• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

T-Marks

This is a discussion on T-Marks within the AR Talk forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; T-Marks What do I do with em? I know its a stupid question, but I really have no clue what to do. Its the flat ...

Old 08-26-2008, 11:12 PM   #1
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 7046
T-Marks

T-Marks What do I do with em? I know its a stupid question, but I really have no clue what to do. Its the flat top that came on my Del-Ton Upper with with this Del-Ton, Inc. AR-15 Flip Up Rear Sight.

What is the correct procedure to get it properly sighted in.

Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
: [after handing the gun to Newt] It is better to have that and not need it, then to need it and not have it.

Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder more respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind. - George Orwell
JeffXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-26-2008, 11:14 PM   #2
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 4212
T Marks help you index an attatchment back to its original place if you remove it and choose to reinstall it. For example, if you have an EOTeck on your flat top, and you take it off, if you choose to reinstall it, you can put it back on to the same T-mark and you should be pretty close to zeroed again.

"Honey, how 'bout I lock you up on charges of aggrevated dumb slut with no future?"
-Det. Ray Carling "Life on Mars"

"Criminals thrive on the indulgence of society's understanding."
03RangerXLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 11:15 PM   #3
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 24533
I would like to know this also. Experts! please lets us basque in your knowledge!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

slipey76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 11:19 PM   #4
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 7046
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03RangerXLT View Post
T Marks help you index an attatchment back to its original place if you remove it and choose to reinstall it. For example, if you have an EOTeck on your flat top, and you take it off, if you choose to reinstall it, you can put it back on to the same T-mark and you should be pretty close to zeroed again.

You see, the problem is this.... I don't know which damn mark to put my new flip up sight on the first damn place.

Anyone want a never fired AR-15. I might be too stupid to own it.

: [after handing the gun to Newt] It is better to have that and not need it, then to need it and not have it.

Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder more respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind. - George Orwell
JeffXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 11:21 PM   #5
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 25129
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffXD View Post
You see, the problem is this.... I don't know which damn mark to put my new flip up sight on the first damn place.

It really doesn't matter. I put mine as far back as it goes so my Eotech will fit, and because I like it there.

As for sighting it in...I just left my front sight as is, and eyeballed the rear and put it in the middle. I was close enough at 25 yards to only need a few small adjustments to front and rear.

Joeywhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 11:22 PM   #6
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 13749
Quote:

Put it where you want, Your still going to have to adjust it anyways to get it sighted in (after that -just remember wher it was).

(PS) I'll take it!

ΜΟΛΩΝ
ΛΑΒΕ
Yuppicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:00 AM   #7
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 16050
Quote:

Jeff, Jeff... Everyone has to start somewhere. Don't worry about it. I'll more or less say what already has been said, but I'll say it slightly differently so it looks new and fresh. Or not fresh.

As mentioned before, the T marks are provided as reference points for accessories or optics that are removed and replaced frequently on the gun. They are there so you can amke note of where you place your items the first time, and so you can accurately place them back in the same spot when you want to use them again.

As far as your rear sight, I place mine as far back on the top rail (towards the charging handle) as possible. I try to place the rear sight in the same place it would be if I had a fixed carry handle. Because you have a removable rear sight, you are free to place it anywhere you feel is most comfortable for you.

Melange still races...
hikeeba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 08:15 AM   #8
Official Site Vendor

Member #: 15967
Quote:

don't over analyze it T marks are there for the sole purpose of putting thing back on exactly where you took them off from oh and to look cool

if you don't have T marked you can use ladder type rail covers and cover the areas surrounding where you have your accessories this should make it easy for you to put back optics and sights where you had them initially zeroed in. at
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man"
~Thomas Jefferson~

Email

Cell 405-659-0367
T.J. is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk

Search tags for this page
ar 15 t marks
ar 15 upper t marks
ar15 t-marks
t markings

t marks

t marks ar15
t marks on ar 15

t marks on flat top uppers

t-markings

t-marks

t-marks ar-15
what are t markings on an ar-15
what are t marks
what are t marks for
what are t marks on flat top uppers
what is a t mark
Click on a term to search for related topics.