• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

RRA ar15 mid length, handguard question

This is a discussion on RRA ar15 mid length, handguard question within the AR Talk forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; POST A FRICKIN PICTURE!!! What barrel is on that rifle?? Is it a bull Barrel?? If so that is where some of your weight is ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk » RRA ar15 mid length, handguard question

Old 01-30-2007, 05:37 PM   #11
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 6823
POST A FRICKIN PICTURE!!!

What barrel is on that rifle?? Is it a bull Barrel?? If so that is where some of your weight is comeing from.

Are you gonna be useing this rifle mainly as a Varmit rifle where the heavier barrle might be useful or for IPSC where that extra weight may hamper you? Or are you just wanting a SHTF rifle.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Force and mind are opposites; morality ends where a gun begins.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

O
ne Big A$$ Mistake America

xd4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-30-2007, 07:14 PM   #12
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 8041
Quote:
Originally Posted by xd4life
POST A FRICKIN PICTURE!!!

What barrel is on that rifle?? Is it a bull Barrel?? If so that is where some of your weight is comeing from.

Are you gonna be useing this rifle mainly as a Varmit rifle where the heavier barrle might be useful or for IPSC where that extra weight may hamper you? Or are you just wanting a SHTF rifle.
ask nicely and you shall receive. but only if you ask nicely. if it were a bull barrel, I would have said bull barrel. use of the gun isn't important, weight is weight.. and I don't want it.
jednp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 07:30 PM   #13
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 12965
Hey Jednep, I finally got an answer on those composite handguards. They are Fobus M44 and they come in a 2 rail and 4 rail version.

Just in case you wanted to know.

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” The Doctor
Bidah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 07:31 PM   #14
XDTalk 4K Member

I don't typically have the bipod or bipod adapter on it. just had it on for the picture and I only use it if I want to attempt more precise shooting. otherwise i just keep the vertical grip.. and plan on getting a light just for the AR setup in the future.

Old 01-30-2007, 07:43 PM   #15
XDTalk 25K Member

Member #: 1698
From Adco firearms and located at the FAQ: The Big Thread On FF & Railed Forends.

An olympic firsh is about 7 ounces lighter than the YHM, and it retails for around $150. If you don't mind dropping the cash the Daniel Defense's are signficantly lighter.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."

&

Krackels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 09:05 AM   #16
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 5873
not an R4 barrel
.40-.45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 09:57 AM   #17
XDTalk 4K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by .40-.45
not an R4 barrel
i know it's not. I didn't buy the gun factory new... I bought it from someone who bought the upper and lower separate and put it together. I am thinking it has the heavy barrel in it. but I don't know what others would work with this, and still keep the same type configuration. maybe another manufacturer makes a barrel for that.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:50 PM   #18
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 9365
Best way to get weight off the rifle is to replace that HBAR with one of these Gov't model 16 inch lightened barrels and then get a Daniel's Defense LITE rail. You will lose your mid-length setup to do it though.

But if you want more rail space you can get this longer LITE rail that is made to work with CAR-length barrels.

http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=sho...product_id=451
Ruger K10/22T Stainless
Novadesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 03:55 PM   #19
XDTalk 4K Member

the reason I got the mid length to begin with was I had read several places about them having less issues with the gas system, due to it being mid length.. also I think something with recoil? not that the AR recoils hard. Also I like the longer sight picture.

Heck, if I have to spend $300 and up for a new quad rail, then however much more a dang barrel is going to cost.. probably $200-300, I'd be better off just keeping this gun how it is and buying a whole new AR.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:08 PM   #20
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 9982
Wink

Yep
The greatest threat to life is not from firearm accidents, nor even from criminals. The greatest killer in the 20th Century was secular governments who had disarmed their own citizens. Approximately 160 million people were killed by their own governments, in over 40 communist states, just in the 20th Century alone. These were citizens killed by their own governments in times of peace.

Stay Thirsty My Friends
ScottyPotty is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk

Search tags for this page
how long is a ar 15 mid length handguard
how much does the rra car length aluminum free float quad rail weight
rail mounts for the rra tro-mid free float handguard
rra advanced handguard review

rra tro bipod

rra tro free float handguard

rra tro free float rail

rra tro free float rails review

rra tro handguard

rra tro handguard mid

rra tro handguard review

rra tro review

tro-mid handguard
typical weight aluminum quad rail
weight of rra tro hanguard
will tro accessory rails fit any tro tube
Click on a term to search for related topics.