• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Tikka T3 vs. Weatherby Sub-MOA?

This is a discussion on Tikka T3 vs. Weatherby Sub-MOA? within the Bolt Guns/Precision Rifles forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; Leaning towards a Tikka T3....

Old 12-11-2011, 04:59 PM   #1
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 25575
Tikka T3 vs. Weatherby Sub-MOA?

Leaning towards a Tikka T3.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
JoeOU1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-12-2011, 05:50 PM   #2
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 4970
I have a 30.06 Tikka and I love it.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:07 PM   #3
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 35934
Both are great rifles, but I went with the Tikka Lite in .308 and dropped a Nikon Monarch 4-16x42 scope on it.
Love it!

Slingshot (1000 rounds no FTF or FTE)
Atl-Atl & Darts (875 rounds no FTF or FTE)
Spud Gun n Taters (127 rounds no French Fries)
Pea shooter n spitwads (1 FTF and 1 Squib)
Rocks (671 rounds no FTF or FTE)
BB Gun (Lost count of rounds 17 FTF no FTE)
Phase Pistol (376 pulses of flawless performance)
Plasma Rifle (381 discharges. No Survivors)

Last edited by Spartan299; 12-13-2011 at 07:49 PM.
Spartan299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:27 PM   #4
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 66064
Tikka makes a sweet rifle. It's on my to get list!
richeyo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:46 PM   #5
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 46983
Sub-moa is very possible in almost any decent rifle. Cant go wrong with either brand.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:56 AM   #6
XDTalk Member

Member #: 64822
Let me tell you a story. I was interested in buying a Sauer 200 lux from my Uncle who was a gun collector. I was going to get that rifle or a Weatherby and I asked him about the a Weatherby. He said that he did not like them and said he would never touch one. He did not go to far into explaining why. I decided to buy the Sauer. I liked the gun but thinking bigger is better I sold the Sauer in .308 to buy the Weatherby Mark Deluxe V in 7mm Weatherby mag. It is a nice rifle to look at but not a pleasure to shoot. The recoil on the thing is way more than any other 7mm mag I have shot. The bolt is not very smooth and can be hard to close. The bolt has a very long travel. It is so pretty I just about cried when I scratched the barrel bluing. For what you get they are not worth the money. I understand what my Uncle was talking about now. I wish I would have kept the Sauer. I made a major mistake and I will never be able to get that model gun back in a like new condition. Although I don't own one and have never shot one I have many friends who are Tikka lovers. I have never herd anything bad about a Tikka. Go with the Tikka you will be much happier and will have more money in your pocket when you are done. If you decide against the Tikka and want a Weatherby I have one I will sell you cheap.

Last edited by Northernforest; 12-16-2011 at 01:36 PM.
Northernforest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 06:08 AM   #7
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 25090
Another Tikka fan here. I got the Tikka T3 Lite in 308 last year for Christmas. It is an excellent rifle. You will not be disappointed.
‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’— Thomas Jefferson

baldp8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 04:42 PM   #8
XDTalk Member

Member #: 42655
I have a Stainless Tikka t3 lite in 30-06. My best reloads puts a hornady 168 gr bthp moly into .4 inches center to center at 100 yds. I had a weatherby sub moa in 223 used for coyotes and fun shooting. My best reloads put a 52 gr hornady bthp match at .7 inches center to center. Both were multiple three shot groups. When things got bad economically for me, I sold the weatherby. The Tikka is my deer and everything rifle and the weatherby was my coyote and fun shooter. I wish I still had it. I love my Tikka though. It has 4 doe and 2 bucks under it's belt. I had this rifle for 5 years and if I had to go through more rough times, I will sell my other guns before this goes.
acliqueof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 05:05 PM   #9
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 53578
In the standard calibers you will find either rifle will serve you well. What calibers, features, and models are you looking for? The Tikkas and WB Vanguards offer good shooters.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:06 AM   #10
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 36438
The problem with most Weatherby rifles is the shape of the stock...there's too much drop. while this is good for a shotgun or lower power rifle when you get into something that has a decent amount of recoil you typically want as straight of a stock as you can find.

Weatherby makes make up for this drop with a higher comb. Since your shoulder is what absorbs the recoil the straighter stock of something like the Tikka helps to reduce the felt recoil by creating a straight shove versus a back & down shove.

And, like JaydenH mentioned, most factory rifles of decent manufacture are well capable of sub MOA accuracy.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » Bolt Guns/Precision Rifles

Search tags for this page
sub moa 308 rifles

sub moa rifles for sale

tikka

tikka forest

tikka forest for sale

tikka sub moa

tikka t3 forest

tikka t3 forest for sale

tikka t3 lite 308 moa
tikka t3 sub moa
weatherby rifles sub moa

weatherby sub moa

weatherby sub moa tactical rifle price
weatherby vanguard sub moa rifle for sale
whapens whith presicion sub moa
Click on a term to search for related topics.