• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

LWRC M6A2 Gas Piston Carbine

This is a discussion on LWRC M6A2 Gas Piston Carbine within the AR Talk forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; Originally Posted by Chapie+ I am fearful of the wrath the following question may invoke, but.... Is there a chart for the LWRC, 556, and ...

Old 01-11-2009, 05:22 PM   #31
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 12715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapie+ View Post
I am fearful of the wrath the following question may invoke, but....

Is there a chart for the LWRC, 556, and other similarly operated weapons - like there is for the ARs?

Ducking for cover,
Chapie+
As has been mentioned, there isn't. It wouldn't serve much purpose...the M4 chart is comparing rifles that are, ostensibly, the same thing; and comparing how they are built to a defined standard (the M4 TDP). None of these piston guns are the same nor is there a spec to measure them to.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Palmguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-11-2009, 05:27 PM   #32
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 23857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmguy View Post
As has been mentioned, there isn't. It wouldn't serve much purpose...the M4 chart is comparing rifles that are, ostensibly, the same thing; and comparing how they are built to a defined standard (the M4 TDP). None of these piston guns are the same nor is there a spec to measure them to.
Now that makes a lot of sense.

So who makes the best gas piston carbine that takes AR mags?

Chapie+
Chapie+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 06:06 PM   #33
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 25140
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikon777 View Post
Haha exactly, whats with all the damn whispering.
Today I'm going to the ULTRA SECRET testing labs to fire the...magpul masada...DUN DUN DUNNNN

gsx1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 06:13 PM   #34
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 31405
Nice rifle!
Ghostface03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 07:40 PM   #35
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 26613
That is a very nice rifle. I wouldn't mind adding one to the stable. Gonna build two AR's first though.

"Out of every ONE HUNDRED men, TEN should not be here, EIGHTY are nothing but targets,
NINE are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they the battle make."

"Ah, but the ONE, ONE of them is a WARRIOR, and he will bring the others back."

Heraclitus 500 BC

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ
The DRis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 07:45 PM   #36
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 8785
Quote:
Now that makes a lot of sense.

Chapie+
LWRC, hands down, imo.

I was anti-Obama when Anti-Obama wasn't cool. Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.-- Glen Aldrich

The wealthiest nation in the world with the mightiest army man has ever assembled could not stop them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
PackerfanXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 07:47 PM   #37
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 22287
I started in on some light modifications. There is not a lot that needs to be done. I put some ladder rail covers on the side rails and bottom rail, mainly to protect the rails from scrapes, but also to improve grip comfort. I always leave the top rail bare of covers. I was a little surprised covers were not included since my Stag Arms 2T came with three ladder covers. I bought three 18 step Magpul ladder covers for $11 each. The 9-1/8" quad rail has 20 slot rails. It helps to pre-flex one end to start them on the rail. I don't plan to add a lot of quad rail accessories and intend to keep it lean and mean.

I added the MI BUIS's as none were included. The MI front folding sight has nifty semi-circular side protectors that help center the peep rear as well as looking good. Make sure you buy a front sight made for a top rail as most gas blocks are lower than the top rail. A gas block front sight would be much too high for this gun's top rail. Using my laser bore sighter, the mechanical zero was dead on. I never take my laser bore sighter to the range as many people have forgotten and ruined barrels by firing with a muzzle-mounted bore sighter in place.

The VLTOR EMOD is a quality slider with a spare parts compartment, rubber recoil pad, and cheek pieces. The buffer tube is mil-spec. The VLTOR is longer than most sliders. The length of pull ended up being an inch too long when fully extended. The mil-spec tube on my STAG was about 3/4" shorter than the mil-spec tube on my LWRC for some reason. In order to improve the length of pull on both guns, I switched the sliders, so now the Magpul CTR is on the LWRC and the VLTOR is on the Stag 2T. So my LWRC is starting to look more like Packerfan's.

My LWRC only has negligible upper/lower play. I experimented and trimmed down the base of an AccuWedge. To get it to fit at all, I had to pare it down to almost nothing (2.5 mm). It did eliminate all play, but now I need a plastic punch to press out the takedown pin. I will probably just forego the AccuWedge entirely.

I have a C-More reflex railway 4MOA red dot optic on the Stag 2T. It will probably end up migrating over to the LWRC.

The LWRC came with one 30rd PMag. I picked up several more 30rd and 20rd PMags at the gun show. I also have a generous supply of NHMTG aluminum mags which have proven very reliable in my other AR's.

The Magpul MOE pistol grip is nicely contoured and has a thicker ergo-style backstrap that properly places your trigger finger on the trigger, but is not too big as to make the reach to the safety too long. It has a trap door plate to allow emergency small part storage. The trap door plate was loose fitting. It was the only thing on the gun that rattled. I applied a single wrap of electrical tape to the front insert portion and eliminated the rattle, yet still allows for easy trap door removal.

Last edited by Wild Rice; 01-11-2009 at 08:23 PM.
Wild Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 08:35 PM   #38
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 22287
Quote:
A better question is who makes the best AR-15 based gas-piston carbine. Designs such as the Sig 556, RobArms XCR, HK 416, and FN SCAR are more clean slate designs than they are AR based. Some are unobtainable. Some are more based on the FAL or AK. One advantage of an AR-15 based gas-piston design (or gas-piston conversion) is AR-15 parts sharing and component swapping. If you look at it this way, LWRC is a leading contender for best AR-15 based gas-piston carbine. It is also a leading contender for best AR in general (DI and GP). It has my vote for number one, but I have not tried them all.
Wild Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 08:42 PM   #39
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 16634
mvician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 09:21 PM   #40
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 23857
mvician,

Which AR is that?

Chapie+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvician View Post
Chapie+ is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk

Search tags for this page
can you turn the gas off on a lwrc m6a2
gun digest lwrc
how i find a serial # on m6a2 rifle
lwrc is it beter thein the schar
lwrc m6 1188
lwrc m6 a2
lwrc m6 serial number lookup

lwrc m6a2

lwrc m6a2 best price
lwrc m6a2 price
lwrc serial number range
lwrc two piece bolt carrier?
my lwrc m6a2 did not come with buis, how old is it
serial number for lwrc m6a2
where is the serial number on lwrc
will a 300 blackout barrel fit in a m6a2 lwrc rifle?
Click on a term to search for related topics.