• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Windham Weaponry AR-15 question

This is a discussion on Windham Weaponry AR-15 question within the AR Talk forums, part of the Long Gun Talk category; It is probably pinned on there but you can knock it out using a punch and pushing the pin out going towards the side with ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk » Windham Weaponry AR-15 question

Old 04-26-2012, 01:33 PM   #11
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 32214
It is probably pinned on there but you can knock it out using a punch and pushing the pin out going towards the side with your ejection port.

4.5 XDM 40S&W
4.5 Bitone XDM 9mm
Ruger P90 45ACP
Mossberg 930SPX Tactical Shotgun
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

PSA M4 Carbine with Vortex Viper PST Optic
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
1xdmshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-26-2012, 01:45 PM   #12
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 9359
It sounds like you may have bought the wrong Windham Weaponry rifle. What you wanted is the SRC model:
http://www.windhamweaponry.com/pdf/T...onry%20SRC.pdf
It is almost certainly too late for you, but for others who might read this thread, the SRC is a totally flat top model which would be better for chronic tinkerers...like AR15 people tend to be.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:48 PM   #13
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 70527
Quote:
Originally Posted by wburychka View Post
It sounds like you may have bought the wrong Windham Weaponry rifle. What you wanted is the SRC model:
http://www.windhamweaponry.com/pdf/T...onry%20SRC.pdf
It is almost certainly too late for you, but for others who might read this thread, the SRC is a totally flat top model which would be better for chronic tinkerers...like AR15 people tend to be.
That gas block is still pinned and would have to be removed to install alot of the different FF rails that are out there.
alien8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:26 PM   #14
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 27123
Check out the new Troy BattleRail Delta.

It's a drop-in free float system that you can attach rails to where you want them, and requires no gunsmithing. Your FSB stays in place.

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding it's way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge".--Isaac Asimov
Cuda66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 02:45 PM   #15
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 15720
I'm not sure what you want, drop in rails require no modifications for you, as do the MOE grips pull the ring down and slide em out. (might have a screw to unscrew to take the top rail off/put it on, so mod to the rail not the rifle)

you can shave down the FSB and have the best rail block ever

you can use STEEL punches (destroyed a brass set don't try it) and take the taper pins out and slide the FSB off to put something else on, pute some sort of lube on the barel when sliding stuff on or off or your going to scratch the thing to death.

If you want to go to a free float rail You need a barrel nut wrench, one with both parts (the rippled thing on one side to remove the spring nut which is on there, then the pegs on the other side to put on the free float ring on there.)

I'm not sure what you want but those are your pimary options.

you need to youtube how to put on and take off a barrel. and the other things I mentioned watch how its done to get a full understanding of what yoru doing and you'll be educated enough to figure out what you want.

FSB shave, all you need is a dremel kit and youtube. I think some $5 pen or something to reblue/coat the shave point not sure on that part.
yocan is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » Long Gun Talk » AR Talk

ar-15, ar15 conversion, windham weaponry

Search tags for this page
best handguard for windham src

best scope for windham ar 15

core 15 vs windham weapons

how to get the front fixed sight off a windam ar15
how to install quad rail on wyndham
price on windham weaponry ar 15 quad rail
remove windham arms gas block

tool can you get for your a.r. 15 winham weaponry a.r. 15 at the clip

which front sight goes on windham ar15

windham

windham ar 15 223 how to take apart to clean

windham ar15 can i remove the front sight

windham weapon ar15 stock removal
windham weaponry ar-15 iron sights

windham weaponry gas block removal

windham weaponry src handguard

Click on a term to search for related topics.