• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Where to buy Lower Receiver?

This is a discussion on Where to buy Lower Receiver? within the AR Talk forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; Originally Posted by ThumperMX113 It's that attention whore thing your signature talks about. Yeah... I feel so neglected and lonely right now, so I want ...

Old 12-16-2008, 02:45 PM   #21
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 25728
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113 View Post
It's that attention whore thing your signature talks about.
Yeah... I feel so neglected and lonely right now, so I want some attention! LOL
StewieGriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-16-2008, 03:47 PM   #22
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 25844
If you don't mind, what was the price on the lower from Essential Arms? I am still trying to fight the urge of building one.
Old 12-16-2008, 04:10 PM   #23
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 12549
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo loco View Post
If you don't mind, what was the price on the lower from Essential Arms? I am still trying to fight the urge of building one.
100 plus shipping......

I got mine in a private sale. paid 125 to cover shipping and the transfer fee for the guy that originally bought it
Ske1etor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 04:31 PM   #24
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 22193
Quote:
$282 shipped, after the "rush" began!

They told me that they weren't going to raise their prices, only stop the quantity discount.
rsb5772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 04:47 PM   #25
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 25844
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsb5772 View Post
$282 shipped, after the "rush" began!

They told me that they weren't going to raise their prices, only stop the quantity discount.

that's for three lowers right?
Old 12-16-2008, 04:55 PM   #26
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 17660
$282 for three?

man did I get bent! i gave $225 delivered and ffl'd for a Stag but I can get a Stag upper w/parts delivered for $599 if I can wait.
xdmikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 05:17 PM   #27
XDTalk 100 Member

Quote:
that's for three lowers right?
Yes, for three.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:12 PM   #28
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 31339
1st post and 1st things first. I LOVE SP-XDs! I can go on and on about them, but I'll save that for a different time. That's really not true... I don't love my gun, I love what it protects. The XD works every time when it should and it can't have an accident. It will only have "on purposes".

It's a little strange (to me) that I'm finding such great info about the AR-15 on a pistol page, but alas... good for everyone.

Thanks to Thndr rak187 sb5772 Uraiit Ske1etor Kent xdmikey and gringo loco for asking great questions and then answering them.

So call me whatever you want for asking a question, n00b, wet, green, rookie whatever, go a head - get it out of your system, I know you want to put me in a box and sort it all out in 1.5 seconds... alright all done. whew. (AR-15 virgin works if you haven't thought of one yet.) You were a virgin once too if you recall.

Alright, so based on what I've read so far EA Essential Arms seems like a great product as a lower assembly and a great price point. I don't know what I don't know and I don't yet own a AR-15. So is EA a good lower for both .223 and .308? Teach me. I'm interested in both.

Based on events out of my control, I can not just go on down and pick up a retail AR-15 and be done with it. but I've read enough history to know that scarry things scare scared people and people that aren't scared (you and I gun owners) scare them too. i.e. gun laws are about to really tough on good guys but not bad guys.
Guns don't scare me at all.
Bad legislation scares me.
Bad District Judges scare me, bad laws scare me.
You know what I'm getting at. I'm not real fond of Hitler. You get me.

Therefore, I don't have a $ issue, I have a time issue. So with limited funds and almost no time left, I figure the most important thing to get is the AR-15 lower with hopes that the AR-15 uppers will be available later on. But here I am surrounded with AR-15 lingo and my head is swirling.

All the rags in the grocery store all talk about the latest gadgets and newest system - they're doing their job, but it's not helping me. I'm interested in "lowers" at the moment.

If it's made in China I'm not interested. It better say made Made in USA somewhere on it or else!

I want a "Katrina Gun". plain and simple. CQB something in the M4 size and caliber. I'll deck it out with night vision load a ton of batteries in a bug-out bag and it'll be a platform to invent some camera adapters on the 1913 rail. I figure every bullet will have a lawyer attached to it, and I want evidence to support my case if... whatever.

I've been through a bunch of hurricanes in my life and I understand the human condition. It is what it is. I survived Hugo in 1989, Andrew in 90, and my imagination could never had come up with Katrina, so now I need to plan appropriately. The bar has been raised. Reading stories of gun confiscation is appalling. Thugs and gangs kept the trapped folks on their toes. police and civilian interaction during that time was ... I don't even know a word for it.

So all you experience folk having come back from Iraq can chime in - should all the toys be mounted on me, the gun, a helmet, a vest - what the best real-life rule of thumb please. Think close quarters night-time context.

So you're getting in the ground floor, fueling my interest with information and knowledge.. Fill 'er up!

I like the bull-pup design of the FNH PS90, but we're up to $2K and parts availability is an issue. If I could do that, then I could also just go down to a shop here in Colorado Springs and buy a M&P AR-15 with all the furniture for $1800 - can't do it. I'm not too keen on the proprietary ammo either of the PS90... whatever - I'm monologging at this point.

so... AR Lowers made of steel? pressed? billet aluminum? anodized? carbon fiber? black, tan? what should I be paying attention to here? Seems like EA's lower is what I'm looking for.

Future interests are 3 gun competition, Bug out/Katrina gun, AR-10 SASS style hunting Elk, and training my 4 young children gun safety and fun. Voting, voting, and more voting. I'm almost irritated enough to run for election myself.

P.S. I would rather own a "American Gun" than the venerable AK-47. When the BEEP hits the FAN, everybody needs to recognize me as a good guy as much as possible, and the AK-47 doesn't lend itself to "good guys" appearance in the media these days.
JeSyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:34 PM   #29
XDTalk 100 Member

[quote=JeSyme;1514612]So call me whatever you want for asking a question, n00b, wet, green, rookie whatever, go a head - get it out of your system, I know you want to put me in a box and sort it all out in 1.5 seconds... alright all done. whew. (AR-15 virgin works if you haven't thought of one yet.) You were a virgin once too if you recall.

Relax, this isn't ar15.com

Alright, so based on what I've read so far EA Essential Arms seems like a great product as a lower assembly and a great price point. I don't know what I don't know and I don't yet own a AR-15. So is EA a good lower for both .223 and .308? Teach me. I'm interested in both.

Mine have been great. I didn't see where they offered an AR10 lower.

so... AR Lowers made of steel? pressed? billet aluminum? anodized? carbon fiber? black, tan? what should I be paying attention to here? Seems like EA's lower is what I'm looking for.

I haven't seen any made of steel. All aluminum, and a few pics of broken carbon fiber/composite lowers. Anodized? Yes, most of them. Black? Tan? Yes, and many other colors. EA's will work perfect for what you're wanting, then again, so will most others. Pick by price or a rollmark that you like. Many people like Spike's spider. [quote]
Old 12-17-2008, 10:39 PM   #30
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 23615
You can occasionally find them made of steel, but they're generally made of forged aluminum.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk

cheap, essential arms, in stock, lower receiver

Search tags for this page
essential arms lower receiver
essential arms lower receiver for sale
essential arms lower receiver review
essential arms lower receiver reviews

essential arms lower review

liberty tactical ar 15 review

liberty tactical lower

liberty tactical lower receiver

liberty tactical lower review

liberty tactical review
liberty tactical reviews
where can i get a lower receiver
where to buy ar lower receiver

where to buy lower receiver

where to buy lower receivers

where to buy lower recievers
Click on a term to search for related topics.