• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Why buy an AR-15?

This is a discussion on Why buy an AR-15? within the AR Talk forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; Okay, I'm not sure why I would want to buy an AR-15. What purpose would it serve me as a private citizen? Shed some light ...

Old 04-06-2008, 07:23 PM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 24813
Why buy an AR-15?

Okay, I'm not sure why I would want to buy an AR-15. What purpose would it serve me as a private citizen? Shed some light and your feelings please.
========================
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke (1729-1797), British statesman and philosopher

"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum." - ("If you want peace, prepare for war.") - Flavius Vegetius Renatus. Roman Military strategist. c. 390. A.D

"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people." -V, V for Vendetta
Outsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-06-2008, 07:25 PM   #2
XDTalk 20K Member

Member #: 508
Because you can!
...and because there are a gagillion configurations available...enough to fit any need you may have!...

I built mine as a plinker and because I could! Recently I have used it to hunt hogs!

No Guns, Know Crime.
Know Guns, No Crime!
So Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 07:26 PM   #3
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 11689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outsider View Post
Okay, I'm not sure why I would want to buy an AR-15. What purpose would it serve me as a private citizen? Shed some light and your feelings please.
AR-15s are some of the most customizable rifles available. They serve a wide variety of important purposes.

Target shooting. Hunting (small to large game depending upon the caliber you choose). Self defense, and civil defense.

I wouldn't be caught without a rifle in my house, and my AR-15 fits that bill well.

Your results may very.

Go shoot someone's then tell me you don't want one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

All biology is chemistry, all chemistry is physics, all physics is math, all math is philosophy, and all philosophy is bull....
robinsre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 07:50 PM   #4
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 15115
You can set them up to do ANY job you could ask a rifle to do. Long range precission, shot range CQB, Competition, ect, ect, ect.

Not to mention the politicians don't like them that's a really good reason to own one.

USPSA-A59201
jeepinbanditrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 07:52 PM   #5
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 18481
I bought a AR15 in a 9mm caliber. Great shooter... even at 100 yds. Then I went for a 223/5.56 upper... now I have 2 guns for one price. I have my pistols for hd and now mid range rifle and of course my 30.06 for anything longer then 200 yds. I have the yardage covered if I ever need it. Why AR? Because you can right now.... Will it change who knows... but the prices keep getting higher and higher. I felt if I didn't jump on it now it would be out of range for the average income folk. Good luck.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:55 PM   #6
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 14961
haha i thought this was a joke at first, buy one cause they are the greatest rifle ever made....period

Don't Mind Me...I'm Just Tip-Toeing in and Out of Threads

If guns kill people, Pencils mispel words, Cars make people drive drunk, and Spoons make Rosie O'Donnell fat.

`--- """""""" \"/"|""]"""xd-45""""""| ] { { { { { { D>
/_ ==o ___/ \ |_]___________|"
), ---.(_(___) /
// () ), ----"
//.... //
'-----
1978z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 08:01 PM   #7
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 24813
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1978z28 View Post
haha i thought this was a joke at first, buy one cause they are the greatest rifle ever made....period
No, no joke. I'm wanting to know people's opinion on why I should go out and drop a $1000 on one.
========================
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke (1729-1797), British statesman and philosopher

"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum." - ("If you want peace, prepare for war.") - Flavius Vegetius Renatus. Roman Military strategist. c. 390. A.D

"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people." -V, V for Vendetta
Outsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 08:06 PM   #8
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 16634
Quote:

Well if you can't figure it out for yourself anything we say isn't going to make up your mind
mvician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 08:08 PM   #9
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 11689
Quote:
No, no joke. I'm wanting to know people's opinion on why I should go out and drop a $1000 on one.
I'm going to be the odd man out and say don't....yet.

If you don't see the need or the desire for one without our help just owning one probably wouldn't help you much.

Become familiar with the gun you have. If you go shooting enough, and interact with enough other shooters eventually the bug will bite you.

- Ryan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

All biology is chemistry, all chemistry is physics, all physics is math, all math is philosophy, and all philosophy is bull....
robinsre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 08:10 PM   #10
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 6088
Quote:
Because you can...

No feelings needed. Just as simple as it gets. We have freedoms that other people take for granted.

USPSA

I am not an expert I just shoot like one.
The Knight Of Light is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk

Search tags for this page
should i buy an ar 15
should i buy an ar15
why buy a ar 15
why buy an ar

why buy an ar 15

why buy an ar 15 rifle

why buy an ar-15

why buy ar 15

why buy ar-15
why did you buy an ar
why purchase an ar 15
why should i buy an ar 15
why should i buy an ar-15
why should i buy an ar15
why to buy an ar 15
Click on a term to search for related topics.