• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Like a kid on Christmas :)

This is a discussion on Like a kid on Christmas :) within the AR Talk forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; So today i put on a MAGPUL MOE grip in FDE. I really like how it feels, so far and im really liking the color....

Old 08-25-2012, 11:13 AM   #21
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 73210
So today i put on a MAGPUL MOE grip in FDE. I really like how it feels, so far and im really liking the color.

M&P .40
Remington 597 .22 w/3-9x24 scope
wyodeseertrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-28-2012, 09:52 PM   #22
XDTalk 500 Member

Like a kid on Christmas :)-imageuploadedbytapatalk1346208656.650327.jpg
This is the best I could for the day. This weekend I will finish sighting it in

M&P .40
Old 08-28-2012, 09:53 PM   #23
XDTalk 500 Member

Like a kid on Christmas :)-imageuploadedbytapatalk1346208780.818917.jpg
This is what she looks like at the moment.

M&P .40
Old 08-28-2012, 09:56 PM   #24
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 66064
Rifle looks good man...

What distance are you trying to sight her in at?
richeyo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:47 PM   #25
XDTalk 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by richeyo2 View Post
Rifle looks good man...

What distance are you trying to sight her in at?
Thanks
I believe it was 25yrds but not real certain because assholes shoot up all the distance markers on the side of the range. I'm going back to range ether Friday afternoon or Saturday to finish the job. And I may even have a new optic for it, but not sure if I want what's at the LGS.

M&P .40
Old 08-29-2012, 12:37 AM   #26
XDTalk 5K Member

Just me maybe, but w/my AR's I usually start out at 50yds, puts you real close at 200yds. & a little low at 100yds.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:42 AM   #27
XDTalk 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by richeyo2 View Post
Just me maybe, but w/my AR's I usually start out at 50yds, puts you real close at 200yds. & a little low at 100yds.
I'm still kinda unsure how all that works, but hey that's what range time is for right.

M&P .40
Old 08-29-2012, 10:32 AM   #28
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 68136
Yeah, sighting in at 25 seems a little short for a rifle. If I recall, I used to sight in at 100 yards. It would put me a little high at 50 and a little low at 200 (I think). But dead on at 100, you are definitely close plus or minus 50-100 yards. Some people sight in 1" to 1 and a half inches high at 100 yards which I believe puts you pretty much dead on at 200. But again, sighting it in all relates as to what distances you are going to shoot. And I think what kind of ammo/grain you use will probably be a factor. So sighting in means different things to different people. If you are hunting Elk out to 500 yards, then that is another challenge of sighting. But just going to the range, figure out how YOU want it. Dead on at 100, then will be a little low at 200. Get the feel for it and you can slightly compensate for yardage as well.
JXDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:43 AM   #29
XDTalk 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JXDR View Post
Yeah, sighting in at 25 seems a little short for a rifle. If I recall, I used to sight in at 100 yards. It would put me a little high at 50 and a little low at 200 (I think). But dead on at 100, you are definitely close plus or minus 50-100 yards. Some people sight in 1" to 1 and a half inches high at 100 yards which I believe puts you pretty much dead on at 200. But again, sighting it in all relates as to what distances you are going to shoot. And I think what kind of ammo/grain you use will probably be a factor. So sighting in means different things to different people. If you are hunting Elk out to 500 yards, then that is another challenge of sighting. But just going to the range, figure out how YOU want it. Dead on at 100, then will be a little low at 200. Get the feel for it and you can slightly compensate for yardage as well.
I think I will try to sight in at 100yrd because if I remember correctly our range is only out to 250yrd.

M&P .40
Old 08-29-2012, 11:47 PM   #30
XDTalk 5K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyodeseertrat View Post
I'm still kinda unsure how all that works, but hey that's what range time is for right.
Yep, nothing can't help you figure it out better than range time that's for sure!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk

ar-15, m&p 15

Search tags for this page
gt jon
how much did you pay m&p 15
i'm shooting low should my front site post be moved up or down
m&p addict
weatherby pa 459 review

weatherby pa-459 review

what is a 3-9x24 scopes
Click on a term to search for related topics.