• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

MI handguards (Midwest Industries)

This is a discussion on MI handguards (Midwest Industries) within the AR Talk forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; Whats the general feel around the AR world about MI ? They make good stuff? Was wanting to order these 4-rail handgaurds since they are ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk » MI handguards (Midwest Industries)

Old 11-25-2008, 09:09 AM   #1
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 25014
MI handguards (Midwest Industries)

Whats the general feel around the AR world about MI ?

They make good stuff?

Was wanting to order these 4-rail handgaurds since they are about $75-$100 cheaper then Larue and DD

Midwest Industries MCTAR-21
Marlin lever gun(30-30)
SKS
CCW Holder
Crossbreed Supertuck
Shiftyk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 11-25-2008, 09:12 AM   #2
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 17943
My MI rear flip-up buis is pretty nice so I bet that handguard is good. But wouldn't THIS look great on an AR????

I never leave home without em.
englandcrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 09:14 AM   #3
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 21739
I've got the 2pc FF Car length one on my gun. They are a bit heavy, but I like them. Search for the pics I posted =)

Last edited by Fish609; 11-25-2008 at 09:28 AM.
Fish609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 09:18 AM   #4
Official Site Vendor

Member #: 15967
MI is good stuff. its not top of the line but its a good middle of the road quality piece of aluminum. finish is excellent fit is superb.

im not entirely sure on this but i believe that YHM is just about the best you can get without stepping up to the plate and moving in to the Major leagues of DD, TROY, Samson and the likes.

ive had several MI Rails as well as a set or two of YHM i LIke them Both But i like the YHM roll mark. and they are cheaper.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man"
~Thomas Jefferson~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Email
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Cell 405-659-0367
T.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 09:21 AM   #5
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 25728
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.J. View Post
MI is good stuff. its not top of the line but its a good middle of the road quality piece of aluminum. finish is excellent fit is superb.

im not entirely sure on this but i believe that YHM is just about the best you can get without stepping up to the plate and moving in to the Major leagues of DD, TROY, Samson and the likes.

ive had several MI Rails as well as a set or two of YHM i LIke them Both But i like the YHM roll mark. and they are cheaper.
What? No LaRue in that list of Major Leagues? Tsk Tsk Tsk TJ!

BTW, 60-90 days for pmags?! le merd!
StewieGriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 09:21 AM   #6
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 25014
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.J. View Post

Hmm... people keep telling me that YHM is junk.

on m4carbine.net anyway
Marlin lever gun(30-30)
SKS
CCW Holder
Crossbreed Supertuck
Shiftyk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 09:25 AM   #7
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 25728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftyk5 View Post

on m4carbine.net anyway

M4carbine.net has a lot of "only the best" type of mentality. Just buy what you want and you'll be good to go. If all you are doing is range shooting, paper punching, and trying to make your AR look cool, then the YHM will suit you just fine.

But if you decide to start taking some classes, going to the sandbox, fighting off some alibabas then you might want to step it up a notch or two.
StewieGriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 09:30 AM   #8
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 21739
And I'm sure the MI would suit you well in the sandbox also... I think the bottom can even drop out to support the grenade launcher.
Fish609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 09:37 AM   #9
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 8432
I have an MI rail on my SBR and it's sweet!

For the record, all of my other ARs wear YHM forends.

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off.
Hooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 10:19 AM   #10
Official Site Vendor

Member #: 15967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftyk5 View Post

on m4carbine.net anyway
YHM is good for what it is and for the price point.

its RAil it in no way impacts the performance of the rifle.

the differnces between YHM an Daniel Defense is that DD adds little extra in the weak points, is lighter and thinner

both of them will last you a really really long time.

YHM makes their products in spec just like DD does about the only rails i would stay away from are the UTG rails they use sub standard aluminum and it might be in spec and it might not who knows

ive got samson, DD, YHM, and have used MI in the past with no complaints about any of them.

the DD is slimmer and has has a nicer feel in the hand.

I Only bought the DD rails because i wanted to see what all the fus is about and i got a good price on them it was pretty much so an impulse buy, while they are nice rails and feel good in the hand im not sure that they are worth the MSRP at least not to me.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man"
~Thomas Jefferson~

Email

Cell 405-659-0367
T.J. is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk

Search tags for this page
daniel defense drop in rail or mi
daniel defense vs midwest industries
m1 mctar-21 g2
mi gen 2 ss drop in rail
mi gen2 tseries free float compared to yhm

midwest gen 2 ss review

midwest industries 2 piece gen 2 drop in handguard reviews

midwest industries gen 2 two piece free float handguard review

midwest industries gen2 two piece drop-in handguard vs. k series keymod
midwest industries mctar gen 2 handguard review
midwest industries quality
midwest industries reviews m4carbine.net

midwest industries t series review

midwest industries vs daniel defense

midwest ss drop in
Click on a term to search for related topics.