• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Like a kid on Christmas :)

This is a discussion on Like a kid on Christmas :) within the AR Talk forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; Congrats love mine!! So far have changed the handgaurd, grip, added a tac light and red dot/greendot optic. Enjoy!!...

Old 08-18-2012, 07:47 PM   #11
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 63364
Congrats love mine!! So far have changed the handgaurd, grip, added a tac light and red dot/greendot optic. Enjoy!!
Old 08-18-2012, 10:20 PM   #12
XDTalk Member

Member #: 71570
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyodeseertrat View Post
I did how ever get a rude introduction to how hard the nail method is to use while trying adjust my front sight.
I use the tip of a 5.56 cartridge, and it seems to work pretty well.
Springfield XD Subcompact .40 SW
Weatherby PA-459 12 gauge
HK 416D .22lr
Mosin Nagant 7.62x54
Win_Easy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 02:29 AM   #13
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 66064
Man I'm glad to hear you're liking your new AR.
Warning they are addictive!
richeyo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:05 AM   #14
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 73210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Win_Easy View Post
I use the tip of a 5.56 cartridge, and it seems to work pretty well.
Do you think a .223 would be workable?

M&P .40
Remington 597 .22 w/3-9x24 scope
wyodeseertrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 03:54 PM   #15
XDTalk 5K Member

Quote:
Do you think a .223 would be workable?
Yes it can work, but the tool is cheap $7-15 depending where you get it. Also w/the tool you won't nuck/scratch up the finish!
Old 08-19-2012, 07:06 PM   #16
XDTalk 500 Member

So im going to hijack my own thread right now with this question- i think i may be confused about how to sight my AR in. I am trying to sight in at 25yrds and my first group started low on the paper so i moved my front sight up to bring my next group up. Is that wrong?

M&P .40
Old 08-19-2012, 07:47 PM   #17
XDTalk Member

Member #: 71570
Quote:
I am trying to sight in at 25yrds and my first group started low on the paper so i moved my front sight up to bring my next group up. Is that wrong?
As long as I am understanding you correctly, then you are wrong. You actually wanted to move your front sight down, as to match it to the lower spot where the bullets are actually hitting. Your sight should be engraved with the word "up", followed by an arrow pointing to the left. Indicating that to move your point of impact up, you should then turn your sight clockwise, which actually moves the sight downward, but the point of impact upward.
Springfield XD Subcompact .40 SW
Weatherby PA-459 12 gauge
HK 416D .22lr
Mosin Nagant 7.62x54
Win_Easy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:34 PM   #18
XDTalk 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Win_Easy View Post
As long as I am understanding you correctly, then you are wrong. You actually wanted to move your front sight down, as to match it to the lower spot where the bullets are actually hitting. Your sight should be engraved with the word "up", followed by an arrow pointing to the left. Indicating that to move your point of impact up, you should then turn your sight clockwise, which actually moves the sight downward, but the point of impact upward.
ok thank you that was the simplest way iv heard it so far. i will hit the range monday after work and start all over again

M&P .40
Old 08-19-2012, 09:01 PM   #19
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 76720
Congrats. Only had mine for less than a year, and like someone else already said, THEY ARE ADDICTIVE! As far as suggestions, my #1 suggestion is to go with good quality glass if you plan on using something besides irons. I screwed up when I first bought mine and bought a cheapo scope that ended up in the junk box $150 later. Cheap optics take away the trust in an AR-15 IMO. Plenty of AR info out there on the web, so when you see MANY people talking just a few brands, it's pretty saft to say trust 'em.

Ohh yeah... And get some spare mags. loading 30 rounds every minute gets kind of tiring on the fingers. With some extra P-mags you can have those babies loaded up the night before you hit the range and save time on loading, so more time for shooting.

NRA MEMBER
scott_ff65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:21 PM   #20
XDTalk 5K Member

I always zero my AR .223/5.56 in at 50yds, which makes it close at 200yds from my experience.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk

ar-15, m&p 15

Search tags for this page
gt jon
how much did you pay m&p 15
i'm shooting low should my front site post be moved up or down
m&p addict
weatherby pa 459 review

weatherby pa-459 review

what is a 3-9x24 scopes
Click on a term to search for related topics.