• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

DPMS Panther LR-TAC20

This is a discussion on DPMS Panther LR-TAC20 within the AR Talk forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; http://www.dpmsinc.com/store/product...=4707&cat=1737 I want this gun. Does anyone know if they can be found below MSRP? Is there any reason this rifle would not be a ...

Old 02-23-2007, 01:04 AM   #1
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 13497
DPMS Panther LR-TAC20

http://www.dpmsinc.com/store/product...=4707&cat=1737

I want this gun. Does anyone know if they can be found below MSRP? Is there any reason this rifle would not be a good choice for deer hunting? I'm trying to balance between buying stuff that might be illegal soon with wanting to start deer hunting in the fall.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Member -------
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
rockerZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-23-2007, 01:08 AM   #2
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 8041
you want to use one of these for deer hunting? are you crazy? do you intend to just spray the deer with bullets. instead of taking 1 accurate shot? lol j/k of course!

i know nothing about the gun, whether it can be had below msrp.. I'd imagine it probably can, as most things generally are. As for deer hunting, well aren't .308's used for deer hunting? If so, and this rifle is allowed to be used for hunting in your state.. then I'd say it would work.
jednp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 01:18 AM   #3
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 15115
I was checking out their rifle chambered for 7.62x39. I've heard that the AR series rifles loses a lot of relibility going to that round. I "built one" using their build this rifle feature and it came out to 1112 dollars.

This is upgrading to the A3 flattop reciever, 4 rail handguards (I wouldn't mount anything here I just like the way they feel better than the normal ones) collapsible buttstock, and a chromium bolt carrier.

Kinda steep considering how straight my 75 dollar SKS shoots.

USPSA-A59201

Last edited by jeepinbanditrider; 02-23-2007 at 01:21 AM.
jeepinbanditrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 02:01 AM   #4
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 9898
build your own. about half the cost and 223 will drop dear pretty easy.

leeindy is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk

Search tags for this page
dpms lr tac20

dpms panther lr-tac20

dpms tac 20

dpms tac 20 accuracy
dpms tac 20 paintball gun
dpms tac 20 rifle
dpms tac 20 weight
dpms tac gun
dpms tac-20 weight

dpms tac20

dpms tac20 any good
history of dpms tac 20 rifle

lr-tac20

lr-tac20 308
panther lr tac20
Click on a term to search for related topics.