• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

A2 stock color

This is a discussion on A2 stock color within the AR Talk forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; I just got my A2 lower from stag in 6.8 don't know if my expectations were to high or what. but the stock is MORE ...

Old 03-01-2008, 01:36 PM   #1
XDTalk Member

Member #: 21073
A2 stock color

I just got my A2 lower from stag in 6.8 don't know if my expectations were to high or what. but the stock is MORE grey than black, is this normal and if so what do you use for paint to make it flat black? also Iknow that is it the standard trigger and I am planning to put in a matched trigger that a friend is getting a patent for. but the standard trigger is so gritty that I truly believe you could not hit a bull in the a-- at 30 ft. what do you do to smooth it out? keep using it and it will get better or what? thank to all who reply
gary
rcnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-01-2008, 01:40 PM   #2
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 11014
I've seen a lot of different shades of grey's and blacks. A lot of it depends on the manufacturer and their dye agent.

As for smoothing your trigger, you could try a dremel cloth polishing wheel on the contact surfaces. Don't remove any metal though, just smooth the finish some.

Or of course you could just wait for your friends trigger and deal with it until then.
Old 03-01-2008, 01:50 PM   #3
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 16634
Oil the stock with CLP and wipe it down with an old BLACK t-shirt. That will darken it up.
Dry fire, and usage will make the trigger feel better.
mvician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 03:46 PM   #4
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 23346
My A2 stock was LIGHT grey when I got it. I wiped it down with some CLP and milspec and it darkend right up. Its good to keep some oil in it anyways. Its amazing though, the stock when new literally soaks the oil up like a sponge.

As far as the trigger, I would say deal with it until you get your friends trigger, or go out and purchase a RRA 2 stage trigger, then when you get your friends trigger, you can send me the RRA unit. I wont mind sloppy seconds in that regard.
SVThuh is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk

Search tags for this page
a2 buttstock color
a2 stock clp

a2 stock color

a2 stock colors
a2 stock paint
colored a2 buttstock
coloring xd stock
dyeing a2 stock
greyish stag a2 stock
how to paint a2 buttstock
paint a2 stock
paint an a2 stock
painting a a2 stock
painting a2 stock
painting an a2 stock
stag a2 stock
Click on a term to search for related topics.