• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

RRA Fred Eichler

This is a discussion on RRA Fred Eichler within the AR Talk forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; Hi! New to the forum, but have been reading off of here for as long as XD talk has been around. I am not new ...

Old 11-10-2012, 09:33 PM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 81774
RRA Fred Eichler

Hi! New to the forum, but have been reading off of here for as long as XD talk has been around.
I am not new to the AR scene. I have owned a few over the years and made slight upgrades, and ended up selling them off. I have a generous gun fund at the time and have been looking hard at the Fred Eichler RRA AR. I currently use a Savage in 22-250, but would like a semi auto that I could use in competition (open sight), hunting, and SHTF scenario. Also, just plinking and some run and gun fun with my old army friends. I was thinking the long rail would allow for a long sight radius with BUIS.
Is this a good option for what I described? Anyone have experience with this rifle? The weight is just under 8 pounds, so not a worry there.
Hunter87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 11-10-2012, 10:01 PM   #2
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 34520
why not a fixed sight at the end of the barrel?
Groo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:14 PM   #3
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 76219
Welcome to the forum from NC
RandyWag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:32 PM   #4
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 28247
You might want to check out the new Troy carbine. I picked up one at Dick's Sporting goods for $1099. It has a flip up sight at the end of a 13" rail.

Old 11-10-2012, 10:33 PM   #5
XDTalk Newbie

Fixed sight is an option yes, but more concerned if anyone has got their hands on this rifle or find any problems with my intended uses for it. There are no dealers where I am at that carry Rock River products.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:39 PM   #6
XDTalk Newbie

What kind of groups are you shooting with the Troy? I have always put Troy gear on rifles I have sold in the past and love the rails. This RRA advertised a 3/4 MOA, with reports of under 1/2. Just curious how the Troy does.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:24 AM   #7
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 28247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter87 View Post
What kind of groups are you shooting with the Troy? I have always put Troy gear on rifles I have sold in the past and love the rails. This RRA advertised a 3/4 MOA, with reports of under 1/2. Just curious how the Troy does.
Don't know yet. I literally just picked it up. Thought I would get to the range this weekend, but the honey-do list keeps growing.

Like you, I have always been impressed with Troy quality, so when I saw they were producing a complete rifle, I decided to give it a try. Based on your requirement for an all-around rifle with a long sight radius, I thought you might want to check it out.

As for RRA's guarantee, I'm pretty sure that's with Match ammo, which I rarely use. The current "AR Rifleman Buyers Guide" I picked up last week at the grocery store happened to test a Fred Eichler Predator. The best group they got was .81" with Black Hills 77gr SMKs. Other ammo was over an inch. I suppose you could try sending it back to RRA if it doesn't achieve 3/4 MOA.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:44 PM   #8
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 10643
Don't know about the Fred RRA, but a friend of mine bought a Predator Pursuit last year, and it routinely shoots 1/2 m.o.a. or less @ 100 yds. It's really hard to beat RRA for the money.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:42 AM   #9
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 7648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercmar View Post
Don't know about the Fred RRA, but a friend of mine bought a Predator Pursuit last year, and it routinely shoots 1/2 m.o.a. or less @ 100 yds. It's really hard to beat RRA for the money.
RRA is great for the money.

If you want a great shooting AR and not a MIL-SPEC copy that shoots to MIL-SPEC.....4moa .....+- then get a RRA!

Mine will shoot less than 1moa when I do my part!
Old 11-14-2012, 01:22 PM   #10
XDTalk Newbie

Contacted RRA, cannot pick up this rifle without the paw print handguard. I am not a huge fan of it, but im not considering it because of its looks. Asked to switch it out with a different rail, but that was a no go.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk

ar-15, fred eichler, rra

Search tags for this page

fred eichler ar 15

fred eichler ar 15 for sale

fred eichler ar for sale
fred eichler handguard for sale
fred eichler rock river arms for sale
fred eichler rock river for sale
fred eichler rock river review
rock river arms fred eichler for sale
rock river arms fred eichler series for sale
rock river fred eichler 1015 for sale

rock river fred eichler for sale

rock river fred eichler review
rock river fred eichler rifle for sale

rra fred eichler for sale

rra fred eichler review
rra fred eichler series for sale
Click on a term to search for related topics.