• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Like a kid on Christmas :)

This is a discussion on Like a kid on Christmas :) within the AR Talk forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; Today I finished paying off my M&P-15 sport model for the nice price of $649 and I feel like a little kid on Christmas day. ...

Old 08-17-2012, 06:49 PM   #1
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 73210
Like a kid on Christmas :)

Today I finished paying off my M&P-15 sport model for the nice price of $649 and I feel like a little kid on Christmas day. I just got home so i haven't even had time to give it its first cleaning. I cant wait to get out to the range and shoot it tomorrow. It didn't come with a carry handle though that's no big deal because it came with a rear MBUS instead. This is my first AR so any tid bits of advice are welcome. I will give a range report Saturday afternoon when i get back.

M&P .40
Remington 597 .22 w/3-9x24 scope
wyodeseertrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-17-2012, 07:06 PM   #2
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 15395
Congrats! Probably the same one I am going to get.

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ!
SpringerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:09 PM   #3
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 51845
Congrats. ARs' are fun. Need some pics.

US Army MP 1974-1986
NRA Member expires 2015
Rbrad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:27 PM   #4
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 71138
Congrats! Enjoy your new toy. I know I love mine. When you clean it, i suggest picking up one of those little magnetic bowls from your local hardware store. It gives you a nice place to put all the little pins and such you take out when you field strip and clean it so you don't loose anything. I also recommend picking up a spare parts kit. Its very handy to have spare parts laying around in case something wears out or you loose something.

As far as accessories, I'd recommend a good set of optics and some extra magazines and that will get you off the ground. I just use my irons and also have a 4-12x40 scope in American Defense scope mounts. I plan on picking up an EoTech HWS when I have some extra money. As far as the mags, I highly recommend Magpul Pmags. IMHO, the best mags you can buy. I have 4, and they are the only mags I use. I don't even use the metal mag that came with my gun anymore. Only other modification I've made is my Yankee Hill handguard.

I also suggest investing in a 22LR conversion kit. CMMG makes a good one. You just pull your bolt carrier assembly out of your upper, and drop in the conversion kit, and you're good to go. Allows you to practice with your AR, without having to spend a fortune on 223 or 5.56.

Look forward to hearing the range report.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown
The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.
My Toys:
Springfield XD9 Service Model
Springfield XD45 Compact
Springfield XDs 45ACP (EDC)
Sig Sauer P226 MK25
Colt Match Competition HBAR II
MSAR STG-556
A few more that arent listed....
Devin.Morris.007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:38 PM   #5
XDTalk 500 Member

the lady at the gun store gave me a pmag for being such a avid customer. My friend has a few i like them. my plans are a MOE stock, Aim Point PRO and a flash light mounted on the front gas block for now. And i just found out that the rails/rifle holders in my safe are too high up for an AR even with the stock extended all the way.

M&P .40
Old 08-17-2012, 08:00 PM   #6
XDTalk 500 Member

Photo by wyodesertrat • Instagram
Attached Thumbnails
Like a kid on Christmas :)-1dd77c1ce8ce11e19f3f22000a1c00f7_7.jpg  

M&P .40
Old 08-18-2012, 12:31 AM   #7
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 66064
Congrats on the new AR. Looks good.
I wouldn't care about not coming w/the carry handle myself. They usually end up in a drawer or box somewhere, at least mine do!
richeyo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:30 PM   #8
XDTalk 500 Member

so i forgot to take pictures at the range of my target( i had one of my very cute lady friends bugging the **** out of me about leaving and in general being a girl). I did how ever get a rude introduction to how hard the nail method is to use while trying adjust my front sight. Over all it was still a good first range session with it. I love how it shoots. Her trigger is smooth and has a clean crisp break and her groups are tight. I even did some moving while firing drills with both the AR and my pistol. I have another trip to the range planed for tomorrow and i will get some pic. Oh and who makes a good front sight tool for AR's?

M&P .40
Old 08-18-2012, 07:06 PM   #9
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 77569
congrats on the new AR i cant wait until i get my first one.... I WILL feel the same as you
2slow04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:27 PM   #10
XDTalk 500 Member

it was such a great feeling when i finally got her all paid off. the first time shoot it was pretty dang amazing as well

M&P .40

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk

ar-15, m&p 15

Search tags for this page
gt jon
how much did you pay m&p 15
i'm shooting low should my front site post be moved up or down
m&p addict
weatherby pa 459 review

weatherby pa-459 review

what is a 3-9x24 scopes
Click on a term to search for related topics.