• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Troy Modular Rail Reviews...

This is a discussion on Troy Modular Rail Reviews... within the AR Talk forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; Does anyone have any links on for reviews or write ups done for the Troy MRF? I did a Google, but that sucked! LOL...

Old 10-29-2008, 10:09 AM   #1
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 25728
Troy Modular Rail Reviews...

Does anyone have any links on for reviews or write ups done for the Troy MRF? I did a Google, but that sucked! LOL
StewieGriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-29-2008, 12:44 PM   #2
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 16634
Military Morons

scroll down to almost the bottom of the page
mvician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:55 PM   #3
XDTalk 1K Member

Quote:
The clamp area does pose an issue - since the bottoms of the side rails stop at the clamp, rail panels will go no farther aft. Even though there are cutouts for Knight's rail panel clips on the first and last slots, a full-length KAC rail panel's clip will not engage. The panel is too long for the clip to engage in the front, and unless the panel is relieved, the clamp does not provide the necessary clearance to engage the clip on the aft slot. Short KAC rail panels will only engage the front slots. The Tango Down rail panel clip will not engage in the front, but can be installed with the clip to the rear. The clamp area, however, will be bare (much like a delta ring or barrel nut on a free-floating forend. I decided to relieve my Tango Down rail panels to cover that area, as I sometimes use a mag well hold instead of the vertical grip. I used a dremel to relieve the necessary amount (first pic, below). The panel now insulates my hand from the clamp area, which is likely to get hot. The Tango Down vertical grip was a solid fit - no side-side movement whatsoever.
Bare with me here but, does this mean that if I get the 7" rails, I can't use my 11 rib KAC panels on the L and R side? Say it aint so...
Old 10-29-2008, 01:19 PM   #4
XDTalk 5K Member

You may have to do some trimming/relieiving of the panel to engage the clip is what I'm reading.

Old 10-29-2008, 01:38 PM   #5
XDTalk 1K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvician View Post
You may have to do some trimming/relieiving of the panel to engage the clip is what I'm reading.

This sucks! LOL, I guess my Dremel will be put to use when I do this.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:15 PM   #6
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 23318
I just got one for a customer, mrf-di, I was very very impressed! Excellent fit, locked up super tight. Very worth the ~$150
ckuplent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:18 PM   #7
XDTalk 1K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckuplent View Post
I just got one for a customer, mrf-di, I was very very impressed! Excellent fit, locked up super tight. Very worth the ~$150
I'm sure they are, but I'm done with non-free floats.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:32 PM   #8
XDTalk 5K Member

The DI look like this........this is the Samson version

This is the Samson MRF free float, same b4 they changed the design as the Troy MRF

The KAC panels were a tight fit on mine and since these are the rifle length rails they can't slide forward because of the ladder style covers and the definately can't move backwards.

bottom

side

side
Old 10-29-2008, 02:36 PM   #9
XDTalk 1K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvician View Post
The DI look like this........this is the Samson version

This is the Samson MRF free float, same b4 they changed the design as the Troy MRF

The KAC panels were a tight fit on mine and since these are the rifle length rails they can't slide forward because of the ladder style covers and the definately can't move backwards.

bottom

side

side
Did you do any "relieving" of those panels? I was planning on putting 11 rib panels on the L and R side, a 6 rib on the B w/ a VFG.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:46 PM   #10
XDTalk 5K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewieGriffin View Post
Did you do any "relieving" of those panels? I was planning on putting 11 rib panels on the L and R side, a 6 rib on the B w/ a VFG.

No I did not.....as you can see I have the panels "backwards" and the clips didn't engage. Since the panel was "captured" I didn't mess with releiving any material off of the backside. As I said in the post above they slid on the rail real TIGHT and can't move back and forth between the back of the rail and the ladder panels.

Now on a 7" rail I would guess you'll have to get some material releived off the backside so the clips will lock in.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk

Search tags for this page
can't move on cover photo

troy delta rail review

troy drop in rail reviews
troy drop in rails review

troy mrf rail review

troy mrf review

troy mrf-di review
troy mrf-m review
troy rail cover review
troy rail covers review

troy rail review

troy rail reviews
troy rail system review
troy rails review

troy vertical grip review

Click on a term to search for related topics.