• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Sig 556, DPMS, or wait for the Bushmaster ACR?

This is a discussion on Sig 556, DPMS, or wait for the Bushmaster ACR? within the AR Talk forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; i wish sig would just hurry up and make a Ar15 already (and i wish glock and ruger did also) i looked into the ar15, ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk » Sig 556, DPMS, or wait for the Bushmaster ACR?

Old 11-06-2008, 01:18 PM   #11
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 15221
i wish sig would just hurry up and make a Ar15 already (and i wish glock and ruger did also) i looked into the ar15, the sig 556, and XCR.

here is my thoughts.

the XCR is slow on updates, slow little company, neat gun. I am somewhat afraid it will be orphaned.

The sig is nice i hear the REAL 550 is the *******, but for some reason they wont sell it to us, the 556 is kinda the bastard step child, like the XCR you dont have a whole cottage industry built around it supplying mods, and accessories. You pretty much better like it out of the box, and like the few mods and acessories sig sells.

DPMS is fair mid level ar15, kinda was asked already, if you are willing to spend over $1,300 and maybe as much as $1,600 or more for a sig 556, why not a LWRC ar15, it has the piston upper like the sig, but most parts are compatible with regular ar15 ... modularity. It shares 90% of the parts with a mil spec ar15.

you can get them for $1,599 but i would personally step up to the $1,795 model with the acessory rail

http://www.eastcoastfirearms.com/gal...0&is_gallery=1

this quandry is why i dont have a ar15 yet, i started looking and paying attention about a year and half ago ... seeing the writing on the wall.

imediately heard about the awesomeness that is the magpul/bushie masada. i dont know if we will see one in time.

my first choice would be the Fn SCAR but again probably wont be available in time.

a lesser ar15 in hand is worth two in the bush.

get it bush. pun intended.
billbrasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 11-06-2008, 01:20 PM   #12
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 29500
If you are looking in the price range of 1500 to 1700 (Sig type price) go get yourself a Stag2T,EoTech 512, and maybe a new stock and pistol grip for around the same price of the 556. I love my Stag.
Aaron 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:59 AM   #13
XDTalk 25K Member

Member #: 1698
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninSteel View Post
If you want a 5.56 NATO chambered rifle, the SIG 556 would be a great choice as its reliability is through the roof. Its a great rifle and I wanted to get one for awhile now but was waiting for SIG to offer larger calibers.

If you want a larger caliber piston system, the XCR offers the same reliability as the SIG556 and multiple calibers to choose from at the moment. IMO, you can't go wrong with either the SIG or the XCR.

That being said, absolutely nothing wrong with going with a Stoner design AR-15 or AR-10. Great rifles and in a SHTF scenario, if your rifle needs a couple of parts you could potentially cannibalize parts from another rifle if needed.
I agree partially. I think the XCR offers good reliability if it lives up to it's testing and reputation, but if BHO pushes for an AWB it might not even be available to the public before the AWB passes.

Piston driven ARs are currently out on the market. HK416s, POF-USA, Ares-Defense, and several other companies making kits to convert ARs.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Krackels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 10:04 AM   #14
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 10288
Found this the other night:

Sig Sauer 556 .223/5.56mm NATO Rifle - CLASSIC - Top Gun Supply

I think I'm in love
Old 11-10-2008, 10:12 AM   #15
XDTalk Member

Member #: 22574
I have fired the bushmaster I bought the DPMS over the sig 556

I did not like the feel of the sig. You know how a gun just feels better than another one. I just couldn't put my finger on it. I think it looks bada** and I love sig but that is not the one for me. I think the next will be a dpms .308 they have a great selection and they just feel right. Thats my 2 pennies worth.
Atrain is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk

Search tags for this page
516od sig sauer vs. bushmaster acr
bushmaster acr vs sig 556

bushmaster vs sig sauer

dpms acr

dpms ap4 5.56 vs sig m400

dpms vs sig sauer
is sig saur better than bushmaster
m400 vs dpms ar 10
sig 556 vs. acr

sig m400 vs dpms

sig sauer m400 swat vs dpms recon 5.56
sig sauer m400 vs bushmaster

sig sauer sm400

sig sauer sm400 review
sig sauer vs bushmaster
sig sm400 srp reviews
Click on a term to search for related topics.