afford to start with and works for the plinking and varmint shooting that my wife and I do.

That said, what are some of the things you guys have done to this gun to make it the way you want it. My real interest is in learning more about all firearms and making them work the best for each individual shooter so let me have it
GrandpaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-26-2012, 02:02 PM   #2
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 26015
About the only thing I can think of you may actually need would be a trigger job just to make the trigger a little smoother. Creep in a trigger pull can really kill your accuracy.
diyj98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 02:24 PM   #3
XDTalk Supporter

Member #: 40869
glass bedding a rifle is never a bad idea, I'll be doing that for my Savage this spring, doing the same would help your Remington.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:42 PM   #4
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 55671
I don't care what they say, I have a 770 chambered for 300 Win Mag and I love it! At a 100 yards it will drive nails. The best part? It only cost me $279 new, sealed in the box. And, it came with a 3-9 Bushnell scope for that price! No regrets here....

"Honor, justice, and humanity forbid us tamely to surrender that freedom which we received from our gallant ancestors, and which our innocent posterity have a right to receive from us. We cannot endure the infamy and guilt of resigning succeeding generations to that wretchedness which inevitably awaits them if we basely entail hereditary bondage upon them." - Thomas Jefferson, Declaration of Causes and Necessity of Taking up Arms (July 6, 1775)
dhardy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:13 PM   #5
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 69682
I shoot the 770 in a 7MM rem mag. I had a buddy polish the bolt and lap it so that it set tighter in the bore. I also sanded down the lips on the magazine so it didnt catch on the bolt as it stripped a round from the magazine.
Doc2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:45 PM   #6
XDTalk Member

Member #: 70440
I had a 710 and my cousin had a 770. They can be accurate guns and I would also recommend you start reloading and work up some custom loads. With the handloads you can work up a nice load for the gun and on his 7 mag its pretty accurate out to 400-450 yards.
t8er is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » Bolt Guns/Precision Rifles

Search tags for this page
adjusting remington 770 trigger
adjustment 770 triggers
how do i tune the trigger on a remington 770
how to adjust the trigger on a remington 770
how to adjust trigger on remington 770
how to adjust trigger pull on remington 770
problems with remington 770
remington 770 clip problems
remington 770 magazine fix
remington 770 magazine problems
remington 770 problems

remington 770 trigger

remington 770 trigger adjustment

remington 770 trigger job

remington 770 trigger pull
trigger adjustment remington 770
Click on a term to search for related topics.