XD Talk

  • Home
  • Forum
  • Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

AR-47....7.62x39 meets the AR style rifle

This is a discussion on AR-47....7.62x39 meets the AR style rifle within the AR Talk forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; Originally Posted by Alpha_Q Problem with that is i have AK's and the downfall to it's design is it's accuracy but i love cartridge. i ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk » AR-47....7.62x39 meets the AR style rifle

Reply
Old 06-08-2012, 08:11 PM   #21
XDTalk 15K Member
 
Member #: 54775
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 18,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha_Q View Post
Problem with that is i have AK's and the downfall to it's design is it's accuracy but i love cartridge. i have seen plenty of .39 uppers for the ar platform and thought it would be great to have the knock down of the ak with the accuracy of the AR at a lower cost for ammo so i can be at the range longer......and why would a lower state that "any" caliber would work if it would pose a saftey issue. not being sarcastic ... just wondering....still an AR Newb.

are you certain your AK isn't as accurate as an AR?
Bonehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-08-2012, 08:43 PM   #22
XDTalk 2K Member
 
John A.'s Avatar
 
Member #: 11014
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: not California
Posts: 2,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwPhuch View Post
7.62x39

500 for $109
WPA (Wolf) 7.62x39 FMJ 20rd Box

Anyway, the big problem with 7.62x39 in an AR is often you will need to install a heavier hammer spring to reliably light some of the hard surplus import primers.

Also, AR magazines in 7.62x39 are more often than not, problematic because of the case taper.

The company that was making most of the x39 AR mags had some legal trouble, but you can still often find them if you shop around. They are C products brand and you can also look for ASC mags.
__________________
if you give them an inch, eventually they will be a ruler.
John A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:54 PM   #23
XDTalk Member
 
Alpha_Q's Avatar
 
Member #: 60478
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
are you certain your AK isn't as accurate as an AR?
My "Katies" generally produces shot groups measuring 3 to 6 inches at 100 yards depending....This is a result of the rifle's design. Just the way an AK's reciever is made it flexes when fired which can not be controlled causing the the bullet to drift. i haven't owned an AR to test them both side by side yet but i will see one day soon. why do you ask? that is if you dont mind....
__________________
All who never tried or quit swear it's impossible.
Those who never quit prove them wrong.
Alpha_Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:16 PM   #24
XDTalk 15K Member
 
Member #: 54775
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 18,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha_Q View Post
My "Katies" generally produces shot groups measuring 3 to 6 inches at 100 yards depending....This is a result of the rifle's design. Just the way an AK's reciever is made it flexes when fired which can not be controlled causing the the bullet to drift. i haven't owned an AR to test them both side by side yet but i will see one day soon. why do you ask? that is if you dont mind....

I am not completely convinced the AK has accuracy problems. its designed to hit man sized targets and it will do that up to 400 meters if the person shooting does his job.

I guess it just depends on what you expect from it.
Bonehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:16 PM   #25
XDTalk 2K Member
 
John A.'s Avatar
 
Member #: 11014
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: not California
Posts: 2,777
Have you considered an SKS?

They have a longer barrel (more velocity, longer range), and the chinese variants have a milled receiver from a block of steel that are much stronger and ridgid than AK's.

And you dont' have to worry about mag problems either.
__________________
if you give them an inch, eventually they will be a ruler.
John A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:50 PM   #26
XDTalk Member
 
Alpha_Q's Avatar
 
Member #: 60478
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by John A. View Post
Have you considered an SKS?

They have a longer barrel (more velocity, longer range), and the chinese variants have a milled receiver from a block of steel that are much stronger and ridgid than AK's.

And you dont' have to worry about mag problems either.
yup i have one. here's some pics of the stuff im used to shootin...



__________________
All who never tried or quit swear it's impossible.
Those who never quit prove them wrong.
Alpha_Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:53 PM   #27
XDTalk 1K Member
 
mhen's Avatar
 
Member #: 51043
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Black Diamond, WA
Posts: 1,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha_Q View Post
Problem with that is i have AK's and the downfall to it's design is it's accuracy but i love cartridge. i have seen plenty of .39 uppers for the ar platform and thought it would be great to have the knock down of the ak with the accuracy of the AR at a lower cost for ammo so i can be at the range longer......and why would a lower state that "any" caliber would work if it would pose a saftey issue. not being sarcastic ... just wondering....still an AR Newb.
I'm not sure about the 7.62x39 because I haven't looked into it at all. I just personally have never seen an upper/rifle for it. I've been looking into doing a .308 AR build and the "multi" lowers cannot fire the .308 not due to safety but rather due to size. The "multi" lowers simply aren't big enough. I wasn't sure about the 7.62x39 but it sounds like you have that figured out. Sounds like you may have a cool build in the works, post pics of it when you finish, we all love gun porn around here
__________________
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."
-Thomas Jefferson
mhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:55 PM   #28
XDTalk 15K Member
 
Member #: 54775
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 18,155


not for nothin' how do you like that folding stock?
Bonehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:01 PM   #29
XDTalk Member
 
Alpha_Q's Avatar
 
Member #: 60478
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post


not for nothin' how do you like that folding stock?
i like it actually.....lol
__________________
All who never tried or quit swear it's impossible.
Those who never quit prove them wrong.
Alpha_Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:03 PM   #30
XDTalk Member
 
Alpha_Q's Avatar
 
Member #: 60478
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhen View Post
I'm not sure about the 7.62x39 because I haven't looked into it at all. I just personally have never seen an upper/rifle for it. I've been looking into doing a .308 AR build and the "multi" lowers cannot fire the .308 not due to safety but rather due to size. The "multi" lowers simply aren't big enough. I wasn't sure about the 7.62x39 but it sounds like you have that figured out. Sounds like you may have a cool build in the works, post pics of it when you finish, we all love gun porn around here
oh i def will.....i'm attempting to do all the work myself outside of the machining and stuff. but paint and the whole nine.....
__________________
All who never tried or quit swear it's impossible.
Those who never quit prove them wrong.
Alpha_Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk

5.56 nato, 7.62x39, ak 47, hybrid, rifle


Search tags for this page
7.62x39 ar reviews
,

ar 47

,
ar 47 rifle
,
ar 47 upper
,
ar style rifle in 7.62x39
,

ar-47

,
ar-47 pistol upper
,

ar47

,
ar47 lower
,
ar47 rifle
,
does an ak 47 deform 7.62x39 enough to make t hard to reload
,
games ar47
,
how to build an ar 47
,
is a ak47 piston driven?
,
piston driven 7.62x39 rifles
,
pws mk 7.62x39
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On