• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

AR-47....7.62x39 meets the AR style rifle

This is a discussion on AR-47....7.62x39 meets the AR style rifle within the AR Talk forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; I finally bought my lower for my very first AR build. i'm a really big AK(or ak variant) guy but i have been wondering what ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk » AR-47....7.62x39 meets the AR style rifle

Old 06-08-2012, 05:07 PM   #1
XDTalk Member

Member #: 60478
AR-47....7.62x39 meets the AR style rifle

I finally bought my lower for my very first AR build. i'm a really big AK(or ak variant) guy but i have been wondering what caliber should i choose to build for my ar. i like the 5.56/.223 but i have seen uppers that are chambered for the 7.62x39. i like the accuracy of the ar platform but i like the knock down power of the ak.......does anyone have, heard, or seen this setup and know enough about it to provide pros and cons about it? all feedback welcome.
Remove Ads
Old 06-08-2012, 05:36 PM   #2
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 12586
Get the .300 AAC Blackout

Its a little more powerful than the 7.62x39 (and the .30-30)...its American produced rounds, can be both supersonic AND subsonic, and the nice thing is..you change NOTHING but the barrel..everything stays the same, mags, bolt, bcg.

300 AAC BLACKOUT (300BLK)

300 AAC Blackout (7.6235mm) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Maximum effective range =
  • 460 metres (503 yd) 125 grain supersonic
  • 200 metres (219 yd) 220 grain subsonic

https://www.primaryarms.com/CMMG_UPP..._7cCMMG30BF827

These are comparable...but they are proprietary..thus have to go to specialized manufacturers and ammo producers...the blackout is NOT proprietary
‎"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!" - Sam Houston
"quo vadis"
AwPhuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:10 PM   #3
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 54278
How does the 300 blackout compare to 7.62 price wise though? What I have researched so far its pricey.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:17 PM   #4
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 51043
Sooo unfortunately you have already bought the lower.... Rock River Arms has an LAR-47. It has a proprietary upper and lower, but can use all AR-15 accessories (such as rails and stocks) and also uses standard AK magazines.
Rock River Arms: RRA LAR-47 7.62x39mm
There are people out there who don't own RRAs that will hate on them all day, but the actual owners (me being one of them) Have never had a problem our RRA rifles and will buy from them again.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:17 PM   #5
XDTalk 15K Member

Member #: 54775
Quote:
Originally Posted by agould27 View Post
How does the 300 blackout compare to 7.62 price wise though? What I have researched so far its pricey.
both 5.56 and the 7.62x39 ammo can be purchased as bulk milsurp.

if cost is an issue either of them should fit your wallet.

the 300blk is impressive though. I have no experience with it but everything I have seen about it makes me interested in it.
Bonehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:29 PM   #6
XDTalk 10K Member

Quote:
300 AAC BLACKOUT : Ammunition To Go

300 AAC Blackout Ammo

Against Russian bulk steel stuff...ain't no chance in heck

Nice thing is

http://www.advanced-armament.com/product.aspx?pid=898
Get the dies...reload!

Kinda difficult with 7.62x39 because the bullet size is actually .311 vs .308

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhen View Post
Sooo unfortunately you have already bought the lower.... Rock River Arms has an LAR-47. It has a proprietary upper and lower, but can use all AR-15 accessories (such as rails and stocks) and also uses standard AK magazines.
There are people out there who don't own RRAs that will hate on them all day, but the actual owners (me being one of them) Have never had a problem our RRA rifles and will buy from them again.
I have a full build RRA 16" midlength and it ROCKS!!!!! (got mine back when AR's were running $1000 to $1200 plus for almost the lowest of the low...got mine at a GREAT price for $750)
‎"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!" - Sam Houston
"quo vadis"
Old 06-08-2012, 06:30 PM   #7
XDTalk Member

Quote:

That is my biggest concern. i dont think i have ever heard of the 300 AAC Blackout until now and im having a hard time finding it online in bulk. i read a few reviews for it and it is "similar" the AK round but with the availability of the 7.62 Soviet i'll have to do more research on the blackout cartridge. if there are any links or places i could order in bulk please list!!! I'm interested to find out more......
Old 06-08-2012, 06:36 PM   #8
XDTalk 10K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha_Q View Post
That is my biggest concern. i dont think i have ever heard of the 300 AAC Blackout until now and im having a hard time finding it online in bulk. i read a few reviews for it and it is "similar" the AK round but with the availability of the 7.62 Soviet i'll have to do more research on the blackout cartridge. if there are any links or places i could order in bulk please list!!! I'm interested to find out more......
300 Blackout 115 Grain CTFB Remington UMC - 200 Rounds - Surplus Ammo

200 for $129
"quo vadis"
Old 06-08-2012, 06:49 PM   #9
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 54278
The 300 blackout would be and awesome deer maybe black bear rifle. SHTF gun ain't no way in heck it compares to russian suprlus ammo, or range time fun.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:55 PM   #10
XDTalk Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhen View Post

i thought that any AR is interchangable and all you would have to do is change the upper, the mag, and the ammo? is that not right? the lower i have says it will accept any caliber i build it to.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk

5.56 nato, 7.62x39, ak 47, hybrid, rifle

Search tags for this page
7.62x39 ar reviews

ar 47

ar 47 rifle
ar style rifle in 7.62x39

ar-47

ar47

ar47 lower
ar47 rifle
games ar47
how to build an ar 47
is a ak47 piston driven?
opinions on rock river 7.62x39 rifle
Click on a term to search for related topics.