• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

so just before the madness started, I ordered more mags than I wanted....

This is a discussion on so just before the madness started, I ordered more mags than I wanted.... within the AR Talk forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; I was looking to get 5, and ended up getting a 10 pack. Now I am wondering if I shouldn't sell a few of them ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk » so just before the madness started, I ordered more mags than I wanted....

Old 01-22-2013, 07:39 PM   #1
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 34520
so just before the madness started, I ordered more mags than I wanted....

I was looking to get 5, and ended up getting a 10 pack. Now I am wondering if I shouldn't sell a few of them at slightly obscene prices to buy some other gun stuff at slightly obscene prices.
I figure their current market value might make it worth the hassle to sell now.
Would you sell, and how much would you ask for unused DSG Arms 30 round aluminum AR Mags?
My other AR mags include a Gen2 30 round PMag, a SS 20 rounder, a pair of too scary for NY and 1 that would be permitted even in NY that I use for hunting.
Groo is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-22-2013, 07:45 PM   #2
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 12549
I'd act like a decent person and sell them to someone who actually needs them for a decent price. Not big on taking someone to the cleaners just for the heck of it. Now, if you put them on a bidding site and someone bids am absurd amount, that's one thing. Asking an obscene price is just adding to the asshattery that is currently taking place (and the main reason that everything is sold out in stores, folks buying everything on the shelves with the intent of jacking up the prices and shellacking their fellow gun owners). IMO of course.
Ske1etor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:48 PM   #3
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 84873
To give you an idea, I ordered 5 30 round stainless steel mags at $14/ piece the other day. Would I pay the $30/ piece for a $15 magazine, nope, but I'm sure someone will.
CountryBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:59 PM   #4
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 80198
Sell them for whatever you can get for them. Hold onto that cash and ride out the storm happy.
hevnsnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:00 PM   #5
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 43924
Wasn't expecting this from you Groo...

Flight 93
Okay, let's roll!" -Todd Beamer

I joined what are you waiting for

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

MrStarofDavid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:32 PM   #6
XDTalk 15K Member

Member #: 54775
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrStarofDavid View Post
Wasn't expecting this from you Groo...

you cant blame a guy for being tempted.

there is money to be made and temptation is there especially if you need money.
Bonehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:39 PM   #7
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 84615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groo View Post
I was looking to get 5, and ended up getting a 10 pack. Now I am wondering if I shouldn't sell a few of them at slightly obscene prices to buy some other gun stuff at slightly obscene prices.
What you describe is exactly what Wall Street and CBOE do.

Only you can decide if they are your heroes, and whether or not you wish to emulate them in your personal life.

You've asked a question to a public forum as to what your morals are. Perhaps some serious introspection and writing down what you come up with, for you, is in order.

We can't answer for you. It's a Free Nation.
DenverPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:48 PM   #8
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 84633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groo View Post
I figure their current market value might make it worth the hassle to sell now.
Would you sell, and how much would you ask for unused DSG Arms 30 round aluminum AR Mags?
My other AR mags include a Gen2 30 round PMag, a SS 20 rounder, a pair of too scary for NY and 1 that would be permitted even in NY that I use for hunting.
I say, unless you know a guy who is in need who you would sell to at a fair price throw them on whatever auction site and see what the bidding comes to...I am all for taking the high road, by as his original post pointed out - nothing forearms related is getting any cheaper and I'm guessing that even after the panic passes, that ammo prices and may prices stay inflated past what they see just two months ago. Seems to have happened in 2008 and that whole freak out proved completely baseless.

A thing is worth what it can be sold for. Period.
johnnyblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:15 PM   #9
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 80198
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverPilot View Post
What you describe is exactly what Wall Street and CBOE do.

Only you can decide if they are your heroes, and whether or not you wish to emulate them in your personal life.

You've asked a question to a public forum as to what your morals are. Perhaps some serious introspection and writing down what you come up with, for you, is in order.

We can't answer for you. It's a Free Nation.
I'm sorry but selling for a profit is not a moral issue. Perhaps there is some guy out there that would pay ANYTHING for an additional pmag for his brand new $2000 Oracle. If you put the mags up for sale for $50/ea and someone buys them, that meant that the particular item (mag) was worth at least $50 to the buyer. Welcome to capitalism.
hevnsnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:18 PM   #10
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 16502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
you cant blame a guy for being tempted.

there is money to be made and temptation is there especially if you need money.
I could make a LOT of money off of the mags I own. Still will not do it. Rather sell to a close friend or family member at a NORMAL price.

US Army 2005 - 2014
Kimber Series I Compact Aluminum - My Carry

NRA Life Member
SAF Defenders Club Life Membership
AZCDL Life Membership

IN HELPDESK WE TRUST #2

"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!"

Capt. John Parker, Lexington militia
ArmyGuy45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk

Search tags for this page

brownells backorder

brownells backorder pmag time

brownells backorder time

brownells pmag

brownells pmag backorder wait time 2013

brownells pmag backorder wait times
daniel defense current market value

is the pmag shortage over

pmag shortage

pmag shortage 2013
pmag shortage over?
rileys hooksett
when will the 223 madness stop
Click on a term to search for related topics.