• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Beretta ARX-160/100

This is a discussion on Beretta ARX-160/100 within the AR Talk forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; Originally Posted by Dave I I don't. The ARX seems like it could be great, but the height-over-axis seems excessive, it seems a bit bulky, ...

Old 02-03-2013, 10:53 PM   #11
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 78741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave I View Post
I don't. The ARX seems like it could be great, but the height-over-axis seems excessive, it seems a bit bulky, and I like my ACR. If they just supported the thing like promised, maybe lightened it a bit (which Remington has apparently done with the military model), the ACR would be just about perfect.

That said, the ARX has promise and I like the ingenuity that went into it. However, I'm sticking with my ACR. Just one opinion.

-Cheers
I love the ACR it is a great platform...BUT, like you stated...they just "don't support them" and you cant find them anywhere. I looked for months and only found one, it was over priced so I skipped on it. The ARX is supposed to be much lighter and from what I see it will be easier to break down...Not knocking the ACR, I just think this is going to be a better weapon system...but that is my opinion.

- Davy Crockett, Frontiersman, U.S. Senator
BIGHOSS6.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-04-2013, 02:40 PM   #12
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 44293
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGHOSS6.7 View Post
I love the ACR it is a great platform...BUT, like you stated...they just "don't support them" and you cant find them anywhere. I looked for months and only found one, it was over priced so I skipped on it.
Before this recent insanity I could find them pretty readily. My LGS just had one sitting on the wall so I bought it. As for not supporting them? There is something to be said about that. Smaller aftermarket companies are starting to come up with barrel conversions and accessories, and there is some hope Bushmaster/Remington might live up to earlier promises. It sounds like the Remington Gen 2 ACR has made some improvements so it's not like it's dead, it sounds like part of it is they're putting more resources into evolving it. Not that I'm supporting their lack of output on the civilian market, just stating what I've heard/surmised.

Quote:
The ARX is supposed to be much lighter and from what I see it will be easier to break down...Not knocking the ACR, I just think this is going to be a better weapon system...but that is my opinion.
It should be lighter, although with some mods (some Rem/BM are working on) the ACR is getting better. Plus, unless you're swapping from an AR-15 or the like immediately to an ACR it is not that heavy. The ARX has definitely got that though. Break down on the ARX looks quicker. Still, aside from quick barrel changes the ACR seems about as fast for breakdown. Even the quick barrel change on the ACR is pretty fast albeit slower than the ARX. I was high on that feature with the ARX until I owned the ACR and never had any need, or even urge, to shoot one barrel/caliber then quickly in-the-field swap to the other. So yes, it's cool, it just seems like something that I would never take advantage of. If I ever had to legitimately use either, I doubt I'd find much need to hunker down, quickly change barrel a/o caliber, and then start shooting again. No realistic solution comes to mind where that would be an issue.

All of that aside, I actually wanted an ARX. The reasons I'm not so high on them now are largely the height over axis (which may be a non-issue, but seems a bit excessive), and I have heard a few things that might be problematic in the design. Nothing definitive, and I cannot even remember what they were, it just raised questions marks. That and I prefer the looks of the ACR (that's way down the list). I'm sure the ARX will be fine, and if I hadn't gotten the ACR and been on the group buy list for the Tavor I'd probably be pretty excited about it. It's lightweight, innovative, should have bugs worked out from being a military-issue weapon (sans whatever changes they had to make to sell it over here), and those perks that I find largely unnecessary are still nice design features. I just personally prefer the ACR/Masada design, at least enough to balk at the ARX "blowing it out of the water" so to speak. That is not really a knock on the ARX either, just a long-winded way of saying I prefer the ACR.

-Cheers
Dave I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:44 PM   #13
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 74142
That sh-t's getting banned fo sho!

Wait, can't change the grip...deal breaker.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:54 AM   #14
XDTalk Member

Member #: 60679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave I View Post
Before this recent insanity I could find them pretty readily. My LGS just had one sitting on the wall so I bought it.
No I don't think so -
Mythree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:17 PM   #15
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 44293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythree View Post
No I don't think so -
The ACR, not the ARX. You did read my whole reply before you eye-rolled me, right?

-Cheers
Dave I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:14 AM   #16
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 34520
They'd have to make a big infrastructure investment to bring them to market here. Now that the threat of a nation wide ban has been pushed back slightly, maybe they will.

I don't think I'd get one though. that is well into the price range of the 308 EBRs. Maybe eventually, but not until my collection has filled out a bit more.
Groo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:57 AM   #17
XDTalk Member

Member #: 86072
So... maybe I'm oversimplifying it, but it looks kinda like it's an American made G-36 ripoff.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:08 PM   #18
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 39431
I know I am resurrecting an old thread here,

BUT

has anyone seen one of these on a shelf to purchase yet.

Nothing has been listed on GB as of yet.
TACC XD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:56 PM   #19
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 52290
Nope the only thing available is the .22 version. Top Gun Shooting Sports in Imperial Mo. has one on the wall. I believe the other versions are still aways away from being released in the US.
Walther P22
Rem 870 Tactical
Rock River Entry Tactical AR
xdmcompact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:02 PM   #20
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 84913
I thought they scrapped this and only are making the .22 model?(which I have been seeing.)
XDavin is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk

Search tags for this page

arx 100

arx 100 for sale

arx 100 release date

arx 160 release date
arx100 for sale
arx100 release date
beretta arx 100

beretta arx 100 for sale

beretta arx 100 forums
beretta arx 100 release

beretta arx 100 release date

beretta arx 160 civilian release date

Click on a term to search for related topics.