• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Anyone have experience with Diamondback AR's?

This is a discussion on Anyone have experience with Diamondback AR's? within the AR Talk forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; My LGS just got a Diamondback AR chambers in 300 Blackout and was wondering if anyone has experience with Diamondback rifles. This is the exact ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk » Anyone have experience with Diamondback AR's?

Old 03-12-2013, 08:11 PM   #1
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 78156
Anyone have experience with Diamondback AR's?

My LGS just got a Diamondback AR chambers in 300 Blackout and was wondering if anyone has experience with Diamondback rifles.
This is the exact one he has in his store DiamondBack AR-15 DB-15300 300 BLACKOUT AR15 : Semi Auto Rifles at GunBroker.com

Thanks for any feedback.

9/11/01 - Never Forget
MikeyLikesCarbonFiber is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-12-2013, 10:23 PM   #2
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 52430
Their pretty much brand new to the market. I think they released their AR line at 2013 shot show. So you'd be pretty much buying the guinea pig. If buying a 300 blackout I would probably pass as the system (In My Experience) is far more finicky then the 5.56 as there are more standard parts. If they haven't done their homework it could be a straight lemon. It could be fine, who knows?

Good luck if you buy it. Let us know how it rocks.
"let us not seek the Republican answer or the democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future." - John F. Kennedy

".45GAP = .45 Gay Automatic Pistol."
- Ocean82
Mr. YACYAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:46 PM   #3
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 83409
One thing is for sure, that is one good lookin' rifle

Sent from my Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2
tomtom88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:38 AM   #4
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 74431
My LGS had a 5.56 Diamondback which I was considering before I chose the Armalite that came home with me. The DB felt really good and solid, was finished in a cool looking tan. Being as I wasn't familiar with them I passed, but will do some more research in case the need for a stable mate arises.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
tarfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:24 AM   #5
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 43664
Their pistols seem to be hit or miss. I think someone just bought them out.

I also lost all my guns in a terrible Boating accident. There seems to be alot of accidents these days.
southern thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:34 PM   #6
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 78156
I believe my LGS said they were part of Taurus Firearms.

9/11/01 - Never Forget
MikeyLikesCarbonFiber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:28 PM   #7
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 52430
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyLikesCarbonFiber View Post
I believe my LGS said they were part of Taurus Firearms.
Incorrect.
"let us not seek the Republican answer or the democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future." - John F. Kennedy

".45GAP = .45 Gay Automatic Pistol."
- Ocean82
Mr. YACYAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:36 PM   #8
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 84283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. YACYAS View Post
Incorrect.
Actually, that is correct.

thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/01/daniel-zimmerman/taurus-secures-diamondback-firearms

When someone has some good reviews, please post. The only solid review I have seen was bad due to the front pictanny rail or handguard being horribly machined and not getting fixed when the gun was returned by the buyer for repair.
benjiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:14 PM   #9
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 68297
Taurus acquired them in January. They are a subsidiary now. They are officially "taking over the marketing" of DB firearms. Mmmmmkay.

I'd say based on my experiences with a DB9 their firearms are mostly "miss," and not so much "hit". Awful is more like it.

Go browse diamondbacktalk.com.

About the time I sent mine back for the third time in six monts and they gave me a third gun due to it destroying itself, I looked on that site and all the hardcore enthusiasts that were apologists for everyone's problems early on were gone. Only noobs remained, and after a few more months even those jokerse were getting frustrated as frames were cracking, FTE , FTF , etc.

I learned the hard way from that gun to never ever buy in the first year of a gun's production. You'll be the beta tester.

Also now that they have been acquired by Taurus, you'll have a crappy gun that you need to return a lot. DB used to have good customer service. Taurus doesn't have a very good rep for customer service from what I've gathered.

IMHO I'd say stay away!

I hope that helps.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:22 PM   #10
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 25575
I handled one this morning at Wal-Mart. First one I've ever seen. Felt pretty good and was priced at $800 IIRC. My buddy has a DB .380 and it is a POS. Based on that gun alone, I wouldn't buy one of their AR's, when you can get a Colt for $200-$300 more.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk

Search tags for this page
are diamondback rifles any good
db 15 rifle review
diamondback 300 blackout

diamondback 300 blackout review

diamondback ar 15 review

diamondback ar 15 reviews

diamondback ar review
diamondback ar reviews
diamondback ar15 review
diamondback ar15 reviews

diamondback db 15 review

diamondback db15
diamondback db15 review
diamondback firearms review
feedback on a diamondback ar15 rifle
is diamondback a good ar 15
Click on a term to search for related topics.